return problem
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:29:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3167
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3240
I don't blame you for hurting, I would be too. The return could have been for a refund. You needed to look for the policy that applied to your situation, a damaged product. You can see that the "not happy with a product" applies to undamaged items. Your item was defective. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to comprehend its meaning.

You think I don't feel for you, but you're so wrong. I would be burning now if I had suffered the loss. I do know the feeling.

But I also know business.

Just like a courtroom. A judge looks at the contract. If you didn't see or understand the details, the judge is not going to side with you, it's just business.
Ko
#22 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:31:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lil_buddy
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos9
I requested an RMA twice and have yet to receive one.

I actually have this thing called a conscience and would not sell a screen from FT to anyone most especially at the price they are selling it at. What a demented suggestion.
#23 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:33:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3167
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3240
ShelaghStone wrote:

Not sure what to tell you Lil Buddy but shopping in China can be a bit of a crap shoot.If it were me I would try to have them give you a RMA code, send it back, they will return your shipping and perhaps take a similar, or other item, if possible, for the same price.Sell it online once you receive it and get your $$ back that way...Edit: Also, i use PayPal so if there are problems, I let them deal with it.

Also, to my knowledge, when FT gets those returned damaged products, they can send them back to the manufacturer for a product credit on a future order. No product? No credit. FT essentially is out of return postage (in situations that apply), postage to resend product, and the cost above wholesale cost of the product which the customer paid for purchasing from FT, if issuing a refund.

Edited on 4/19/2017 at 8:44 PM. Reason: word
Ko
#24 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:35:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3167
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3240
lil_buddy wrote:

I actually have this thing called a conscience and would not sell a screen from FT to anyone most especially at the price they are selling it at. What a demented suggestion.

She's trying to help you. Don't call her suggestion demented, Jesus. Sell it for what you paid for your new one if that's how you feel about it.

Ko
#25 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:36:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lil_buddy
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos9
etcetera wrote:

I don't blame you for hurting, I would be too. The return could have been for a refund. You needed to look for the policy that applied to your situation, a damaged product. You can see that the "not happy with a product" applies to undamaged items. Your item was defective. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to comprehend its meaning.

You think I don't feel for you, but you're so wrong. I would be burning now if I had suffered the loss. I do know the feeling.

But I also know business.

Just like a courtroom. A judge looks at the contract. If you didn't see or understand the details, the judge is not going to side with you, it's just business.

Actually, you are wrong. A judge can rule that the contract was not written in good faith or poorly written. In this case, a paypal dispute mediator can act as the judge. Paypal advises sellers to state return policies very clearly to avoid this.

#26 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:41:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lil_buddy
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos9
etcetera wrote:

lil_buddy wrote:

She's trying to help you. Don't call her suggestion demented, Jesus. Sell it for what you paid for your new one if that's how you feel about it.

Jesus? I'm sure he would encourage people to try to pawn off defective merchandise on unsuspecting people.

It takes craven thieves to defend craven thieves.

#27 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:47:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3167
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3240
I thought she was referring to a replacement FastTech might send you, not the defective product. Am I that dense? Maybe I read things wrong, think I'll revisit the relevent posts that gave me the idea that you could possibly, yet, get a replacement.
Ko
#28 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:49:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3167
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3240
+1 details
Anniepan wrote:

Hello lil_buddy,Sorry for the confusion.Please kindly note that the 45 days money-back-guarantee applied to the item still in original condition and customer need to cover shipping fee both ways, please refer here for more details;But the item you received is defective, so it applied to our standard 3 months warranty, which is different from the 45 days money-back-guarantee. Please refer here;So there is no refund option in this case, we can only arrange replacement for it. Because you already ordered another screen, so please kindly return the item, then you can replace other items you want. Thank you for your understanding.

Oh, I don't know where I got the idea. My bad.

Doh.

Ko
#29 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:51:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3167
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3240
ShelaghStone wrote:

Not sure what to tell you Lil Buddy but shopping in China can be a bit of a crap shoot.If it were me I would try to have them give you a RMA code, send it back, they will return your shipping and perhaps take a similar, or other item, if possible, for the same price.Sell it online once you receive it and get your $$ back that way...Edit: Also, i use PayPal so if there are problems, I let them deal with it.

And why would she be advising you to get an RMA code and send it back in the same post where she is advising you to sell it (Doh, the replacement!).

Twist much?

Edited on 4/19/2017 at 8:51 PM. Reason: doh doh doh
Ko
#30 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:53:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lil_buddy
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos9
Along with being defective, the screen was missing parts it should have had and was overpriced. Now what kind of person would try to sell the replacement?
#31 (permalink)      4/19/2017 8:54:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3167
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3240
+1 details
You're hopeless. You have come-backs a plenty but it's all bullshit...

Wish you well.

Edited on 4/19/2017 at 8:55 PM. Reason:
Ko