Alert before an item becomes discontinued
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/21/2022 8:37:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 331
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos189
Alert before an item becomes discontinued
So, I had multiple items in my wish list, like Galaxies RDTA, Galaxies RTA, some drip tips, and probably multiple others that I can't remember right now. When i came to decision and tried to buy them I noticed those items are no longer available. Items which were available a month ago or so.
Needles to say I became disappointed and sad, and even angry when I found out that even other sites has no stock of them.

So my idea is that somehow alert the user, who has the items on their wish-list, before it goes discontinued (or out of stock for eternity)

For example right now I have the ST Speed Revolution SKU 9623618, SXK Reload S SKU 9696076, Coppervape Hippo RDA SKU 9629095 on my wish list. All listed years ago 2017-2019 so I afraid, Really afraid that they will be discontinued in the near future, but since I don't know when, I don't feel the urge to buy them now/this month, I mean I will buy them eventually if available, but it would change my priorities if I would know there's only a few left and gone forever after that few sold out.

Also more annoyingly, recently most of my tickets were about items that I Could order but got discontinued out of nowhere so I had to cancel them... Not a big deal since they were only some cheap drip tips, but yes a bit of an annoyance.
#2 (permalink)      3/21/2022 10:04:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
+1 details
Hate to say it, but with clones it's a "buy now" situation...most clones don't sell well enough for continued production, and people have moved on to the "next big thing"...sure, some atties, like the Narda or Hadaly break that, due to extreme popularity, but most times, if you want it...buy it NOW!

Think about all the vapers that missed out on the Wick'D rda when SXK produced their excellent copy...it's a shame that so many vapers will miss out on one of the best atties ever made! Billet users got lucky when the Bridg'D was briefly rereleased, before V2 come along - but it's not normally the case.

just always consider all vape products to have a 3 month window, and buy accordingly.

Edited on 3/21/2022 at 10:04 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      3/21/2022 11:04:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 331
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos189
While I get what you say the Galaxies RDTA and RTA both was authentic also I have the Brunhilde MTL RDTA on my wishlist, that's authentic too listed in 2019, so worried that it'll be discontinued soonish but I just dont wanna pay 35 buck for an atty right now. Probably buy it in May but I just can't know if it'll be available still.
Oh also if I'm correct the Hippo is authentic too tho from a well known "cloner"...

All in all I worried about items listed years ago and not recently.

Edited on 3/21/2022 at 11:05 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      3/21/2022 11:08:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
RattyRat wrote:

While I get what you say the Galaxies RDTA and RTA both was authentic also I have the Brunhilde MTL RDTA on my wishlist, that's authentic too listed in 2019, so worried that it'll be discontinued soonish but I just dont wanna pay 35 buck for an atty right now. Probably buy it in May but I just can't know if it'll be available still.Oh also if I'm correct the Hippo is authentic too tho from a well known "cloner"...All in all I worried about items listed years ago and not recently.

Yep, I agree on non-clone items, but with FT not keeping stock of most items, I'm afraid the idea of a "warning" is redundant, and not likely to be be very effective, honestly.

Maybe FT can try...I'm all for it.

#5 (permalink)      3/21/2022 11:15:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Isn't China banning the exporting of vape products on 1 May? If so, you better buy now.
#6 (permalink)      3/21/2022 11:44:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 745
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos660
djvillan wrote:

Isn't China banning the exporting of vape products on 1 May? If so, you better buy now.

I read that as China is banning the exporting of vape items to countries where they are illegal rather than a global ban on all vape products. But buy now is definitely the safer option.

#7 (permalink)      3/21/2022 12:05:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
yeah, it's sucked ever since the US "banned" shipping...It's a wonder I get 10 packages a month! (sarcasm)

Packages don't have to list the contents - it's practically unenforceable on any real level. It's a "puppet" law, designed to appease, not be enforced.

We(I) will continue to do my thing...my suggestion? join some juice/mod/atty FB private groups, where shipping is discrete and cheap!
#8 (permalink)      3/21/2022 12:15:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 331
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos189
carrion4worm wrote:

with FT not keeping stock of most items, I'm afraid the idea of a "warning" is redundant, and not likely to be be very effective, honestly.

Yep, that's what I afraid of, that Annie's or Geek's answer wouldbe something like this, Glad to say you all for it

djvillan wrote:

I still ignoring these news, I don't think it'll be anything serious... you probably misread something.

#9 (permalink)      3/21/2022 11:36:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Hate to say it, but with clones it's a "buy now" situation...

This is in fact a very accurate description of how things are right now.

While the idea of a discontinue-alert is very interesting, it's unlikely we can make it happen in a meaningful way. In most cases, we are only notified a few days ahead of "last call" dates, and for products that use upstream inventory but have no pending orders, there is often no warning at all.

RattyRat wrote:

Also more annoyingly, recently most of my tickets were about items that I Could order but got discontinued out of nowhere so I had to cancel them... Not a big deal since they were only some cheap drip tips, but yes a bit of an annoyance.

I agree this is very annoying. I am checking with the team on how often this happens and why. I will report back here shortly.

Edited on 3/22/2022 at 9:18 AM. Reason:
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.