How come tanks are inferior to RDAs?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      8/23/2020 9:52:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4174
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4470
gph61 wrote:

airwinny wrote:
In short, taste and flavor are so personal that it's impossible to say if an RDA or an RTA is better.It's not up for debate that a tank wick receives juice at a slower rate because it is required to pull down the pressure in a tank to get it.

Most people come the conclusion that there is a noticeable difference. As I see it, if I can detect it at my 15 watt range someone pounding away at it at much higher watts most surely would. I can detect it in a tank by itself. If all of a sudden the taste spikes up I know I just sprung a leak and the vacuum pressure is gone.

There used to be a considerable difference. Correctly wicked, a well designed tank can deliver flavor equivalent to a RDA. Provided the variables,coil size, chamber size, airflow and wattage are roughly equal. There is also the matter of gravity (a completely fascist lie I'm sure if I scream the apple falls upward over and over, it must.) at least in a conventional tank.

In the old Kayfun "boiler type"tanks, and the Genesis type, gravity was not as important a factor.

Your flavor spike does not necessarily mean a leak.It may mean that the wick was insufficient, and gave way. When that occurs, your juice will dump. Too much wick,and the coils will starve, providing muted flavor at best, and a dry hit at worst.

That,is the art. Wicking in a manner that ensures delivery of all the juice a coil can handle, without flooding.

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#32 (permalink)      8/23/2020 9:53:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Accuphased
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 185
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos210
gph61 wrote:

Accuphased wrote:
Have I even mentioned my politics, incel?I don't care, you're on ignore. From now on you'll be talking to the sig.

Sure thing, little buddy. Sure thing. A little too close to home for you, huh?

Edited on 8/23/2020 at 9:55 AM. Reason:
#33 (permalink)      8/23/2020 9:57:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
OneBadwolf wrote:

There used to be a considerable difference.

Used to be? Are you daft? Vacuum is still vacuum.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#34 (permalink)      8/23/2020 10:08:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4174
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4470
gph61 wrote:

OneBadwolf wrote:
There used to be a considerable difference.Used to be? Are you daft? Vacuum is still vacuum.

Daft? As much as I'm racist.Do you think there might exist a situation where the forces acting inside a tank are in homeostasis, No, not a rainbow flag thing,before you call me a homophobe, but more or less in a state of balance? try to think about how that might be possible.

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#35 (permalink)      8/23/2020 10:10:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8831
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31725
+2 details
gph61 wrote:

It's not impossible to say. Liquid can't come out of a sealed vessel without work. Every drop that comes out of a tank takes longer to do so than under the exact same atomizer conditions sans the tank. An RDA doesn't have that physical restriction. That's why lots and lots of people say they can detect it. It's a physical limitation built into the design and they're noticing it.

It's still useless, when factoring in that flavor is a personal experience, that's different for anyone.

It's the same as claiming a big sip of cola tastes better than a small sip of the same cola. May be true for some people, others will disagree.

Some of my juices taste better in a Dvarw, others taste better in a Citadel.

#36 (permalink)      8/23/2020 10:24:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1099
+1 details
That feel when you are so porkressive, so even tankomizer works like piston engine for you.
The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#37 (permalink)      8/23/2020 10:25:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
airwinny wrote:

It's still useless, when factoring in that flavor is a personal experience, that's different for anyone.

It's just a fact that many people seem to notice, hence this thread.

airwinny wrote:

It's the same as claiming a big sip of cola tastes better than a small sip of the same cola. May be true for some people, others will disagree.

No it's not. The less juice you can get to the coil while you're vaping the more of a dry hit you're going to get. Tanks wick slower, it's built into design. It's just a simple fact that lots of people notice without even knowing the cause.

airwinny wrote:

That's irrelevant to the physical differences between tanks and rdas.

Edited on 8/23/2020 at 10:25 AM. Reason:
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#38 (permalink)      8/23/2020 10:28:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4174
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4470
+1 details
airwinny wrote:

gph61 wrote:
It's not impossible to say. Liquid can't come out of a sealed vessel without work. Every drop that comes out of a tank takes longer to do so than under the exact same atomizer conditions sans the tank. An RDA doesn't have that physical restriction. That's why lots and lots of people say they can detect it. It's a physical limitation built into the design and they're noticing it.

Agreed. I believe some juice will taste better in one RDA than another, or in one tank than another.

Apples must be compared with apples.Some tanks are better than some RDAs, and vice versa. The variables are numerous.To say that a tank is incapable of producing as much vapour, or flavor as an RDA without exception is a flawed statement. There was a time, where it would have been an accurate statement, but the designs have progressed to the point where the differences are mostly subjective.

#39 (permalink)      8/23/2020 10:29:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
Here's an experiment, take an average flavour tank. Take a taste then open the fill port a bit and taste it again.

If you understand the mechanics behind it you can catch tank leaks that way before it shows any outward signs of leaking.
#40 (permalink)      8/23/2020 10:40:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
Here's another experiment, do a google search for 'why do rdas taste better than tanks' and look at the volume of people saying the same thing.

Most are attributing the difference to the short distance to your mouth in RDAs which can be true for people that like warmer vapes but there are lots of tanks these days with almost the same short distance. The only major difference is the major difference, the tank and the work required to draw juice from it.
#41 (permalink)      8/23/2020 10:43:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11074
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6939
+1 details
I identify as a Mercedes.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"