New e-commerce EU VAT rules as of July 2021
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#61 (permalink)      11/13/2021 6:21:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cyberdad
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 42
  • Reviews 83
  • Kudos4
The VAT is ok.
Look at your invoice that will show the right amount.
In real you pay for shipping, even when it is called 'free shipping'.
#62 (permalink)      11/13/2021 6:44:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Karima26
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+1 details
Merci beaucoup pour vos précisions j'attends moi aussi ma commande j'hésite à repasser commande normalement j'ai toujours plusieurs commandes en cours mais si vous dites c'est bon on risque pas la douane car déjà payé même si sur l'emballage rien n'est indiqué sur la photo suis soulagée bonne journée les amis
#63 (permalink)      11/15/2021 12:18:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11362
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5909
cyberdad wrote:

The VAT is ok.
Look at your invoice that will show the right amount.
In real you pay for shipping, even when it is called 'free shipping'.

Hi, cyberdad, thank you for your feedback. Products requiring special handlings such as lithium batteries and liquids require specialized services and may cost extra depending on the shipping address. For more detail on free shipping, please kindly refer to Is shipping really FREE?

If you have other questions, feel free to contact us here or by service ticket. Our team is always at your disposal.

#64 (permalink)      11/15/2021 12:26:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11362
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5909
Karima26 wrote:

Merci beaucoup pour vos précisions j'attends moi aussi ma commande j'hésite à repasser commande normalement j'ai toujours plusieurs commandes en cours mais si vous dites c'est bon on risque pas la douane car déjà payé même si sur l'emballage rien n'est indiqué sur la photo suis soulagée bonne journée les amis

Hi, Karima26, the package is on the way to your address now, it may need another 2-3 weeks to arrive due to the ground shipping. You can place a new order if there is no problem with the delivery of the previous order. Thank you.

#65 (permalink)      11/16/2021 12:05:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mariokart
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 133
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos74
I am furious!

Tonight I had to pay taxes to La Poste for 2 orders although I already paid them to Fasttech (Opt-in to prepaid EU taxes box ticked).
Seriously, paying taxes twice, how is that possible?

Order E103075732 : 6€ of taxes at arrival, paid to "La Poste". See Ticket Q1116WDLPD
Order B103097643 : 4€ of taxes at arrival, paid to "La Poste". See Ticket Q1116NKGJW

Conclusion, Prepaid taxes don't work for FRANCE ! Be careful !
#66 (permalink)      11/16/2021 12:26:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Karima26
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Sérieux suis dégoûtée pour toi même si le montant est pas élevé j'ai peur du coup t'as demandé une facture o la la suis dégoûtée raconte nous la suite désolé du doublons

Edited on 11/16/2021 at 12:27 PM. Reason:
#67 (permalink)      11/16/2021 12:26:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Karima26
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Sérieux suis dégoûtée pour toi même si le montant est pas élevé j'ai peur du coup t'as demandé une facture o la la suis dégoûtée raconte nous la suite
#68 (permalink)      11/16/2021 12:54:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Colin_Bruxelles
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos0
mariokart wrote:

I am furious!

Tonight I had to pay taxes to La Poste for 2 orders although I already paid them to Fasttech (Opt-in to prepaid EU taxes box ticked).

Order E103075732 : 6€ of taxes at arrival, paid to "La Poste". See Ticket Q1116WDLPD
Order B103097643 : 4€ of taxes at arrival, paid to "La Poste". See Ticket Q1116NKGJW

Aille ...
Est ce que les taxes incluses dans tes commandes correspondaient bien à 20% de TVA ?
Quand je vois le calcul dans le panier, ils ne taxent que 10% au lieu des 21 pour la Belgique, en cas de contrôle, je l'aurai dans les fesses, du coup je ne commande pas !

#69 (permalink)      11/18/2021 2:30:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11362
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5909
mariokart wrote:

I am furious!

Hello mariokart,

We have replied to your issue in this thread. Please don't worry, we are working on it and checking the issue with our postal and tax agency now, we will refund the prepay tax to you if you are charged twice. Please kindly take a look at our ticket message when you are convenient. Thank you.

#70 (permalink)      1/26/2022 9:25:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 82
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos60
JR___ wrote:

mariokart wrote:
PLease Fasttech, includes VAT at the checkout, as aliexpress does !
I noticed AE only include VAT between 0 to 150€. If the order is higher than 150€ there’s no VAT included it’s up to you to contact the seller to create a declaration.
Because those orders could get more taxes and fees at importation if caught by customs.

Precisely, if the order is higher than 150€ the seller does not have to declare the VAT, and will not do it, the goods will be taxed at the importation in the EU member state!
See the last paragraph: "Some exceptions apply" at the bottom of the page on this link:
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/ioss_en#:~:text=The%20Import%20One-Stop%20Shop%20(IOSS)%20is%20the%20electronic,goods%20of%20a%20value%20up%20to%20EUR%2022.

A pessimist, is just an optimist who has gained experience ..!
#71 (permalink)      1/26/2022 10:10:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 82
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos60
airwinny wrote:

Good to see FT has at least understood what's going on now.

However, here's what you're missing:
When we receive a package, we'll be charged VAT plus an extra fee from the delivery company for collecting the VAT. If I place an order of $10, I'll be charged $2 (VAT which is fine) but also an extra 7-8$ from the delivery company. That literally doubles the price. This extra charge varies from country to country, anywhere between 6 and 20 dollars for every package.

Now, Galen, for your company's own good, it would be good to register with the EU, so that you can charge us the VAT during check-out. That'd save your EU customers the ridiculously high extra charge. Without that, there's really zero benefit of ordering products here, for any EU customer.

In France, for a 25€ parcel that I bought on another website, I had to pay 10€ of additional taxes to get it back from the post office, even though the VAT had been paid at the time of purchase!
On the other hand, if I had paid online on the post office tracking system, I would have paid 6€ less, so 4€! Unfortunately when I wanted to do it, it was too late, because the package was going to be delivered the same day!
So, in case this happens to you, have the good reflex, check early enough on the tracking of the post office of your country!
Fortunately the story ended well for me because the seller refunded me.

A pessimist, is just an optimist who has gained experience ..!