[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Anyone's Parcel to UK ever been held in Langley HWDC for days before release?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/8/2021 5:40:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
myk333
  • JoinedNov 2020
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Anyone's Parcel to UK ever been held in Langley HWDC for days before release?
Usually when my parcels reach Langley they are processed and out the other end within 8 hours (usually a lot less).

However my parcel was tracking into Langley 3 days ago now "we've got it - Item received at Langley HWDC"

Since then no movement what so ever. I know there are no customs or duty to pay.

I can also see from other tracking from friends who also ordered that theirs fly's through Langley as usually despite arriving in Langley after mine...

Has anyone ever had this where by their parcel is held at Langley for DAYS and then randomly released days/weeks later (almost as if it was left on a pile somewhere forgotten?

Edited on 1/8/2021 at 6:20 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      1/8/2021 6:21:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4896
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos4837
+1 details
I have had a couple take 5 days to get through Langley. As you said most parcels fly through. It could be the post office hasn't sorted them yet.
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#3 (permalink)      1/8/2021 6:37:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
myk333
  • JoinedNov 2020
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
MotoBlue wrote:

I have had a couple take 5 days to get through Langley. As you said most parcels fly through. It could be the post office hasn't sorted them yet.

Thanks for the feedback. yea its really strange - when you say "the post office may not have sorted them yet" are you referring to the staff in Langley?

Also, the parcels that were released in 5 days, in your experience, did they require any duty to be paid or did they fly through without issue?

its worrying because there are several posts on twitter, reddit and other boards with people saying their parcel was checked into Langley for weeks since December and as yet has not moved...

Its so frustrating as there is no time scale on the matter.

Edited on 1/8/2021 at 6:38 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      1/8/2021 6:59:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4896
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos4837
I was referring to the post office sorting office directly after leaving Langley. From memory we don't get an update saying 'has left Langley'. Isn't the next update after the post office has sorted it - 'we have it and are sending it to its destination'.

I stand corrected

2020-11-15 10:18
Manchester MC, Item Despatched to Stockport Central DO

2020-11-13 20:53
Heathrow Worldwide DC, United Kingdom, Item has left our International Processing Centre

2020-11-13 16:34
LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom, Item Received

2020-11-02 14:53
Netherlands, Item Leaving overseas

Edited on 1/8/2021 at 7:04 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      1/8/2021 7:14:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
myk333
  • JoinedNov 2020
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
ah no i mean mine is currently at "LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom, Item Received"

and has been for several days.

"Heathrow Worldwide DC, United Kingdom, Item has left our International Processing Centre" is when the parcel leaves langley/customs, is in the UK and then processed through RM network.

I am waiting eagerly for the "Heathrow Worldwide DC, United Kingdom, Item has left our International Processing Centre" to be tracked for my parcel, now am losing hope.
#6 (permalink)      1/8/2021 7:19:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4896
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos4837
DOH!
HWDC is a royal mail operation. So where does customs fit - before or within HWDC.
There isn't an area around Langley that doesn't have a daily covid infection rate below 1,000/100,000. That's 1% of the local population gets Covid every day!
#7 (permalink)      1/8/2021 7:26:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
myk333
  • JoinedNov 2020
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
MotoBlue wrote:

DOH!
HWDC is a royal mail operation. So where does customs fit - before or within HWDC.

This is a question i cannot find the answer to. some say that customs happens BEFORE it scans into HWDC Langley - in other words the recipient of the parcel will never to if their item is being held.

on the contrary from looking at posts reported on other boards, they have had their parcel enter Langley and then received a grey card for duty or a letter in some cases to say the item is prohibited and this seized.

I have been told, customs to not scan parcels and that it is only when Royal Mail receive them, only then the tracking updates (Langley HWDC you would assume means royal mail scanned it and thus passed customs" but how knows).

#8 (permalink)      1/8/2021 12:19:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Marthaz
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 227
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos298
Hello myk333,

I just had a parcel delivered a couple of days ago and it went through Langley in a day. I don't know if it was at Langley or not but it had been opened and resealed, which is unusual. There was a note stuck on it saying 'item does not match description' but that was all. They didn't seem to object to any of the contents, no request any duty or anything and there weren't any batteries or e-liquids, just some bubble glasses, charging cables etc. FT had labelled the contents as 'Filter' and as I had added a couple of bandana type masks, 'filter' almost covers it! Sorry that I can't be of more help. I just checked my tracking and it went from the Netherlands to Langley HWDC to Heathrow Worldwide, all in day. I hope that you receive yours soon and with no added hassle.
#9 (permalink)      1/8/2021 12:40:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
myk333
  • JoinedNov 2020
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
ok thank you for your input.

I have a feeling since brexit they will be more strict with this and be opening more parcels...

Can i ask how many hours the tracking shows for arriving in Langley then leaving?
#10 (permalink)      1/8/2021 12:57:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Walker65
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 378
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos218
Had something held up for 3 weeks. Annoying as tracking was perfect until it got into the UK then silence for weeks. It finally arrived 23/12 after showing arriving at Langley 2/12. Tracking was not updated during that time so I was just sitting there with my thumb up my arse assuming it had been nicked.
#11 (permalink)      1/8/2021 1:01:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Marthaz
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 227
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos298
Hello myk333,

Certainly, it says; Langley 17.07 and Heathrow Worldwide 17.25, so that's 18 mins only.

I hope that with Brexit they don't get more strict because that could be a real pain.