shopping cart empty
A thread about anything but politics
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/21/2021 2:31:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8332
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos19495
+7 details
A thread about anything but politics
I like the idea of running, never could get into the physical act of actually doing it though. Trail running seems like it would be especially fun (and taxing).

Any runners out there?

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 4/26/2021 at 1:26 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      4/21/2021 2:36:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8332
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos19495
+6 details
I quit vaping last Friday, it's been significantly harder than I expected it to be, but I'm hanging in there.
#3 (permalink)      4/21/2021 2:42:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6515
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9587
+1 details
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Spam
#4 (permalink)      4/21/2021 3:02:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10973
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16941
+1 details
1) I don't know who Sheila might be. Not familiar with that spelling.

2) I don't get angry. Bored perhaps. You aren't the only one here that likes to engage me in order to get threads moving, whether in a positive or a negative manner.

3) It is not me reporting your threads. Nor do I bother to upvote, or downvote or whatever it is people do to vote on threads.

3) Agree. Backdoor troll thread. Time will prove that right or wrong.

4) That all said, Congratulations on your vaping cessation. Hope you are able to keep it up. That said, I would not be spending time on this forum or any vaping group if I wanted to quit.

5) More interesting than politics, how about telling us why you quit, what nic level you were at when you did and how you are doing.
#5 (permalink)      4/21/2021 4:00:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2472
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1294
$0.20 rebate earned+3 details
Great! What office will you be running for?

Sorry...
I know words...I have the best words.
#6 (permalink)      4/21/2021 7:19:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 5030
  • Reviews 132
  • Kudos5554
+3 details
TheAtl wrote:

I like the idea of running, never could get into the physical act of actually doing it though. Any runners out there?

I don't run but I ride an indoor recumbent bike 180 minutes per week. Lost about 50 pounds in the last couple years because of it. It's the best habit I ever got into. Still need to quit coffee and vaping though!

I'm not conceited, but god knows I have reason to be!
#7 (permalink)      4/21/2021 10:42:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4204
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos15681
+2 details
*laces up my merrell barefoot trail glove 4‘s
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#8 (permalink)      4/22/2021 6:18:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8332
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos19495
+1 details

Laced up and got out the door myself, that's usually the hard part. Took a tumble quite early on, so I'm walking extra slow today despite what my shoes claim.
#9 (permalink)      4/22/2021 9:23:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10973
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16941
Good on you, getting out the door to a new beginning.

Personally I hate running. Surrounded by tons of friends that run marathons yearly but for the life of me I don't see the attraction. I don't have that competitive spirit that needs to win, while they all do.

If you find you don't take to running, you should buy yourself a dog. As its main human, you would be forced to get outside and it would open up a new world for you.
Also get you out of your head which you spend far too much time in (you know that) and put your attention on something other than yourself and your thoughts.

As somewhat of a loner it would allow you to interact briefly with all sorts of different people, other than just your preferred groups, expand your world but at the same time not close enough that it will drain you or they will ask more of you than you are capable of giving.

I cant tell you how many people i interact with weekly that are TheAlt clones and we get along just fine as long as I don't allow them to get into politics with me and just do doggie talk. That said, I don't allow anyone to get political in discussions with me regardless of where they sit. 1-2 sentences and I move on quickly

Depending on the breed of dog, some are great runners and can run with you or some aren't and are better walkers.

I am outside walking anywhere between 5-7 hours daily. No idea of the km in all but most days by the end my feet almost hurt I have been on them so long and so far.
But without the dog to push me outside, I would be much lazier with or without this pandemic.

Personally, I believe you would be very good with a dog and in turn it would be very good for you.
#10 (permalink)      4/22/2021 9:30:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8332
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos19495
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

That said, I would not be spending time on this forum or any vaping group if I wanted to quit.

I haven't really been interested in the hobby aspect of vaping (gear and the like) in years, so no worries there. Butt plugs on the other hand...

how about telling us why you quit, what nic level you were at when you did and how you are doing.

Medical reasons. I was chain vaping 3, 6, and then 12mg before finally quitting. I usually mix in large batches, lately I couldn't be bothered so I was using whatever readymade liquid I had lying around until it was all empty, hence why I was upping the nicotine content not decreasing it towards the end there. I'm not the most organized guy to put it mildly.

#11 (permalink)      4/22/2021 9:55:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8332
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos19495
FoxVape wrote:

I don't run but I ride an indoor recumbent bike 180 minutes per week. Lost about 50 pounds in the last couple years because of it. It's the best habit I ever got into. Still need to quit coffee and vaping though!

That's impressive, well done! I've been moderately underweight most of my adult life. But then my thyroid went from very hyper to ever so slightly hypo and I gained about 25 pounds I think before my brain and appetite caught on (a matter of months). I still carry around a good chunk of it.