Packages stuck in Los Angeles?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/23/2022 9:26:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hazozita
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 516
  • Kudos48
Well, one my packages arrived. It was the one (order D030732436) that arrived in NY, but was then sent to Los Angeles. Although the tracking stopped on 3/18 once it was in LA, it arrived today (East Coast US).

The bad news is that, once again, the wrong item was sent. Rather than an SXK MOBB Mini I got what appears to be a bike lock. The product SKU sticker on the bike lock is not even close to the SKU of the MOBB.

Two out of my last three orders have had the wrong item sent. Yes, FT does take care of it, but now I have to wait another 3-4 weeks (or more) to get what I ordered. While I know that shipping issues are often out of the control of FT, putting the right item into the package is MOST CERTAINLY within FT's control.

Ticket has been opened and pictures were attached. I unfortunately know the drill by now.

Sorry for the rant, but it's so very frustrating to finally get the package only to find out that it's the wrong item.
#12 (permalink)      3/23/2022 9:41:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
We are extremely sorry about this.

I personally wrote the quality control app which checks each package's weight before they are shipped which reduces the chance of shipping something that's completely wrong.

It's approaching 11pm locally here. I will look into this first thing in the morning and report back.

EDIT: does the packing list in your order show your correct information? Thanks,

Edited on 3/23/2022 at 9:58 AM. Reason:
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#13 (permalink)      3/23/2022 10:16:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hazozita
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 516
  • Kudos48
+2 details
geek wrote:

We are extremely sorry about this. I personally wrote the quality control app which checks each package's weight before they are shipped which reduces the chance of shipping something that's completely wrong.It's approaching 11pm locally here. I will look into this first thing in the morning and report back.EDIT: does the packing list in your order show your correct information? Thanks,

Yes, the packing slip shows the correct item and there's a check mark next to it. The other item in the order (some cotton) was correct. I attached a picture of the packing slip in my ticket along with a pic of all the items, plus a pic of the incorrect item.

The SKU on the packing list is correct (9738223) based on the product listing. The item number is listed as 63391. The sticker on the bike lock is item 63991. I was incorrect in my previous post when I said it was no where close (I was looking at the wrong number). It is close -- off by one digit.

Appreciate you looking into this, and again, apologies for the rant. Although I'm well into my 60's, I turn into an 8 year old on Christmas when vape mail arrives!

#14 (permalink)      3/23/2022 4:55:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ToOnMaN
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 60
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos19
I had the same issue on order #D020625932. Never got a USPS # when it left the LA center and it says it was delivered on March 17th however it never arrived. I live in a small neighborhood where well all know each other so i walked around and asked each neighbor if they received it, all said no. I asked our mail delivery lady if she has seen a package from China, i know her too, and she hasn't.

What is my next move? Ive never had this happen in all the years ive been ordering.
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!" ~ Londo Mollari
#15 (permalink)      3/23/2022 10:12:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+2 details
@hazozita, once again we are very sorry about the error. Customer service is on your service ticket right now and we will send a replacement.

We appreciate the time spent on waiting for the original and now the replacement. This is something that we truly don't want to occur at all at all.

For your package we have the following data:

Calculated package weight: 248.5g
Actual weight after packing: 346g

Someone in our warehouse used supervisor credentials to ignore and override the automated warnings.

We really don't want this to happen and have quality controls in place, which in this case unfortunately, has been breached by some human factors.

To demonstrate how important an issue this is to us: by initially sending a wrong item (that's 100g heavier) and then a replacement, FastTech incurs an extra shipping cost of 400g to 500g (~$15), and this is just shipping. An error like this not only unacceptable to customers, it'll quickly become unsustainable to FastTech.

We are immediately correcting the issue this morning to ensure all QC checks are strictly followed by all staffs.

Again, a customer service will work with you to send an replacement.

Edited on 3/24/2022 at 12:45 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      3/23/2022 10:31:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+1 details
ToOnMaN wrote:

What is my next move? Ive never had this happen in all the years ive been ordering.

I will have a customer service staff contact you right away. Thank you for your patience.

#17 (permalink)      3/24/2022 12:00:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ToOnMaN
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 60
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos19
+1 details
geek wrote:

I will have a customer service staff contact you right away. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you muchly, got the information i need.

"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!" ~ Londo Mollari
#18 (permalink)      3/24/2022 6:07:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hazozita
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 516
  • Kudos48
@geek - thank you for all the info provided and your assistance with this. My ticket was answered, a replacement order has been created, and it is presently in Waiting to be Packaged status. Much appreciated!
#19 (permalink)      3/24/2022 10:51:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10815
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
+1 details
Woo hoo!

Package not in NYC us customs or even L.A.

It's in my USA mailbox!

Thanks again FT!

😊
Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#20 (permalink)      3/25/2022 12:42:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wes_westhaver
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2022
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Well, it looks like my packages were updated on March 23rd (20 days after they originally arrived) but they are still stuck in Los Angeles:

2022-03-23 11:25 Los Angeles USA, 到达UNITED STATES Los Angeles USA Los Angeles USA

Very strange.
#21 (permalink)      3/25/2022 11:18:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
wes_westhaver, we're watching the two orders that are still in transit in your account. They are supposed to break from the current status this weekend (today or tomorrow).

We'll update here again first thing on Monday morning.