A different kind of Boro device...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/12/2020 8:00:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
+5 details
A different kind of Boro device...
I've been teasing about this device for a while....

It's been in production since Corona wasn't a thing. It slowed things down, but the first batch is finally here!

Those familiar with SXK's diminutive squonk "Rave Mini" will know the company behind this - 6ixty 7even Mods with frequent partners Stimy Vapor. Basically a take on their SBS 60 mod, this version trades a 510 and cage for a custom shaped Boro tank. DNA 60 on bottom, almost flush front mounted buttons, 21700(!) capability and a 9ml(!) Juice capacity make this the Boro device for out and about. The size remains billet box-esque...maybe 2mm shorter and 2mm thinner, with rounded corners...feels smaller in pocket.

More pics later

What does he mean when he says words?
#2 (permalink)      11/13/2020 12:53:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dustin69
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2019
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos76
wow that is nice
#3 (permalink)      11/16/2020 6:50:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mstave
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 262
  • Reviews 139
  • Kudos102
Just signed up on the wating list for one - very impressed (decided against the dicodes version)
#4 (permalink)      11/17/2020 11:24:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
mstave wrote:

Just signed up on the wating list for one - very impressed (decided against the dicodes version)

I guess I'll see you in the top secret super private fb group, then ;)

It's kick ass, but I'll give you just one thing negative:

White, if and when the tank leaks one day, shows juice on the inside, if I buy another, it would be black... It's just a thing to think about... This thing is cheaper than an authentic billet box, or about the same at least...

#5 (permalink)      11/17/2020 11:34:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mstave
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 262
  • Reviews 139
  • Kudos102
carrion4worm wrote:
[quote]mstave wrote:

don't know about the super secret fcebook page, i signed up on the website
#6 (permalink)      11/17/2020 11:47:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042

This is a line up of the two most popular boro devices with the Syndicate EVO. The Evo is the shortest with a 21700! Boro with the avg rba is about 4.7 ml. Max. I squeezed 8.7ml in this with wet cotton, around 9.2 ml estimated upon setup. All 3 have dna60, Evo only used 510 drip tip, most have fit fine that I've tried. I think it is easy to tell that size and duration of uninterrupted use were driving the project. I think it's a success.

I use a different I.d. on FB...when you get the invite, introduce yourself, I'm the guy that made the DNA theme on the opening post. I can help with any questions you might have.

In the photo above, the Evo has two short dark shadows underneath the tank...that's what I meant about white...it's not bad, but some people don't understand these things.
#7 (permalink)      11/17/2020 11:54:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
mstave wrote:
[quote]carrion4worm wrote:

mstave wrote:

don't know about the super secret fcebook page, i signed up on the website

You will be getting one, hell, I had to reopen my long dormant account back when this project was started. It's how Raphael prefers to do things.

Of course you don't have to, but it's kinda a thing in these circles...lol, I've gotten used to it at this point.

#8 (permalink)      11/17/2020 12:56:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dustin69
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2019
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos76
I ordered the full black dicodes version. Only thing Im a little worried about now is leaking and if the dicodes chip has a coating to protect it from leaks.
#9 (permalink)      11/17/2020 4:12:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
Dustin69 wrote:

I ordered the full black dicodes version. Only thing Im a little worried about now is leaking and if the dicodes chip has a coating to protect it from leaks.

I do not believe they are coated. The chip is mounted vertically, so at least it's not flat on the bottom, like many out there.

If you can wick a rba, you can wick an rba, but they all leak at some time or another, right? But I do prefer DNA, and that is one of the reasons.

#10 (permalink)      11/17/2020 5:30:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dustin69
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2019
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos76
Depending on how accessable it is I could probably coat it myself.

Im not too worried about leaking, but condensation. Ever since I started with the boro I only had one leak, and that was from me forgetting to close the glass on the first day I had it lol
#11 (permalink)      11/18/2020 1:33:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
Dustin69 wrote:

Depending on how accessable it is I could probably coat it myself.

Im not too worried about leaking, but condensation. Ever since I started with the boro I only had one leak, and that was from me forgetting to close the glass on the first day I had it lol

I get hardly any on the Evo or the Supbox, there's availability of air, we think that's the reason...it's early in testing, but it appears that way, anyway.

There was an oring snafu with some first batch users, but that's been fixed...second batch people will get a more refined, tested product.

I love mine

I'm also getting an "Occultist" version, which is highly limited all black with full body engraving, but they will be the last made.