[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Trying to find an alt to vaping for years
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/2/2020 12:52:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2921
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2260
Trying to find an alt to vaping for years
I've gone from vaping for several years, then back and forth from sublingual to vaping every 6 months for a few years.

I was sick of the hassle of vaping. Sublingual was never good enough nic hit when I was stressed.

SPRAY works when inhaled. SKU 8945400. It's similar to a vape nic hit.
Fine mist is a must. PG nic, some flavour and mostly water(90+%, no vg).

if only I could use an asthma inhaler.

others may find it useful in places where you can't vape.

I make 2mg juice with water and use spay 2-3 times. It's better for me than 4mg sprayed once.

There's very few social situations where I'm not comfortable using it. Most people know it's nicotine.
#2 (permalink)      6/2/2020 1:38:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3151
  • Reviews 302
  • Kudos5400
No real taste but used many times on long haul Europe to China & Japan ... gives the nic hit I needed

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#3 (permalink)      6/2/2020 1:52:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3151
  • Reviews 302
  • Kudos5400
Not keen on Big Tobacco but can not ignore that these are out and getting NHS approval

Would like to see what the vaper makers of China can make of it
#4 (permalink)      6/2/2020 1:54:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2861
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2316
DaddyDead wrote:

No real taste but used many times on long haul Europe to China & Japan ... gives the nic hit I needed

I work with someone who successfully quit smoking using these things. In fact, he continued to use them for several years, until migrating onto vaping, which he still does to this day.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#5 (permalink)      6/2/2020 2:01:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
I have seen nicotine toothpicks, never tried them, but they are out there. Or I would guess you could experiment and make your own.
#6 (permalink)      6/2/2020 2:03:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2861
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2316
+1 details
DaddyDead wrote:

Not keen on Big Tobacco but can not ignore that these are out and getting NHS approval

Would like to see what the vaper makers of China can make of it

They aren't quite vaping though, are they. They sit somewhere between the inhalers you posted above, and a cig-a-like. They are however, the closest we've yet come to vaping on the NHS. Though given the enormous cost to put anything through med-regs, I can imagine all but the biggest China companies shedding a tear at the upfront cost. Maybe one day though...

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#7 (permalink)      6/2/2020 2:37:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3151
  • Reviews 302
  • Kudos5400
+1 details
analogueman wrote:

They aren't quite vaping though, are they. They sit somewhere between the inhalers you posted above, and a cig-a-like. They are however, the closest we've yet come to vaping on the NHS. Though given the enormous cost to put anything through med-regs, I can imagine all but the biggest China companies shedding a tear at the upfront cost. Maybe one day though...

Not vaping but not smoking ether and offering something different in harm reduction

I think there is an opening for China to do something with the flavor side, the charging side and hell even the DIY side for something like this ... they would just be adding options to the market BAT will have done the med-regs side.

Its not like there has been anything that new in vaping for a year or two so they must be a bit bored by now out in China R&D

#8 (permalink)      6/2/2020 4:07:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 662
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos488
There is another option....SNUS.......I use it sometimes in situations where I can't vape.....Hard to get in the UK, but you can import it.
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#9 (permalink)      6/2/2020 4:14:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2921
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2260
DaddyDead wrote:

No real taste but used many times on long haul Europe to China & Japan

I tried them on a long flight (Sydney - Singapore - Berlin) and at each stop I ran for a smoke. It never really hit the spot.

Too expensive too.

I could maybe make a refill from a ryo filter and 200mg nic. I'll test it with a straw.

#10 (permalink)      6/2/2020 4:33:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2921
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2260
blackhack wrote:

SNUS

I was using snus and snuff for a while and then they decided to tax the fuck out of it. A $40 order became $550 after tax.

voke teardown

That would probably cost the same as other inhalers. I couldn't justify spending 60x more just to look better. It could be used at times where I would feel uncomfortable with spray.

It's hard to use pharma/commercial nic products after diy juice for several years and fine tuning nic intake.
and spray is the closest to vaping so far. It's similar to a cold vape which I enjoy.

waiting for covid to pass to order/test other spray container SKU 9657575

Edited on 6/2/2020 at 4:59 PM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      6/2/2020 5:10:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
This spray idea is kind of interesting. So you inhale the spray?

Voke looks kind of neat too. I hear you on the SNUS last time I bought it for a flight the price had gone way up.