shopping cart empty
NEED WEE BIT OF HELP -Shipping liquids
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      5/11/2020 5:02:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 8710
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos13649
+1 details

member CASA

Guess not. Somewhere along the line I must have changed email addresses.

I was a very heavy smoker and quit on the spot with 18mg of Nic but I did take those pills, cant remember what they care called, that supposedly dulled the cravings, for a few days. Don't know if that helped or not.

About 4 months in I picked up some cigarettes again, perhaps for 3 weeks. Then stopped with 6mg nic. No pills at that point but didn't have any problem.
Within 2 years if even that long, I took it down to 2 mg nic so nicotine wasn't so much the addiction for me, in the end but the act of having something in my hand.

MOB RULE MUST NEVER WIN! Left-wing fascism: An infantile disorder.
#52 (permalink)      5/11/2020 5:34:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6044
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos8827
+1 details

I was a very heavy smoker and quit on the spot with 18mg of Nic
Within 2 years if even that long, I took it down to 2 mg nic

ditto

The stench, La Douleur Exquise, and the gimp. What a team...... ROFL
#53 (permalink)      5/11/2020 8:04:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 8710
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos13649
+1 details
Where there's smoke — the cigarettes-and-COVID story is growing harder to ignore For smokers to do better in ANY health measure taken from ANY sample in ANY situation is astonishing. But now we have two studies showing that smokers do better with COVID

Maybe it’s time to talk about cigarettes and COVID-19. As a smoker I did not really want to be at the forefront of this conversation. When early data from China, where half of adult males smoke, showed that current cigarette smokers were bizarrely underrepresented among severe COVID-19 cases, I was happy to let Vice have its countercultural fun with the story. When the same thing seemed to be happening in France, the United States and elsewhere, I let the revered Economist handle it.

Things got a little more serious on Thursday, when researchers based in England, with the renowned Ben Goldacre as joint principal investigator, released a population-based study of COVID-19 risk factors based on National Health Service electronic health records. The “smoker’s paradox,” up until that moment a sort of odd smell that was motivating small-scale French research into nicotine, fell out of the data and lay wriggling like a boated flounder on the floor.

MOB RULE MUST NEVER WIN! Left-wing fascism: An infantile disorder.