Vaccines: A Measured Response
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#531 (permalink)      7/27/2021 7:24:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11715
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos18044
Ible_ wrote:

Sadly the true story is that vaccine hesitancy is what's holding the world back

I won't disagree with the basics of that statement but I don't believe it is quite as simple as you maintain.

At my age I didn't question the vaccine but I am not sure how I would have felt vaccinating young children if I were a parent. I am glad I didn't have to concern myself with that issue.

It's never been the vaccine I have questioned for as a female, I took birth control pills for several decades despite the fear they could cause stroked but the whole BS process of how this was all handled from the very beginning.
I long felt enough wasn't done, or only half measures were undertaken and/or corporate interests were given far too much leeway while small businesses suffered greatly.

Too much inconsistent messaging along with politicizing this virus (on all sides) also contributed greatly.

Politicians saying one thing while hypocritically doing another. While under one of the longest lock downs in North America, daily flights coming in from India to Canada and a great deal of the time, months ago not being checked for symptoms, etc, etc, etc...the list is endless.

** Vaccine hesitancy: We will reach a point where even those most hesitant will need to comply.
I don't personally feel that those hesitant are dragging this out much longer than it would have done anyhow. It takes a long time to get it all done properly, hence, I don't personally harbour any negativity towards the unvaccinated although I myself would prefer not to have them in my home at this point in time.

I have spent almost 2 years in the outdoors 5-7 hours daily, all four seasons and have done all of my socializing in that manner only.
Even now as we have re-opened, I prefer to remain outside and don't have any issue going though another winter living in this manner.
I only miss my twice yearly visits to NYC.

Edited on 7/27/2021 at 7:31 PM. Reason:
#532 (permalink)      7/27/2021 8:05:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 13251
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos19949
Hmmm doesn't seem like politicization of the virus is a both side'ism here, considering states controlled by one side (GOP) have double the infection rate of the other (Dem).
"This woman is a coward and a liar. Her replies are so dim-witted its sad."
#533 (permalink)      7/27/2021 9:11:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11715
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos18044
Sighs.

Travelling around the world either on a British or Canadian passport, I learned very early how despised the typical American tourist is.

I take back what I suggested earlier Javyn. Don't leave the US ever. You wouldn't fare well. There is a large world out there yet yours is incredibly small.
#534 (permalink)      7/27/2021 9:48:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 13251
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos19949
Blah blah blah, deflect deflect deflect.

Edited on 7/27/2021 at 9:49 PM. Reason:
#535 (permalink)      7/28/2021 2:16:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Trolling
  • JoinedJul 2021
  • Posts 197
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos84
+2 details
javyn - when you accept only half of the information posted here ofcourse users here are posting only lies, from your point of view.

I say - Today will be rain and storm, but after 12 will be sunny and clear.

javyn - posting after 12 - This is false information!!!!!!!!! "Today will be rain and storm" It's sunny here, no storm.
Where is other half of information?

You take only what plausible for you, you're a bigger troll than me.

Edited on 7/28/2021 at 2:17 AM. Reason:
#536 (permalink)      7/28/2021 5:08:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 13251
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos19949
That makes no sense whatsoever, but, congrats on stringing several words together to make sentences, I guess.

I will say this, if antivaxx conspiracy theorists (Republicans) cause another lockdown by their stupidity, only vaccinated people should receive the next round of stimulus. Let's make personal responsibility mean something again!

Edited on 7/28/2021 at 7:59 AM. Reason:
#537 (permalink)      7/28/2021 5:35:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Trolling
  • JoinedJul 2021
  • Posts 197
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos84
+2 details
I hope you realize that not all people are living in that shithole called USA.
#538 (permalink)      7/28/2021 6:18:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 13251
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos19949
Wow there's other countries in the world? I had no idea!

#539 (permalink)      7/28/2021 7:57:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 13251
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos19949
The big brains are trying so hard. It's cute. There, I found some international anti-vax stupidity, happy now?

So, back to the domestic effort to improve public health:

Edited on 7/28/2021 at 9:41 AM. Reason:
#540 (permalink)      7/28/2021 11:02:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 3228
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos3276
javyn wrote:

The big brains are trying so hard. It's cute. There, I found some international anti-vax stupidity, happy now?
So, back to the domestic effort to improve public health:

Stop posting fakes news!

Edited on 7/28/2021 at 11:17 AM. Reason:
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#541 (permalink)      7/28/2021 11:19:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 3228
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos3276
Minnesota medical worker has both of her legs AMPUTATED after contracting COVID-19 just days after receiving her second vaccine dose Jummai Nache, from Minneapolis, Minnesota, received the second dose of her COVID-19 vaccine on February 1 Days later, she felt chest pains and was rushed to the hospital, where she tested positive for the virus Doctors diagnosed her with arterial blood clots multiple inflammatory syndrome (MIS), a condition where multiple organs in the body become inflamed. Jummai's health rapidly deteriorated and she had to have of her legs amputated Medical experts are unsure whether the vaccine caused her complications, while her husband searches for answers Jummai will soon need her hands amputated as well, though her heart has fully recovered

Yep, right, the vaccine got nothing to do with this complications.
Indeed, anyone can see that, even the toddlers.

Edited on 7/28/2021 at 11:25 AM. Reason:
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.