MTL RTA. Help a brother here.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      11/4/2020 5:49:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
@The_Masteres did you notice any difference in flavour when using one vs two airpins in your FeV? I have the ulton 4.5 and I want to love it but the flavour is lackluster, the airpins whistle occasionally, and I can't chain vape it without dry hits (I've found this is only an issue when I haven't rewicked it for a day or two).
#22 (permalink)      11/4/2020 11:58:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 452
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos337
+1 details
burner94, I'm a great FEV Fan and have always a Flashy in my Rotation, but: The bigger the Diameter of the Airscrews the more it whistles occasionally. When Someone tells You it is completely silent this Person uses small Airscrews. And it is not important if it is 1 or 2 Airscrews, it is the Size. The wicking Issue: You're Right, the FEV is best when rewicked every Day. It is not only because of possible Dry Hits but also the Flavour is getting worse and worse the longer You use the same Cotton. Ther are a lot of RTA's out there where You don't notice a change in Flavour so early. Gladly You can change the Cotton in a Minute.
#23 (permalink)      11/5/2020 12:22:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
Thanks for the info @SambaBugatti, using the 1mm I don't get any whistling, unfortunately when using this airpin I find myself coughing alot. Lowering the wattage helps, but sacrifices flavour. Also inhaling without delivering power to the coil for a second or two during my pull helps. I think alot of vapour remains in the chamber when I don't do this due to the reduced airflow, and with each successive pull I get more condensed vapour in the chamber, which irritates my lungs.
#24 (permalink)      11/5/2020 1:14:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 452
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos337
+1 details
burner94, did You try the YDDZ V1 ? Maybe it will suit Your vaping Habits better. It is more on the thight MTL Side and works exactly like a FEV. I use the FEV because I am more on the loose MTL Side and since the new Ones with 2 Airhole Screws came out they came back into my Rotation. But occasionally, when I want to vape NET's I prefer the BF900 with RTA Kit or the YDDZ V1. Flavourwise the YDDZ is like the FEV, but with less Throat Hit when vaped tighter.
#25 (permalink)      11/5/2020 1:15:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos168
+1 details
burner94 wrote:

@The_Masteres did you notice any difference in flavour when using one vs two airpins in your FeV? I have the ulton 4.5 and I want to love it but the flavour is lackluster, the airpins whistle occasionally, and I can't chain vape it without dry hits (I've found this is only an issue when I haven't rewicked it for a day or two).

I confirm SambaBugatti's comments above. My build is 2.5 mm mtl fused Clapton and I find my sweet spot with the double 0.8 airflow screws. As regards flavor, I only use single flavor ejuice (6mg nic) with it and I find a perfect balance wetween flavor, throat hit and draw (long, silent, extremely satisfying draw).

Also, i confirm that I chainvape without dry hits (50/50 juice) but rewick every day or two days when I use it less. It is so easy that I don't hesitate to do it as often as possible (insert cotton, cut, fluff and you're done).

#26 (permalink)      11/5/2020 2:03:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
Thanks for the info guys, I never considered the YDDZ since I already had the FeV, but was tempted by the Auguse Era as a replacement for it's shorter height. Might use the FeV for the next week with the 1mm insert, replacing the wick every 1-2 days and see if it's worth the effort. Honestly, other than the reduced capacity, the Sputnik to me matched the FeV in all of it's strong points (namely the smooth and silent draw, and ease of wicking) while exceeding it in other areas (mainly flavour, longevity of the wick and height). Love that little thing.

Edited on 11/5/2020 at 5:29 AM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      11/5/2020 2:40:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 452
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos337
+1 details
For me the Auguse Era does not really deliver...it is good...but I put it aside.....maybe I should play with it a little more. And the Sputnik is still in testing Phase, I love the Design, the Taste and Smoothness is great but I don't get enough Vape out of it.It feels somehow to soft for me....but maybe with different Coils, different wicking, different Height of the Coil, I sure like it enough to give it a few more Tries.
#28 (permalink)      11/5/2020 2:46:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos168
+1 details
burner94 wrote:

Thanks for the info guys, I never considered the YDDZ since I already had the FeV, but was tempted by the Auguse Era as a replacement for it's shorter height. Might use the FeV for the next week with the 1mm insert, replacing the wick every 1-2 days and see if it's worth the effort. Honestly, other than the reduced capacity, the Sputnik to me matched the FeV in all of it's strong points (namely the smooth and silent draw, and easy of wicking) while exceeding it in other areas (mainly flavour, longevity of the wick and height). Love that little thing.

I really think the FEV deserves more testing. Also, maybe try dual airflow rather than only one.

Thx for the info about Sputnik. How about throat hit ? It is also one of the strongest (not to Say the main) points of the FEV.

#29 (permalink)      11/5/2020 3:29:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 452
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos337
Throat Hit is definitely there, but by far no FEV Intensitivity. But, as I said above, I have to play with it more, maybe lift the Coil up a little Bit, I'll have to try.
#30 (permalink)      11/5/2020 5:55:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16980
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30464
+1 details
Dvarw or Kf Lite 2019!

Apparently for throat hit I far prefer the second.

Edited on 11/5/2020 at 5:56 AM. Reason:
#31 (permalink)      11/5/2020 6:43:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AkeLLa13
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Had no chance to try Sputnik, but my daily fav is dvarw fl for now. Also i agree about lackluster flavor in fev 4.5. But i like it either

Edited on 11/5/2020 at 6:46 AM. Reason: