shopping cart empty
Paypal broken!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/12/2020 5:36:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Froese
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 166
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos115
Paypal broken!
I'm trying to order something but payment by Paypal does not work!

On my old trusty Opera, the payment options for Paypal are missing - on the Console I see an error "Unhandled Error: Undefined variable paypal".

Switching to Firefox (admitted, not the newest), the buttons come up, I can press the top one (Paypal Checkout), the small Paypal window pops up, circle is spinning and then the window vanishes. In the Console I see the error "Error: expected an order id to be passed".

Are you going to fix this? And No, I won't install a new browser or buy a more modern device ...

Edited on 9/12/2020 at 5:37 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      9/12/2020 5:58:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Overvaper
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 173
  • Reviews 210
  • Kudos148
+3 details
I've had the same problem with my old Firefox. I can't install Chrome as my computer is too antiquated. The fix I used is to pay on the mobile site (m.fasttech.com)- works ok for paypal, but still the credit card option is unavailable though.
#3 (permalink)      9/12/2020 8:21:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6892
  • Reviews 263
  • Kudos3975
Another Chinese retailer has just posted that Paypal has stopped allowing Chinese vendors from using paypal for vape/ecigarette sales. This might be what is happening. Let's wait and see.
FT coupons that are still valid: BLF, DEALS, PRICECONTROL, FASTTECH, MAP. Try them all to see if any works for you.
#4 (permalink)      9/12/2020 10:02:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Froese
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 166
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos115

The fix I used is to pay on the mobile site (m.fasttech.com)- works ok for paypal,

Indeed, that works. Thanks.

Another Chinese retailer has just posted that Paypal has stopped allowing Chinese vendors from using paypal for vape/ecigarette sales. This might be what is happening.

No, it's just broken Javascript code.

#5 (permalink)      9/12/2020 10:09:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6892
  • Reviews 263
  • Kudos3975
UR right, in that it's not a paypal suspension issue.

I tested it and it works for me just fine (regular site, not mobile).

Many people come here claiming checkout doesn't work. Some of them figured out that it was a local problem.

The last person I remember who came here saying they could not checkout simply restarted their device and it worked after that.

Edited on 9/12/2020 at 10:11 PM. Reason:
FT coupons that are still valid: BLF, DEALS, PRICECONTROL, FASTTECH, MAP. Try them all to see if any works for you.
#6 (permalink)      9/12/2020 10:39:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Froese
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 166
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos115

I tested it and it works for me just fine

Fine. Then you're probably using the newest version of Chrome/Safari/Firefox - but on the two browsers available to me it does not.

Many people come here claiming checkout doesn't work.

Yeah, because it *is* broken. See: the code on the mobile site does work, the one on the regular site does not - same browser, same session. It's that easy, don't blame the customer ...

#7 (permalink)      9/12/2020 11:44:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6892
  • Reviews 263
  • Kudos3975
If you think you can impart America/Western customer service ideology and practices on Chinese retailers, I have a bridge to sell you...cheap.
#8 (permalink)      9/13/2020 1:58:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1633
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1263
Froese wrote:

I'm trying to order something but payment by Paypal does not work!

On my old trusty Opera, the payment options for Paypal are missing - on the Console I see an error "Unhandled Error: Undefined variable paypal".

Switching to Firefox (admitted, not the newest), the buttons come up, I can press the top one (Paypal Checkout), the small Paypal window pops up, circle is spinning and then the window vanishes.

You don't mention which operating system you're running. If you're using Windows XP, then I'm afraid it's a problem that's unresolvable.

FT updated their software this summer, and unfortunately, it made the payment section of their site incompatible with an XP and Firefox combination.

#9 (permalink)      9/13/2020 2:49:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Charlygal
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 969
  • Reviews 638
  • Kudos1254
PayPal works for me on chrome and safari
M2mm x 3mm or 4mm - M2.5mmm x 3 or 4mm - M3mm x 3 or 4mm screws /grubs etc for new vapers will be invaluable Embrace the vape
#10 (permalink)      9/13/2020 12:42:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2537
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1007
By the way, ungoogled Chromium is much more lightweight that Furryfaux
The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#11 (permalink)      9/14/2020 1:34:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 9925
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5279
+1 details
Hello Froese,

We see you have placed an order successfully, if you still have the problem, please feel free to contact us in ticket with error detail, we will do our best to help. Thank you.