shopping cart empty
Opinions on the best reviewers?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/27/2020 6:27:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+4 details
philipvdb wrote:

but at the end vaping with vic and mikevapes are the best. But I just say that to annoy DJ

#12 (permalink)      5/27/2020 6:30:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+3 details
Klaus Jedelsky is very thorough and posts reviews in both German and English. But he only reviews high end stuff.
#13 (permalink)      5/27/2020 6:39:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bdank
  • JoinedApr 2020
  • Posts 74
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos31
+3 details
Vick vapes weird. I hope I don't look like that sucking on mine.
#14 (permalink)      5/27/2020 6:49:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+2 details
bdank wrote:

Vick vapes weird. I hope I don't look like that sucking on mine.

#15 (permalink)      5/27/2020 6:57:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
notbody
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 479
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos228
+3 details
DJ! Do you want my opinion ,too?

Edited on 5/27/2020 at 7:01 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      5/27/2020 7:08:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
notbody wrote:

DJ! Do you want my opinion ,too?

Yes.

#17 (permalink)      5/27/2020 7:17:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Daddybear80
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Throwing a shout out for TVP...
But Mark doesn't review much these days, and he's definitely an acquired taste!

For clone reviews have a look at MFVape and Neash.
#18 (permalink)      5/27/2020 8:09:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1245
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos941
+2 details
I occasionally still drop in on some of them from time to time - I can't hold an opinion without doing so. But I don't know all the so-called Reviewers, and don't have the time to change that. Here's a selection of mine from past and present...

Part One

* PBusardo - Not the Reviewer he once was, since it's now part of what he does for a living. Still better than many though, and seems open about what he does.

* RipTrippers - Sold out a long time ago to make a living from it. With the recent loss of income, he no longer makes vaping videos.

* Twisted420 - All inflated ego. I don't like egos.

* Vaping with Vic - An idiot hobbyist who believes he's anything but. Technically speaking, he puts together good videos, I have to give him that. But he's a classic example of one who basks in the adoration of a small number of individuals who constantly think the sun shines out of his arse.

* Igetcha69 - Scott Bonner quite possibly set the standard for vaping review videos as we know them, and it's a great shame he decided to call it a day a couple of years ago. I probably trusted his opinion more than anyone else back in the day.

* BishopHeals - Robert has long-since stopped making regular vaping videos. However, he was/is an entertaining, larger-than-life New Yorker, who was very encouraging (in his own unique way) in getting people to build their own coils.

* DJLsb Vapes - I don't dislike the bloke at all, and his videos still rival those of PBusardo for their technical breakdown of mods. However, his strong accent and regular mispronunciation just drives me up the wall, and his overly-keen attempts at 'Americanising' his presenting style means I just can't watch him.

* Matt from SMM - I still watch his videos, both advocacy and reviews. For me, possibly one of the best current video makers, when it comes to an opinion.

* A Bloody Good Vaping! - I never did catch SaferVapers when they existed, but enjoyed Damien's subsequent channel. He made it clear from the start that he was only about the high-end kit, so you knew what you were getting. Never did quite work out the trembling hands when he built a coil in an atty - nerves or the DTs...

* Todd's Reviews - Back in the day, quite possibly the best UK 'Reviewer', and for good reason. He covered the entire spectrum of kit, from expensive right the way down to the very affordable starter kits. However, there was a point where he definitely changed, in which he admitted to camera that he had used his channel to deal with his mental health problems, and that nowadays if people didn't like what he was now doing, they could go f*ck themselves. Really? To be so dismissive of those who supported his channel becoming as popular as it did was just plain arrogant, and not the 'cuddly shed-dweller' he likes to portray. These days, he's +90% FaceBook kit only, and of little relevance to the average Vaper.

* GrimmGreen - Not the brightest spark out there, he has nevertheless been reasonably consistent over the years, and is one of the longest running video makers still around. However, his whole involvement in the incident at the New York vaping event last year (in which his pal had a 'roid-rage' pop at VapnFagan) means I no longer watch him at all.
#19 (permalink)      5/27/2020 8:11:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1245
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos941
+2 details
Part Two

* Jai Haze - Egotist, drama queen, or whatever. A divisive individual and video-maker, you either like him or you don't. I remain fairly neutral myself.

* Mike Vapes - Another one I'm neutral on. I'm not convinced he's had a huge amount of involvement in much of the kit retailed with his name of it, but at the same time, it's proved commercially successful, so good luck to him.

* Duane Green - Stopped broadcasting on YouTube years ago, I used to enjoy his weekly VLOGs, which usually mixed vaping and other stuff. He gained notoriety from his dislike of clones, and actually recorded himself shooting a cloned mod. Oh boy, did that divide opinion! He was one of the first to invite other Vapers and kit producers on his broadcasts as guests, including Scott Bonner, Todd, Dino Ferarri, Cisco, Doc Dave etc.

* VapnFagan - Not one to watch if you're after accurate information - guilty of claiming DL attys can also do MTL simply by closing off the airflow control ring. Really? However, as part of the broadcasting group (Mike Vapes, ST Vapes & TVC), as long as you have a sense of humour and can switch your brain off for an hour or so, he can be funny, intentionally or otherwise.

* Ruby Roo - Started off as a serious 'Reviewer', but slowly descended to little more than merely a promotion of her retail products.

* Bam Vapes(?) - A young American studying at University over in Ireland, he made regular review videos on kit that he bought. Unfortunately, his studies curtailed his videos in the end, and the last I heard, he married an Irish girl while completing his Masters.

* VTTV - A (much missed) UK group of individuals, most of whom made individual videos, and also together as a group (along with others) were hugely influential in putting the UK where it is today regards to vaping.

* The Plumes of Hazard - I've caught these guys from day one. Still enjoy their weekly broadcasts.

* Battery Mooch - Technical, but unique, I both support and continue to follow his broadcasts. Nothing but respect for the guy.

This list is far from exhaustive, but just some names that spring to mind right now. There are also a couple of very good German video-makers who for years have produced excellent technical reviews (I don't unfortunately speak German, so view with the sound muted).

Edited on 5/27/2020 at 8:18 AM. Reason: Typo...
#20 (permalink)      5/27/2020 8:24:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
notbody
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 479
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos228
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

notbody wrote:
DJ! Do you want my opinion ,too?Yes.

Well,I "hated" you for presenting the Ulton's Millenium as good quality while the clone I got was rubbish.this is FT fault asking for end of the batch unmarked cheap products.So the answer is "Not so bad, go on"

#21 (permalink)      5/27/2020 8:32:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3184
"However, his whole involvement in the incident at the New York vaping event last year (in which his pal had a 'roid-rage' pop at VapnFagan) means I no longer watch him at all."

What is this story, I never heard this?

I like Grimmgreen, he has been around since the start, he does allot of advocacy. I would not get allot of this news without him, he has not totally found his way to compressing the stories and reads them word for word, but it works.

Bogan is fine too, I will watch his stuff from time to time.

Honestly though not really into the reviews so much any more. Partially because there is just not all that much that I am interested in coming out lately. It's pods pods and more pods...