Triangle tool bit....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      12/8/2021 9:26:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10973
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
And using these ghetto methods to remove the screws.... How do I put the screws back in?

I just remembered my buddy has the same knives, maybe he still has his bit.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#12 (permalink)      12/8/2021 2:11:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 209
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos128
+1 details
the rubber band prevent the flat-head from shearing the screw, so you get it back with the flathead and again tighten with the rubber band between flat-head bit and screw.

(Its the same method that can be used if you have a sheared Philips head screw, although you generally use a philips driver then)

But yes, getting the correct bit is always preferable...
#13 (permalink)      12/12/2021 7:58:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10973
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
I was informed and given permission to go steal the tool from my buddy... Smart ass kept it in 1 of the boxes the knifes came in. Lmao.

Il take photos for reference of what I'm talking about, when I go pick it up tomorrow. Il be getting pictures of the knife internals also because there are other inquiring minds about the OTF makeup.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#14 (permalink)      12/17/2021 3:48:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10973
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
Picture of the screw heads, and partially ghetto diy serrations lmao.

At some point I wanna attempt to redo\add more serrations and reprofile that side to a tanto.