shopping cart empty
Carbonised wick still working
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools Rate This Thread


Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      1/22/2020 11:20:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
MarcF
Member
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 862
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1218
+1 details
Gatok wrote:

Gunked coils makes me cough. Cough means that your lungs are trying to get rid of unwanted and harmful substances. I just listen to my body and do a rewick every two or three days.

You don't want your wicks to get closer to this:




Even after a month mine never look like that....but then, as I said above, I'm a 1 1/2 ml a day guy....so that amounts to 45ml a month, 50 at most. In order to start coughing, I would have to keep the same set up for at least an extra three to four weeks.

#22 (permalink)      1/22/2020 11:27:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Richy7
Member
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 5941
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos8706
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

With cotton I needed to re-wick every 2nd or 3rd day at the most. Since moving to Grahams cellucotton/rayon, I can now go 1-2 weeks before any such buildup. As soon as there is any hint of a burned taste, its rewicked.



Just bought a small amount of this from creme de vape to FINALLY give it a try.... :)

Some people need to grow a sense of humour
#23 (permalink)      1/22/2020 12:10:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Member
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4768
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3180
+4 details
"I'll take advice from a non-metallurgist cardiologist who takes an interest in finding the truths about how vaping affects health before I take into account opinions, advice, anecdotal evidence from some random people (vapers or not) on a forum."

There is certainly nothing wrong with taking his advice, reducing harm is what it is all about. I read allot of his stuff he made some good points for reducing harm further then many had thought about. I don't follow every thing he said and I dry burn and clean my coils, but usually only once or twice, after that I feel like the performance drops off a little. I put them under the sink rinse, and then fire them but not to glowing, and just repeat that process until they look fresh and clean. Then I full glow them once to make sure all the water is out and they fire up properly.

I feel like he didn't fully account for metals and what not, and it did give his credibility a small blemish. At the same time his advice on being a healthy vapor shouldn't be void because of that. I also don't think advice from other vapors on a forum shouldn't have merit. There is so much great information out there if you take the time and read it you can figure out some things on your own and with the help of others. I guess what I am trying to say is more valid information isn't a bad thing, but if you only want to listen to the Dr. then that is what you are comfortable with and I think that is also fine.
#24 (permalink)      1/22/2020 12:34:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Member
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 8270
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos13253
+1 details
Richy7 wrote:

Still.Me wrote:

With cotton I needed to re-wick every 2nd or 3rd day at the most. Since moving to Grahams cellucotton/rayon, I can now go 1-2 weeks before any such buildup. As soon as there is any hint of a burned taste, its rewicked.



Just bought a small amount of this from creme de vape to FINALLY give it a try.... :)



Can you buy it in bulk there if you like it?

Let me know what you think once you try it out..

The more you study the more you know... the more you know the more you forget. The more you forget the less you know... so why study?
#25 (permalink)      1/22/2020 1:23:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Richy7
Member
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 5941
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos8706
Still.Me wrote:

Richy7 wrote:
Still.Me wrote:
With cotton I needed to re-wick every 2nd or 3rd day at the most. Since moving to Grahams cellucotton/rayon, I can now go 1-2 weeks before any such buildup. As soon as there is any hint of a burned taste, its rewicked.

Just bought a small amount of this from creme de vape to FINALLY give it a try.... :)

Can you buy it in bulk there if you like it?

Let me know what you think once you try it out..



They do 1 metre for £1 + £1.95 delivery.... I dont think they do it in bulk and having looked around a few weeks ago when you mentioned it before the prices seem crazy for larger amounts !!

But i will give it a good go and report back, been meaning to for a few years now:)

Some people need to grow a sense of humour
#26 (permalink)      1/22/2020 1:24:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
vapeluvr
Member
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5229
  • Reviews 229
  • Kudos3592
+3 details
EternalSpline wrote:

"I'll take advice from a non-metallurgist cardiologist who takes an interest in finding the truths about how vaping affects health before I take into account opinions, advice, anecdotal evidence from some random people (vapers or not) on a forum."

There is certainly nothing wrong with taking his advice, reducing harm is what it is all about. I read allot of his stuff he made some good points for reducing harm further then many had thought about. I don't follow every thing he said and I dry burn and clean my coils, but usually only once or twice, after that I feel like the performance drops off a little. I put them under the sink rinse, and then fire them but not to glowing, and just repeat that process until they look fresh and clean. Then I full glow them once to make sure all the water is out and they fire up properly.

I feel like he didn't fully account for metals and what not, and it did give his credibility a small blemish. At the same time his advice on being a healthy vapor shouldn't be void because of that. I also don't think advice from other vapors on a forum shouldn't have merit. There is so much great information out there if you take the time and read it you can figure out some things on your own and with the help of others. I guess what I am trying to say is more valid information isn't a bad thing, but if you only want to listen to the Dr. then that is what you are comfortable with and I think that is also fine.



I agree. But TBH, I don't really like taking advice from doctors. My experience the last 10 years with 95% of doctors is that they are just quacks, quite frankly. It's pretty bad here in the USA regardless of that lie that "USA has the best healthcare". lol It may be the "best" by some standards, but from my extensive experience in the last 10 years, if it's the best, I fear for the rest of the world lol

But give me a doctor who takes it upon himself to do research where no one else seems to want to tread (for whatever reason), and with no obvious ulterior motive, and I'm all ears.

Total global economic meltdown is on the way.
#27 (permalink)      1/22/2020 2:15:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Member
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4768
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3180
+1 details
Yeah, your not wrong. I think we don't have the best rated health care do we? The list I see says 37th lol... That seems more accurate to me. I think when it comes to big problems and universal healthcare in some places and with some people, they have to fall through the cracks with that and then they like places like the united states because they can buy the healthcare here. As far as quality though, yeah 37th seems about right.

My dad was a veterinarian, so not a normal for people doctor, but he knows allot about health and in more then just the one animal, (meaning humans). An he has been pretty appalled by some of his own treatment going so far as to tell doctors he wouldn't treat a dog in the way they have treated him.

I was on vacation down in the Keys, and there is a doctor that goes to the same place my family does during the same time. He and I chat about stuff from time to time. He is a really nice guy. Any way he does a thing called cyber knife, and I am not sure how far that has gone from when we talked years and years ago till now, but what he was saying, and this always stuck with me... Is that cyber knife was a much much better way to treat cancer, but good luck getting any insurance company to pay for it. Meaning you can go do Chemotherapy, and they are going to hit all of you with poison instead of directly targeting your cancer, because it is cheaper for them. So when we are 37th I don't think it is all the doctors, I think it has allot to do with all these cheapskate insurances jack offs.

All and all the vape research he did wasn't as bad as some people made it out to be, but not as good as others seemed to think it was, in my opinion of coarse. To me what my issue with it was, it got played up to be gospel but it wasn't. Also I don't really care so much as to what someone is saying, but when it becomes a you need to do this, spin on it some times I get defensive.
#28 (permalink)      1/22/2020 2:37:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Member
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1032
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos825
+1 details
vapeluvr wrote:

If Dr. F was a metallurgist and not a cardiologist, he would then be attacked for being "merely" a metallurgist and not a cardiologist lololololol

But I get your point.

I also never meant to insinuate that Dr. Farsalinos' research is the "end-all-be-all". But at least his research is based on science, not just some armchair metallurgists and scientists on a forum.


Indeed.

One gets the feeling that over the years, Dr F has almost been 'the lone voice of reason in the wilderness'. Vaping would still benefit so much if there were more specialists like him, prepared to speak up and voice a professional opinion publicly imho.

#29 (permalink)      1/22/2020 3:50:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Member
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4768
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3180
+1 details
It would be nice, but the kind of dumb BS the anti movement puts out isn't even factual, and it some times could even be potentially harmful. They have no cares when it comes to accurate information as it is.

Have you seen the ads instructing kids to break there Juul's put out by the truth idiots? Or any of the world health organization's BS, partial facts, half truths, and totally wrong crap?

If vaping did that back to them they would go nuts over it. If we were like yeah I couldn't fly but then I started vaping and well no need for airplanes now, they would freak out and say vaping was targeting kids and trying to get them to kill themselves. The anti people are idiots and it shows in the propaganda they put out.

The fact that something 95% less harmful is even under attack when cigs are grandfathered in via the MSA is insane. They got a little with pods, now they are going to try and take a little more and a little more until they are banned or to difficult for 98% of people to mess with.
#30 (permalink)      1/22/2020 4:02:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Member
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 8270
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos13253
+1 details
Richy7 wrote:


But i will give it a good go and report back, been meaning to for a few years now:)




44060 Amz UK

A bit more expensive on your end but that is the one you want, the 44060 unless another UK'r knows of a difference in numbers per country?

If you like it i can always send you a bag that can tide you over until you find some there or a comparable product.


I paid about $20 Canadian for the same size box, which will last a lifetime.


Edited on 1/22/2020 at 4:02 PM. Reason:
The more you study the more you know... the more you know the more you forget. The more you forget the less you know... so why study?
#31 (permalink)      1/22/2020 4:49:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
notbody
Member
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 463
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos222
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Richy7 wrote:But i will give it a good go and report back, been meaning to for a few years now:)44060 Amz UKA bit more expensive on your end but that is the one you want, the 44060 unless another UK'r knows of a difference in numbers per country?..I paid about $20 Canadian for the same size box, which will last a lifetime.


£73.09
£3.99 delivery
Only 3 left in stock That's 130 Canadian$


Edited on 1/22/2020 at 4:51 PM. Reason: