return problem
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/18/2017 1:32:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lil_buddy
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos9
+1 details
return problem
I ordered this replacement iPhone screen. The screen does not respond to touch, only the display function works. It is defective...
https://www.fasttech.com/p/5103301

It clearly states on the item page: "Return for refund within: 45 days (details)".

The details say:
"What is the Money Back Guarantee?
Not happy with a product? Return it to us.

You may return undamaged items to us postmarked within 45 calendar days of delivery. If the return is not a result of our error, customers will be required to cover shipping cost both ways. Please make sure the item is returned in the original condition, with the original packaging and accessories.

Please note that shipping and handling charges apply if returns are not results of FastTech's error."

The item was delivered to me on March 31 so I am well within the 45 day window. Isn't it an "error" to send someone a defective item?

This was the latest response to my ticket which is contradictory to the return policy stated on the item page:
"We feel regret that we cannot return the money to you as the gift certificate as per our company's policy. We can only arrange replacement after returning. You can refer to the following website:
https://support.fasttech.com/FAQ/standard-product-warranty.

Since you already bought the screen elsewhere, we can offer you about 15 usd partial refund as gift certificate, which is the most we can offer, is it Ok with you?"

I could have got an iphone screen on amazon or ebay for $20, but I gave ft a chance because I have been so pleased with everything I have ordered from them in the past and felt reassured by the "Money Back Guarantee" policy on this item. I've clearly been duped. Shame on you, fasttech. Will you decide to do the right thing?

And, no, I do not want a replacement because this screen did not have the camera and proximity sensor bezels glued in place and it clearly doesn't have oleophobic coating applied. That is not acceptable.

Edited on 4/18/2017 at 3:33 PM. Reason:
Answer
Anniepan
Staff |M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11421
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5944
Hello lil_buddy,

Sorry for the confusion.

Please kindly note that the 45 days money-back-guarantee applied to the item still in original condition and customer need to cover shipping fee both ways, please refer here for more details;

But the item you received is defective, so it applied to our standard 3 months warranty, which is different from the 45 days money-back-guarantee. Please refer here;

So there is no refund option in this case, we can only arrange replacement for it. Because you already ordered another screen, so please kindly return the item, then you can replace other items you want.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 4/19/2017 at 3:16 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      4/18/2017 2:31:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
+1 details
They will always try to offer you the least that they can but if it truly is broken, you just need to be firm, straight to the point so they understand you, and patient.

I have only returned 3 items that were faulty.
In 2 of the 3 cases, there was a great fault with a particular run of a product and I was not the only one with the complaint.
Each time I was sent a different atomizer of my choice.
If there was a small difference in price, I just had them take out the balance from a GC sitting in my account.

Perhaps you could ask for a gift certificate?
Not sure how that would work.
Someone else would have to chime in as i never set out to get refunded for my returns...

Be patient, dont lose your temper and just tell them it is not acceptable as is.

Edited on 4/18/2017 at 2:32 PM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#3 (permalink)      4/18/2017 5:07:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5942
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2678
There are 2 scenarios that normally would apply but with different resolutions per the FAQ's listed at top of the page and copied below...and you voided them when U took it upon yourself to replace the screen, so FT doesn't have to do anything...

Also the Money Back Guarantee policy is for... You may return undamaged items to us postmarked within 45 calendar days of delivery....U are claiming it was damaged, NOT undamaged..so this NEVER applied.

And now only one of these below possibly could apply, because you went and fixed it yourself, never showed proof of damages, and never requested an RMA within 5 days and did not adhere to FT's policy regarding Damaged/Defective products ..BUT since you also never showed proof of the defective screen, glue and whatever else you claim, and again, U went and replaced the glass yourself, then FT is no longer is responsible for any of your claims..U are lucky they are offering you anything..

These NORMALLY apply unless you don't follow FT warranty and assurance policies..

1..it arrived Defective from FT

2...it became Defective AFTER you received it

Assurance

1. Do products come with warranties?

Unless otherwise noted on the product page, product warranty is 6 months counted from the date of initial shipment of order.

•Within 3 months after initial shipment of order: ..this is what MAY apply to you now
Upon returning, defective items are replaced and shipped back to customers for free. Return shipping reimbursement is USD 40 or 50% of the item's price, whichever is lower.

•3 to 6 months after initial shipment of order:
Upon returning, defective items are replaced and shipped back to customers for free. Return shipping reimbursement is unavailable.

•Afterwards:
Customers may still send defective items back to FastTech. FastTech passes those items back to their manufacturers and helps coordinating the repair. Customers are responsible for shipping charges both ways.

Depending on the problem, fees may be assessed by the manufacturers. FastTech will contact customers before committing the repairs.

Parts not covered by standard warranties
1.Consumables including but not limited to ink, depletion of disposable or primary batteries, etc.
2.Parts naturally exposed to tear and wear including but not limited to screen protectors, cases, etc.
3.Damages or degradation caused by improper operations including but not limited to torn cables, blown fuses, bricks due to installation of custom firmwares, etc.
4.Some type of products such as tablets and phones will be repaired instead of replaced.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. How do you handle defective on arrival / DOA (dead on arrival) orders?

FastTech guarantees safe delivery of your orders. We exchange all damaged items. FastTech covers all return shipping charges.

Contact us for a RMA, within 5 days of delivery, and ship products back via the least expensive method.

Edited on 4/18/2017 at 5:40 PM. Reason:
US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#4 (permalink)      4/18/2017 6:25:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lil_buddy
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos9
Nothing you said makes any sense if you have a basic understanding of English words.

The screen is not damaged, it's defective. It came perfectly boxed up and not a scratch on it. I sent the *evidence* via video to fasttech of the DEFECT in action - so your statement "you also never showed proof of the defective screen" is completely wrong.

Also, here's another thing you are wrong about and completely fabricated: I did not repair the screen yet. The DEFECTIVE ft screen is still on the phone. I simply ordered a screen elsewhere (for half the price and real, non-wishy washy return policy) because I do not want another one of these crappy screens. I haven't even received the new one yet. I can't remove the screen right now because the sub-par pentalobe screwdriver that came with the kit already stripped.

thill1951 wrote:

There are 2 scenarios that normally would apply but with different resolutions per the FAQ's listed at top of the page and copied below...and you voided them when U took it upon yourself to replace the screen, so FT doesn't have to do anything...Also the Money Back Guarantee policy is for... You may return undamaged items to us postmarked within 45 calendar days of delivery....U are claiming it was damaged, NOT undamaged..so this NEVER applied.And now only one of these below possibly could apply, because you went and fixed it yourself, never showed proof of damages, and never requested an RMA within 5 days and did not adhere to FT's policy regarding Damaged/Defective products ..BUT since you also never showed proof of the defective screen, glue and whatever else you claim, and again, U went and replaced the glass yourself, then FT is no longer is responsible for any of your claims..U are lucky they are offering you anything..These NORMALLY apply unless you don't follow FT warranty and assurance policies..1..it arrived Defective from FT2...it became Defective AFTER you received itAssurance 1. Do products come with warranties? Unless otherwise noted on the product page, product warranty is 6 months counted from the date of initial shipment of order.•Within 3 months after initial shipment of order: ..this is what MAY apply to you now Upon returning, defective items are replaced and shipped back to customers for free. Return shipping reimbursement is USD 40 or 50% of the item's price, whichever is lower.•3 to 6 months after initial shipment of order: Upon returning, defective items are replaced and shipped back to customers for free. Return shipping reimbursement is unavailable.•Afterwards: Customers may still send defective items back to FastTech. FastTech passes those items back to their manufacturers and helps coordinating the repair. Customers are responsible for shipping charges both ways. Depending on the problem, fees may be assessed by the manufacturers. FastTech will contact customers before committing the repairs.Parts not covered by standard warranties1.Consumables including but not limited to ink, depletion of disposable or primary batteries, etc.2.Parts naturally exposed to tear and wear including but not limited to screen protectors, cases, etc.3.Damages or degradation caused by improper operations including but not limited to torn cables, blown fuses, bricks due to installation of custom firmwares, etc.4.Some type of products such as tablets and phones will be repaired instead of replaced.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2. How do you handle defective on arrival / DOA (dead on arrival) orders? FastTech guarantees safe delivery of your orders. We exchange all damaged items. FastTech covers all return shipping charges.Contact us for a RMA, within 5 days of delivery, and ship products back via the least expensive method.

Edited on 4/18/2017 at 6:28 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      4/18/2017 6:47:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5942
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2678
Then learn how to post facts and follow the FT return policy...moron...if it was DEFECTIVE upon arrival and U could read ENGLISH and the FAQ's, then you wouldn't be here whining like a schoolgirl...

and you are the one who is quoting an Undamaged 45 day warranty, but U say its NOT damaged...yer a fkn idiot!

all U had to do was open a ticket and request an RMA within 5 days ..but U didn't so now U are sucking wind ..and whining and still pissing and moaning....U should read policy before U whine and complain like a lil girl...and READ the right policy that applied to you...

BTW, NOBODY duped you but your own ignorance..and that's what ignorant people do, blame others for their own stupidity..

Edited on 4/18/2017 at 6:57 PM. Reason:
US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#6 (permalink)      4/18/2017 7:11:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lil_buddy
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos9
thill1951 wrote:

Then learn how to post facts and follow the FT return policy...moron...if it was DEFECTIVE upon arrival and U could read ENGLISH and the FAQ's, then you wouldn't be here whining like a schoolgirl...and you are the one who is quoting an Undamaged 45 day warranty, but U say its NOT damaged...yer a fkn idiot! all U had to do was open a ticket and request an RMA within 5 days ..but U didn't so now U are sucking wind ..and whining and still pissing and moaning....U should read policy before U whine and complain like a lil girl...and READ the right policy that applied to you...BTW, NOBODY duped you but your own ignorance..and that's what ignorant people do, blame others for their own stupidity..

Dummy, I opened a ticket. I literally said that in my first post. That's what I quoted. Learn how to read or don't bother posting your worthless nonsense.

I'd much rather communicate with schoolgirls than a vile monster like you who can't tell the difference between reality and the garbage your tiny brain conjures.

Off you go, phoney troll.

#7 (permalink)      4/19/2017 3:15:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11421
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5944
+3 details
Hello lil_buddy,

Sorry for the confusion.

Please kindly note that the 45 days money-back-guarantee applied to the item still in original condition and customer need to cover shipping fee both ways, please refer here for more details;

But the item you received is defective, so it applied to our standard 3 months warranty, which is different from the 45 days money-back-guarantee. Please refer here;

So there is no refund option in this case, we can only arrange replacement for it. Because you already ordered another screen, so please kindly return the item, then you can replace other items you want.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 4/19/2017 at 3:16 AM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      4/19/2017 11:42:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lil_buddy
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos9
+1 details
Sorry? I am sorry that I trusted FT.

It seems to me that FT has at least 3 different pages with warranty/return policies which contradict each other and then FT arbitrarily chooses which one to follow - the one that serves FT best.

The original condition was defective - that's how it was manufactured. It was not once in perfect working order and then damaged such that it was no longer perfect.

On your FAQ link, the very first words are ****Unless otherwise noted on the product page****. It was noted on the product page that there is a 45 day money back guarantee which supersedes anything on your FAQ, according to those words.

I would thank you for understanding, but that might come off as phony and/or passive aggressive.
#9 (permalink)      4/19/2017 6:07:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3167
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3240
lil_buddy, I've had to return a couple things over the years. Basically, if your item is broken or defective, you must open a ticket within 3 days of receiving it. Don't worry about when FT replies to your ticket, even if it's 3 days or a post-holiday week later, just worry about when you open the ticket, it will be dated.

If it's something you can take a picture of, you'll need a picture or pictures. If it's something better displayed with video, like yours probably is, then take your phone or other camera and get a little footage, showing you touching the screen and the lack of response.

I would personally upload it to youtube and post the link in the ticket post. I would set my youtube upload to private so no one can see it except those who have the URL to it. I've had to do this with defective products I've bought through fleabay. There was a bit of a learning curve learning to upload to youtube but it posted without problems just as I'd hoped.

After FT assesses the issue they may give you a return address (for me it is in Miami, FL), an RMA (return merchandise authorization number) and instructions to purchase the lowest price shipping available (eg First Class as opposed to Priority Mail). I purchased my return postage from paypal, using the multi-shipping feature. It is discounted, that is, costs less than if you travel to the post office and pay, and it comes with free tracking (so does the post office now, comes with free tracking).

I printed my shipping label onto plain paper, and used glue and shipping tape to secure it to my mailer and off it went. (have my own little gr/oz/lb small scale for weight input).

That method is good for items weighing less than a pound. You can stick them right into your mailbox for the mailman to pick up or drop it in a blue box.

The items I returned were relatively inexpensive.

I want to say I hope it helps but I know it does not help now, but may help you or someone in the future, so is written with that in mind, for reference.

Ah, guess I should add that I was able to use the tracking number to see when my return was delivered in Miami, and not long after, I received a refund and reimbursement for the return shipping (I opted to take that in a gift certificate but was given the choice).

Edited on 4/19/2017 at 6:33 PM. Reason: information
Ko
#10 (permalink)      4/19/2017 6:31:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lil_buddy
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos9
It's obvious I am going to get screwed on this and ordering an item like this from fasttech was a horrible idea. I hope no one else makes the same mistake I did.

I'm simply never ordering anything that costs more than $15 from here again. The savings on brand name mods aren't that great to be worth this amount of aggravation; that's what I'd be ordering next if this whole thing hadn't occurred.
#11 (permalink)      4/19/2017 6:39:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3167
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3240
lil_buddy, it's just like fleabay or ae... they have policies. I lost money once in the past for not knowing the terms and not making a buyer protection claim in time (at fleabay).

It's a matter of learning-the-hard-way, and thereafter thoroughly acquainting oneself with the policy, the time limits, the procedure, etc.

Best of luck.

Edited on 4/19/2017 at 6:44 PM. Reason: ok good
Ko