Pre-pay EU taxes is now possible in the checkout
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      11/18/2021 2:29:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11362
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5909
mariokart wrote:

I am furious!

Tonight I had to pay taxes to La Poste for 2 orders although I already paid them to Fasttech (Opt-in to prepaid EU taxes box ticked).
Seriously, paying taxes twice, how is that possible?

Order E103075732 : 6€ of taxes at arrival, paid to "La Poste". See Ticket Q1116WDLPD
Order B103097643 : 4€ of taxes at arrival, paid to "La Poste". See Ticket Q1116NKGJW

Conclusion, Prepaid taxes don't work for FRANCE ! Be careful !

Hello mariokart,

We have replied to your issue in this thread. Please don't worry, we are working on it and checking the issue with our postal and tax agency now, we will refund the prepay tax to you if you are charged twice. Please kindly take a look at our ticket message when you are convenient. Thank you.

#22 (permalink)      11/18/2021 1:40:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
oneroo
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
From the beginning I observed that this was going to happen, because I believe that 10% VAT does not exist in the EU in vaping products
#23 (permalink)      11/19/2021 1:14:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11362
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5909
oneroo wrote:

From the beginning I observed that this was going to happen, because I believe that 10% VAT does not exist in the EU in vaping products

Dear oneroo,

I have forwarded your feedback to our logistics department. We will negotiate a reasonable solution with our tax agent and post office as soon as possible to avoid the same problem.

To all of our customers, if you have any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to contact our customer service. Our team is always at your disposal.

Edited on 11/19/2021 at 1:16 AM. Reason: Update
#24 (permalink)      11/24/2021 7:57:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos60
+1 details
Hi @Anniepan,

I have a few suggestions regarding the new european VAT regulation.

I presume you have the possibility to know from which country people visiting your site are coming from, so here are some suggestions, in three points, that maybe you could implement:

1) When checking our shopping cart, we could have the details of the invoice, with its total cost, including VAT (depending on the destination country).

2) When finalising an order, rather than having to tick the choice to pay VAT, it would be the other way round, i.e. tick the choice not to pay VAT.

3) In the event that the person ticks the choice not to pay VAT, a link will appear reminding them of the risks involved.

With these provisions, the customer would avoid the risks in case of oversight, and would take responsibility for the options he has chosen.
I hope that my explanations have been clear enough, having used an online translator.

With kind regards.
A pessimist, is just an optimist who has gained experience ..!
#25 (permalink)      11/25/2021 5:48:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11362
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5909
+1 details
Dear Tonycobweb,

Thanks for your feedback. I have forwarded your information to our related departments, we will think about how we can improve.

To all of our members, have a wonderful day.
#26 (permalink)      1/26/2022 10:55:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
luis_alb85
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Not working for Spain. I have paid 2 times for order RV589210602CN
#27 (permalink)      1/26/2022 2:45:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos60
+1 details
Anniepan wrote:

Dear Tonycobweb,

Thanks for your feedback. I have forwarded your information to our related departments, we will think about how we can improve.

To all of our members, have a wonderful day.

@Anniepan
Hello,

After my message I placed another order on Fasttech which is still in transit (order D011373111), and I must admit that I am worried.

Recently I received a package from China that I had ordered on another site than yours. Under the price of the article (about 25€) there was the mention "VAT included", on the invoice the VAT had been paid, and yet I still had to pay the customs fees to get my parcel back, I don't understand why, and I didn't manage to get any explanations, neither from the post office nor from the customs! Fortunately the seller refunded me anyway.

The questions I have are the following:
- Did the sites located in China understand the process of this new customs regulation?
- Are the IOSS numbers properly declared to customs?
- Are the customs in Europe doing their job wrong, or are they doing it on purpose to discourage purchases in China? I don't understand anymore!

I admit that I am worried about the package I am waiting for, and for my future shopping projects!
I see from the message that followed mine, that this problem of customs also occurred in Spain!

I hope that you do what is necessary so that these problems of customs regulations are solved as soon as possible! Your interests are at stake, as well as ours, i.e. those of the European buyers!

Best regards.

#28 (permalink)      2/1/2022 5:03:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 209
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos128
+1 details
Tonycobweb: Keep bashing your postal service for explanation as i would guess that they must be able to give a proper explanation why they think a package that have paid vat isn't. And if they can't produce that information even in Spain that can't be legal right? (It's just plain extortion)

I had issues in Sweden and eventually got the information from Swedish postal service that they had to receive the IOSS information digitally before they received the package (stupid and probably not entirely legal, but then again legal fight with the postal service is bound to fail and getting them to change policy is a lot harder than just comply with their nuisances). I recon they have several nit picky loop holes like that to their use. But Since that was cleared i have received my orders without issue and hope it will continue like that.
#29 (permalink)      2/1/2022 11:57:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos60
Zarck, I have already sent a complaint to the post office after my last comment on the forum, asking them for explanations ... it's been a week already! I still haven't received an answer!

But as with all administrations, it is not always easy to be heard and to get answers, especially if they are at fault!

But I'm not going to let them go until I get an answer... when I think I'm in the right, I'm a real Pit Bull...!
#30 (permalink)      2/2/2022 2:17:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 209
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos128
Tonycobweb: Here comes local differences in place of course. But i found that being friendly is a good way, as the people that you will talk with are pretty much never the ones that done you wrong.
You should have answer in 24h or try again. Call/email/chat or what ever other ways are possible, you will most likely get a different person in every way and you want to find someone that care about his or hers job that actually care to help you get things straight.
Being irritated or angry can work in some situations, but most likely it will deter the person from helping. No one likes being pushed around, especially if they are not self at fault...
#31 (permalink)      2/2/2022 7:27:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos60
+1 details
Yes Zarck, I totally agree with you, I am never aggressive and I always remain polite with the people I contact, be it by email, phone or physically. I am aware that I am dealing with people who are just attendants who do what they can with the little means and time they have been given. My reference to the pit bull was for its tenacity, not for its aggressiveness! But I still thank you for your advice, I will continue to look for explanations. Bye.