shopping cart empty
Jesus said:
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/22/2020 8:25:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25358
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20437
LuckyLarry wrote:

So you prefer to believe in pure literature rather than the actual words written by a well educated disciple of Jesus?

I prefer to believe God's word... Scripture must always confirm itself, and the majority of sayings in the Gospel of Thomas cannot be confirmed anywhere else in Scripture... In fact they often contradict...

We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#12 (permalink)      3/22/2020 8:38:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 28651
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos22678
+1 details
LuckyLarry wrote:

The Gospel of Thomas was written during the life of Jesus. The “Bible” was not.

The Gospel of Thomas is believed to have been written between 60 and 140 AD.

None of the gospels were written during the time Jesus was supposed to have lived. There is, however, a timeline for every scholar because the evidence is so sparse. The charitable ones look something like this:

In the cold light of reason it looks like this.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're a fallacy impaired fool. You're simply not worthy of my attention, sorry about your luck.
#13 (permalink)      3/22/2020 8:49:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 28651
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos22678
You might want to ask yourself why a lifelong atheist knows this stuff and people that are revolving their lives around it don't.

Did you know Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were just names picked out of thin air because nobody had a clue who actually wrote them?

Edited on 3/22/2020 at 10:35 AM. Reason:
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're a fallacy impaired fool. You're simply not worthy of my attention, sorry about your luck.
#14 (permalink)      3/22/2020 8:56:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25358
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20437
Speaking of Jesus Said... Red Letters...

Enjoy...
We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#15 (permalink)      3/22/2020 9:02:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 28651
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos22678
As we can see from the timeline, what Jesus "said" is highly debatable. You can even debate whether he existed or not.

I believe he did exist because a lot of what he is supposed to have said is run-of-the-mill asshole cult leader "worship me" talk.
#16 (permalink)      3/22/2020 9:11:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LuckyLarry
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 1677
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos1178

These are the secret words, which the living Jesus spoke, and Didymus Judas Thomas wrote down.

Elucidation:

There are two reasons why the teachings were secret. The most important is that they go against all vested interests, knock over all holy houses and invalidate all things man consider to be true. The second might be that the disciples, because they did not really understand, considered it somewhat secret. They called Jesus "the living" only meaning he had risen from the dead (or he had freed himself from the world of shadows)

Your ego could be your greatest enemy.
#17 (permalink)      3/22/2020 9:21:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LuckyLarry
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 1677
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos1178
gph61 wrote:

You might want to ask yourself why a lifelong atheist knows this stuff and people that are revolving their life around it don't.Did you know Matthew, Mark, Luke and John we're just names picked out of thin air because nobody had a clue who actually wrote them?

Ditto.

#18 (permalink)      3/22/2020 9:23:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25358
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20437
LuckyLarry wrote:

These are the secret words, which the living Jesus spoke, and Didymus Judas Thomas wrote down.

Elucidation:

There are two reasons why the teachings were secret. The most important is that they go against all vested interests, knock over all holy houses and invalidate all things man consider to be true. The second might be that the disciples, because they did not really understand, considered it somewhat secret. They called Jesus "the living" only meaning he had risen from the dead (or he had freed himself from the world of shadows)

So Jesus told the whole world one thing and whispered another to just one man... Doesn't compute well with him coming to save the world... The very secret nature of the writings is one of the most compelling reasons to reject it... Jesus clearly spoke for all to understand... Again a righteous judge needs to make it clear... We will have no excuse...

#19 (permalink)      3/22/2020 9:33:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LuckyLarry
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 1677
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos1178
No, no Vapor, you’re making it up again. Jesus said it to all his disciples, it’s just that Thomas wrote it all down.

The second might be that the disciples, because they did not really understand, considered it somewhat secret.

#20 (permalink)      3/22/2020 9:36:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 9670
  • Reviews 248
  • Kudos6364
Jerimiah 11:11 is the only scripture in the book of "god" that holds any truth to life today.
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#21 (permalink)      3/22/2020 9:37:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 862
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1218
+2 details