I need a good flashlight for night delivery
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/12/2019 1:45:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bmwchubb
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 174
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos58
+1 details
I need a good flashlight for night delivery
I need a good flashlight for night delivery .
Its got to be zoom able so I can see door numbers from my van.
#2 (permalink)      10/12/2019 3:33:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 3584
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos3367
+1 details
Cheap - SKU 4997600 zoom, bright, 18650 battery and small for a pocket.

Edited on 10/12/2019 at 3:33 PM. Reason:
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#3 (permalink)      10/13/2019 10:48:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+2 details
If you want a much better quality light at a very good price, check out SKU 3398408. Convoy makes good lights, and unless you're looking at addresses from extreme distances, you shouldn't need a zoom at all. I have a few C8s and can easily see addresses across the street from my garage which is a total distance of about 40m. They will throw some light out to 100m or so. Plus it will be a whole lot brighter than the one shown above, and probably much more reliable. It's bigger, but if you're constantly checking addresses, you probably don't keep it in your pocket anyway.

I've had Convoy lights for about 4 years (a few even more) and never had a problem with any of them. Even one that has rolled off the table, or nightstand, on to a hard tiled floor dozens of times but still works like new.

Whatever you buy, use BLF code for 5% discount on flashlights/parts, batteries or chargers. That code is always valid.
I just need one more flashlight. Just one. Honestly. :D
#4 (permalink)      10/13/2019 3:04:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bmwchubb
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 174
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos58
+1 details
airbagz wrote:

If you want a much better quality light at a very good price, check out SKU 3398408. Convoy makes good lights, and unless you're looking at addresses from extreme distances, you shouldn't need a zoom at all. I have a few C8s and can easily see addresses across the street from my garage which is a total distance of about 40m. They will throw some light out to 100m or so. Plus it will be a whole lot brighter than the one shown above, and probably much more reliable. It's bigger, but if you're constantly checking addresses, you probably don't keep it in your pocket anyway.

I've had Convoy lights for about 4 years (a few even more) and never had a problem with any of them. Even one that has rolled off the table, or nightstand, on to a hard tiled floor dozens of times but still works like new.

Whatever you buy, use BLF code for 5% discount on flashlights/parts, batteries or chargers. That code is always valid.

upto 25 metres ,so I can see door numbers and not light up the whole street

#5 (permalink)      10/13/2019 3:47:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+2 details
The video below should give you a very good idea of the beam on the 1 I linked to. There may be very small differences if the LED is different, but not much. You can skip to 3:15 to see it at night.

Forgot to say that if that's too bright you can go to mid mode which will be dimmer, but still probably enough for 25m.

Edited on 10/13/2019 at 3:53 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      10/13/2019 3:52:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26823
+1 details
I find zoom to be indispensable in certain situations. It is useful anywhere where there is bright or reflective surfaces between you and your subject. Try going inside a 20 foot high, or more, industrial building and look at something small up in the trusses with and without zoom. The difference is night and day.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#7 (permalink)      10/13/2019 4:10:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

I find zoom to be indispensable in certain situations. It is useful anywhere where there is bright or reflective surfaces between you and your subject. Try going inside a 20 foot high, or more, industrial building and look at something small up in the trusses with and without zoom. The difference is night and day.

I'm not saying zooms are never useful, but cheap zooms like SKU 4997600 are often garbage and they usually project a square beam which is very often larger than the center beam on lights like the Convoy. And that zoom won't be anywhere near 1000lm. (Those are Chinese lm lol) Plus due to the movement from zooming, cheap ones aren't very water resistant if left in the rain or dropped in a puddle.

Edited on 10/13/2019 at 4:12 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      10/13/2019 4:12:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bmwchubb
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 174
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos58
+1 details
airbagz wrote:

The video below should give you a very good idea of the beam on the 1 I linked to. There may be very small differences if the LED is different, but not much. You can skip to 3:15 to see it at night.Forgot to say that if that's too bright you can go to mid mode which will be dimmer, but still probably enough for 25m.

Yes thats the one for me .Thank you airbagz for your time and help.

#9 (permalink)      10/13/2019 4:18:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+2 details
You're welcome. Glad I could help. :)

It's hard to go wrong with a Convoy. They make quality lights at very reasonable prices.
#10 (permalink)      10/13/2019 4:18:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26823
I've had 2 of the super cheap square zoom lights in my shop for a few years now. Those bronze coloured ones, I don't recall what they're called. One is used daily and the other is used maybe once a week. Both have been useful including the zoom.

The reason I mentioned an industrial building interior is a sprinkler inspector was by the other day and I used the zoom on one of those lights to show him the sprinkler heads in the ceiling. The cheap zooms excel at illuminating small things with visual noise in the way.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#11 (permalink)      10/13/2019 6:11:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+1 details
I've been less lucky with cheap zoom lights. Every one has been hugely over-rated regarding lm, has had the same square beam which still was too wide for any distance beyond 20m or so. They were all good for close up stuff though.

The only exception I've had experience with is a Coast HP1 which I got for about $8.00 on Am*z*n a few years ago. Small, nice round beam like a normal flashlight when zoomed out, but nice and wide for up close. 1XAA and bright enough for just about any normal uses, plus only 1 mode for those that don't need or want more than 1 mode. Probably not bright enough for the use needed here though.