shopping cart empty
Your main cellphone(s)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      6/1/2020 10:34:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
I just did the math, I bought the current one almost 3 years ago. I buy flagship models and they last about 3 or 4 years on average.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#22 (permalink)      6/1/2020 11:52:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10289
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6621
gph61 wrote:

.......I buy flagship models and they last about 3 or 4 years on average.

"Flagship" isnt realy descriptive.... all* new phones recently comeout are "Flagship" appreciated, except for cheap service phones/carriers.

Had the galaxy s6 since it was new. "Flagship" for its time and still a POS.

Fucking tablet phones are destroying the literal idea behind a phone.

In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#23 (permalink)      6/2/2020 12:11:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
By 'flagship' I mean Galaxy if it's a Samsung and not the cheaper models they produce for a fraction of the price. In my experience for every 'flagship' in a used phone store there's 2 or 3 similar looking cheaper models and the uninitiated might not know why.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#24 (permalink)      6/2/2020 12:36:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10289
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6621
Hmmmmm

Well this duraforce 2 is supposedly "military" grade for radiation and w/e. Its 2 years? Old. The youtube reviews from independent users have gone extreme lengths to fuck up the phone, none destroying the phone, but majoryity scratches and parts of the rubber being indented from the abuse(reason why it was designed with edges). 180$ refurbished, usually 230$~

So far the battery is good. Got home at 6, it was completly dead, took about an hour and 15 minutes to charge. Its been 5 hours now? And its at 95% still.

This phones funky to learn... it has 2 extra buttons in the sides i can dedicate to something. One button is supposed to be the walkie talkie button but it can be reassigned. I set it for the flashlight.

Edited on 6/2/2020 at 12:38 AM. Reason:
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#25 (permalink)      6/2/2020 12:46:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8372
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos30518
Skeeeets wrote:

Fucking tablet phones are destroying the literal idea behind a phone.

You'd hate my phones then.

My daily phone is a Xiaomi Mi Max 3, with a 7 inch screen. For my work I quite often have to randomly skim through Excel files, they're at least somewhat readable on a screen of that size.

My other phone, a Huawei Mate 10 Pro feels tiny in comparison with its minuscule 6 inch screen. It's my "do not disturb" phone, only my direct family and a few close friends have that number. It allows me to turn my other phone (with its constant flow of notifications) off from time to time and still be reachable in case of emergency.

#26 (permalink)      6/2/2020 7:53:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gotthedrips
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 3949
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos8744
+2 details
Still using my Motorola Razr from like 06...
There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant!
#27 (permalink)      6/2/2020 2:58:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3146
  • Reviews 302
  • Kudos5393
Still running Iphone 6s+ every day as personnel phone and never missed a beat in over 4 years. If i lost it tomorrow I think I would just get another

At the same time gone through 3 work Samsung's all developed faults so I have broken out a old Iphone S4 as a back up each time.

It lives in my draw next to my other brick ... a Nokia 3110 which has never died

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#28 (permalink)      6/2/2020 5:02:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10289
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6621
Alrighty. Deactivated the iphone and got the dureforce pro2 activated. Pain in the ass since the employee had no idea how to since the iphone doesnt have a sim card.... he had to call support and we sat there for a half hour while he had to go through all the automated bullshit to get a person on the phone. Lmao.

Now to swap all contacts....
#29 (permalink)      6/2/2020 5:23:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10289
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6621
#30 (permalink)      6/2/2020 6:00:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3938
  • Reviews 106
  • Kudos4456
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

Go to local computer stores and pawnshops, anywhere that sells used phones and get the best condition brand name phone you can get for what you want to spend. I've been buying like that since before smartphones. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy 7 edge that I paid about $300 US for a couple years ago.

Sounds good gph but given the current situation not sure I want to use a strangers cast-off. My best phones were my boy's aging I-phone and the wifes old Galaxy. The wife is a phone junkie, maybe I should go to work and persuade her she needs/deserves a new phone as she uses for work. I know she's thinking about upgrading but she hates the hassle.

#31 (permalink)      6/3/2020 1:32:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2537
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1010
+2 details
gph61 wrote:

I buy flagship models

gph61 wrote:

pawnshops, anywhere that sells used phones and get the best

The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.