New e-commerce EU VAT rules as of July 2021
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#71 (permalink)      1/26/2022 10:10:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos76
airwinny wrote:

Good to see FT has at least understood what's going on now.

However, here's what you're missing:
When we receive a package, we'll be charged VAT plus an extra fee from the delivery company for collecting the VAT. If I place an order of $10, I'll be charged $2 (VAT which is fine) but also an extra 7-8$ from the delivery company. That literally doubles the price. This extra charge varies from country to country, anywhere between 6 and 20 dollars for every package.

Now, Galen, for your company's own good, it would be good to register with the EU, so that you can charge us the VAT during check-out. That'd save your EU customers the ridiculously high extra charge. Without that, there's really zero benefit of ordering products here, for any EU customer.

In France, for a 25€ parcel that I bought on another website, I had to pay 10€ of additional taxes to get it back from the post office, even though the VAT had been paid at the time of purchase!
On the other hand, if I had paid online on the post office tracking system, I would have paid 6€ less, so 4€! Unfortunately when I wanted to do it, it was too late, because the package was going to be delivered the same day!
So, in case this happens to you, have the good reflex, check early enough on the tracking of the post office of your country!
Fortunately the story ended well for me because the seller refunded me.

A pessimist, is just an optimist who has gained experience ..!
#72 (permalink)      1/26/2022 10:44:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos76
Tonycobweb wrote:

JR___ wrote:
mariokart wrote:
PLease Fasttech, includes VAT at the checkout, as aliexpress does !
I noticed AE only include VAT between 0 to 150€. If the order is higher than 150€ there’s no VAT included it’s up to you to contact the seller to create a declaration.
Because those orders could get more taxes and fees at importation if caught by customs.
Precisely, if the order is higher than 150€ the seller does not have to declare the VAT, and will not do it, the goods will be taxed at the importation in the EU member state!
See the last paragraph: "Some exceptions apply" at the bottom of the page on this link:
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/ioss_en#:~:text=The%20Import%20One-Stop%20Shop%20(IOSS)%20is%20the%20electronic,goods%20of%20a%20value%20up%20to%20EUR%2022.

Ps: If you want to read the page in your language in the link I gave, put the initials of your country before the # in the link address (example, for France: fr# )
This page may contain other information that may be of interest to you.

A pessimist, is just an optimist who has gained experience ..!