[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
ULTON Sputnik RTA - First Impressions
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/15/2020 7:10:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
Hey @s.moriwaki I received my ulton sputnik today. You weren't kidding, that drip tip was hell to dislodge, and the o-ring is shredding like crazy when I adjust the JFC.

Have you found that your airflow increase when screwing the RTA onto a mod? It seems like the airdisk is shifting when the 510 pin's pressed down. I swapped out the orings on the airdisks to make them more snug, but it's only improved the issue slightly.

Edited on 10/15/2020 at 9:29 AM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      10/15/2020 10:31:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
s.moriwaki
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2018
  • Posts 299
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos148
burner94 wrote:

Hey @s.moriwaki I received my ulton sputnik today. You weren't kidding, that drip tip was hell to dislodge, and the o-ring is shredding like crazy when I adjust the JFC.Have you found that your airflow increase when screwing the RTA onto a mod? It seems like the airdisk is shifting when the 510 pin's pressed down. I swapped out the orings on the airdisks to make them more snug, but it's only improved the issue slightly.



Bloody hell, man. Your out of the box review is worse than mine!

No weird airflow fluctuations on mine. Just not as tight as I'd prefer. I think you also mentioned a short, before you edited your post. No shorts either for me.

And if you're referring to the O-ring that I also mentioned, the one inside the chimney, I actually used a drip tip O-ring. You have to really stretch it like an MF to get it to fit, but when it's on, it's perfect. No more issues with O-ring snagging, and it definitely hasn't caused any leaking or flooding.

I obviously can't speak to the original, but if it's anything at all like the clone, I have a feeling Klaus got a bit too excited about this one, way too early. Sacha, on the other hand, liked it, but wasn't raving about it either. That says something.


Edited on 10/15/2020 at 10:32 AM. Reason:
#13 (permalink)      10/16/2020 1:27:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
Thanks for the tip man, got the DT oring on there and it fits perfectly. The shorting issue was just user error, the ends of the wire secured by the screw were touching the deck, so all good. The airflow issue is ongoing, I've found that screwing the RTA down just to the point where there's a bit of tension on the 510 has resolved the issue, still a bit annoying. All in all, there's a lot of issues, but the flavour is up there with the best (dvarw, GTR, and FeV), it's light as hell, it doesn't consume liquid very quickly, the draw is almost as silent as the FeV (with the 4x0.6mm disk), and the wicking is exceptional. She's a keeper.
#14 (permalink)      11/4/2020 6:22:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FaisalAlroqi
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
burner94 wrote:

Thanks for the tip man, got the DT oring on there and it fits perfectly. The shorting issue was just user error, the ends of the wire secured by the screw were touching the deck, so all good. The airflow issue is ongoing, I've found that screwing the RTA down just to the point where there's a bit of tension on the 510 has resolved the issue, still a bit annoying. All in all, there's a lot of issues, but the flavour is up there with the best (dvarw, GTR, and FeV), it's light as hell, it doesn't consume liquid very quickly, the draw is almost as silent as the FeV (with the 4x0.6mm disk), and the wicking is exceptional. She's a keeper.



Please can you recommend for me a one mtl rta for flavor and throat hit and tight draw?

I use five pawns castle long 6 and 12mg nic.

#15 (permalink)      11/4/2020 6:40:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Verified
FaisalAlroqi wrote:

Please can you recommend for me a one mtl rta for flavor and throat hit and tight draw?

I use five pawns castle long 6 and 12mg nic.

This rta and the separately purchased air discs.

#16 (permalink)      11/4/2020 6:42:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Verified
No issues with my Ulton SPutnik rta.
#17 (permalink)      11/4/2020 7:26:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
+1 details
@FaisalAlroqi I replied to you on your post. My vote is for the sputnik. I like it more than the dvarw and GTR. If you get the ulton version, make sure you replace the o-ring that the chimney sits on with one of the spare o-rings for the drip tip, and if you have issues with the draw becoming looser when screwing it down onto a mod, than try to find a thicker o-ring for the airdisk.
#18 (permalink)      11/5/2020 2:32:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FaisalAlroqi
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
burner94 wrote:

@FaisalAlroqi I replied to you on your post. My vote is for the sputnik. I like it more than the dvarw and GTR. If you get the ulton version, make sure you replace the o-ring that the chimney sits on with one of the spare o-rings for the drip tip, and if you have issues with the draw becoming looser when screwing it down onto a mod, than try to find a thicker o-ring for the airdisk.



I can't find the ultom version but only SKX for Sputink. is it good quality? can you please post a link for o ring fits perfectly on this Atty.

#19 (permalink)      11/5/2020 4:36:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2869
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2328
+1 details
FaisalAlroqi wrote:

I can't find the ultom version but only SKX for Sputink. is it good quality? can you please post a link for o ring fits perfectly on this Atty.


They don't sell the Ulton version of the Sputnik on FT. You'll need to seek it out on one of the other online retailers. Just Google it, and you'll find where.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#20 (permalink)      11/5/2020 4:39:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FaisalAlroqi
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
analogueman wrote:

FaisalAlroqi wrote:
I can't find the ultom version but only SKX for Sputink. is it good quality? can you please post a link for o ring fits perfectly on this Atty.
They don't sell the Ulton version of the Sputnik on FT. You'll need to seek it out on one of the other online retailers. Just Google it, and you'll find where.



IS the difference in quality between the two is noticeable?

#21 (permalink)      11/5/2020 5:16:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
+2 details
I have no idea, I only own the ulton. I doubt anyone here owns both. Maybe have a look around on the vape forums to see if anyone has posted a comparison. The ulton works out cheaper if you want all three airdisks (which I'm assuming you do since you like a very tight draw). The o-ring I use for the airdisk has an outer diameter of 16mm and an inner diameter of 14mm. From what I've read on the product page for the ulton version, apparently ulton has replaced the o-ring that the chimney sits on, so you shouldn't have an issue with that one.

Edited on 11/5/2020 at 5:20 AM. Reason: