Voltage dropping super low when load is connected.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#81 (permalink)      5/16/2022 6:43:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 502
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos256
+4 details
@geek :

Hi there
This thread has nothing to do with the title topic (electronics???) or with FT and I find it reflects really badly on FT and the forum where 99% of the threads are now good and useful (thanks to your intervention some months back). I’m really disturbed by the fact that this thread is keeping top rank on the forum, and it gives a bad image.
Would you consider re-labelling it as “off topic” or “pissing contest” just to get it out of the way?
I don’t know if that’s at all possible or in line with your moderation policy, but it would be nice if people coming to the forum start with the useful stuff instead of the useless.
your help will be widely appreciated
#82 (permalink)      5/16/2022 6:54:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
I agree with Gigirat, but more importantly, One user is repeatedly breaking the terms of use by repeatedly name-calling, turning what was once a discussion into well, what Gigirat above said.

Some users here fit in by helping others, posting photos, etc, and some stick around to antagonize- read the last few pages, and judge yourself!

But, and this is a BIG BUT, so many threads are changed into off-0topic discussions by the usual suspects that there won't be many threads left! lol, sad, but true!
What does he mean when he says words?
#83 (permalink)      5/16/2022 8:58:43 AM US Central  
NasalStone
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMay 2022
  • Posts 32
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9
Message removed by a moderator (SPAM)
schlambambers
#84 (permalink)      5/16/2022 9:56:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
+2 details
This thread has become way above my pay scale. But, if the point of contention is "potential users" of this site being put off by being labled as spammers then...

The OP turned out to be exactly what Skeeeets predicted, a spammer and how bout all the "potential users" who fell into the web? Once they discovered that they were being duped how do they now feel about FT Forum?

I happened to have agreed with Skeeeets initial assessment because well, he has sussed out many other spam threads and it looked suspicious. I understand C4Ws concern but as the thread unfolded he refused to acknowledge the veracity of Skeeeets prediction and exacerbated arguement...by calling names.

The "name calling" started with the term "gatekeeper", to be fair, inoccuous enough. Then escalated into "arrogance" which brought out C4Ws nastiness...."vagina for a mouth" if I recall correctly along with other slurs.

If it is C4Ws intent to protect this forum from pollutions like offending potential users then how does his retaliation for perceived insult accomplish that intent?

Like I said, way above my pay scale.....
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#85 (permalink)      5/16/2022 12:24:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10966
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
+1 details
They already rang the doorbell and ran.

It's probably best we stop screaming on the front lawn, the neighbors might hear. Maybe check on the other(5?) houses that got that night a few hours apart, it's a serial ditcher!
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#86 (permalink)      5/16/2022 2:08:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
finchalex
  • JoinedMay 2022
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
I’m running into is one side of my symmetrical circuit is dropping to .6V when the load from the tube is applied.
Using the same tube on the other side this does not happen.

I have 2 NO reed switches that when activated flick on a mosfet 2N7000 closing the circuit. I’d did not incorporate pull down resistors at first but I have some new PCBs coming in today that do have them.

I’ve tried different reed switches and new mosfets and nothing really seems to work.
Please let me know what suggestions you may have.

Mod (lydia) edited on 5/16/2022 at 10:40 PM (adevertisment link deleted)
#87 (permalink)      5/16/2022 4:32:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 744
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos657
+3 details
finchalex wrote:

I’m running into is one side of my symmetrical circuit is dropping to .6V when the load from the tube is applied.
Using the same tube on the other side this does not happen.

I have 2 NO reed switches that when activated flick on a mosfet 2N7000 closing the circuit. I’d did not incorporate pull down resistors at first but I have some new PCBs coming in today that do have them.

I’ve tried different reed switches and new mosfets and nothing really seems to work.
Please let me know what suggestions you may have.

custom bottled water

I suggest that if you are actually here to join the forum it would be great if you could stop spamming with shit links.

Alternatively - power it up, douse it with custom bottled water and then give it a big lick.

Edited on 5/16/2022 at 4:34 PM
#88 (permalink)      5/16/2022 5:11:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
+1 details
So good to have you back Crispy.
#89 (permalink)      5/16/2022 5:22:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 744
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos657
EternalSpline wrote:

So good to have you back Crispy.

Thanks.

I haven't actually left, it just seems most of recent content has been AIO/Boro or MTL related, and as neither are particularly my thing I haven't had much to contribute. I've been visiting frequently, but not staying long. I'm sure things will pick up for me when the current disposable/pod/AIO trend fizzles out.

#90 (permalink)      5/16/2022 5:54:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
Yeah I would love to see some great dual coil tanks coming out.

I grabbed the pulse AIO to play with to try and see what the hype is about with this kind of stuff.
#91 (permalink)      5/16/2022 9:28:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
$0.01 rebate earned+2 details
Skeeeets wrote:

They already rang the doorbell and ran.

Yep got me... I answered the door...

It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...