[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Fev/Spica vs The World
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/18/2020 3:35:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
+1 details
Fev/Spica vs The World
I have a ton of dvarves v2, bsrk 1 and 1.5( love them), all of them 2mm ID ,28awg 6/7wraps, and ALL of them on the smallest AF, 0.8mm/1mm on bsrk 1.5 ( which is like 0.8 on v1 if you're lucky.Tight.).

I am constantly bombarded how fev or spica are far better for TH and flavor.

That so? Care to enlighten a fellow vaper ( looking at you, maestro Essellar :) i know you like to vape ~0.8-1mm AF )
#2 (permalink)      12/18/2020 7:45:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7749
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4523
+1 details
"Better TH" and "flavor" are both subjective. Anyone who debates which tank has "better" of either jsut like sto blow hot air.

Whatever is "better" for you is better.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#3 (permalink)      12/18/2020 8:52:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
+1 details
I know , Vapeluvr. But i just try to avoid a possibly unnecessary purchase by asking ppl who used zerkers/dvarves but also fev/spica. The hype on fev is very high right now.

I don't really get how it works. Everyone is trying to plug the remaining half of the chamber with pei/metal ( like in Parvum, which i have) to gain taste. Not the fev. you still have one 1/2 chamber just sitting, if you run it in one AF only...
#4 (permalink)      12/18/2020 9:26:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+1 details
The FEV is great - except for the very tightest MTL. If you like 1.2mm and up, it's lovely. At 0.8mm with a normal build, there's a LOT of throat hit. Not good throat hit; more like "the air isn't hitting the coil" harshness, like you've got the top cap on wrong with an old-school genisis. If you move the coil over nearer the air inlet, it gets a lot better, but then you lose the ease of build. Some people like it a lot; I find it to be too much hassle to wick when the coil is off-centre with no gain otherwise. If the tighter airflow screws were longer, if they stuck into the chamber further, it would be a much better tank for tight MTL. As it is, I'd call it a great tank for anyone who likes a looser draw than I can handle, whether that's a 1.2mm MTL or a relatively open restricted DL - basically anything that isn't really tight or "cloudz, bruh".
#5 (permalink)      12/18/2020 10:23:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
+1 details
Thanks Essellar!

I know exactly what you're saying, i tried to mtl my hadaly, ew. That was not a TH, it was almost dry hit.

I knew it was something like that, and for the tech reasons you've mentioned. 1.2 mm on dvarw , for me, it's RDL. Nah. Nope.

I have this SKU 9659175 and it's an 1.2 mm. i mix with it, him and hadaly. Way too large otherwise. I like 0.8, at max 1mm, that's a cigarette for me. Also, so, so tasty.

How about Spica then ?,the pin with 3 AF, compared with dvarw 0.8/one lucky berserker0.8/1 ( i have 3, 2 are tight as ..omg, and the other one is like 1.2 ....they were nice ppl tho, sent me a deck for free, still unlucky)
#6 (permalink)      12/19/2020 12:36:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+1 details
The Spica is great, but it depends on the clone you get (assuming you're not looking at an authentic). I prefer the Dvarw, but that's arguing about tastes rather than about quality. Some of them are quite tight and others, well, not so much. And I've had experience with "name" clones (SXK, SJMY/YFTK, Shenray, Coppervape) of other atomizers that were fantastic when first released but not so good a couple of months later - probably fixtures and tooling setups getting worn/sloppy and not being redone. It's always a gamble, which is why, when I find a good atty, I buy a bunch of them right away now, before the rot sets in. It ends up being cheaper than going by clone reviews and getting atties that were good when the reviewer got theirs, but are almost unuseably bad when you get yours.
#7 (permalink)      12/19/2020 3:51:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
Wow ,thanks so much.

The dvarves i've got are the V 2 and a v1 coppervape, not FL, i'd buy FL with metal sleeve, not glass. We have 9 in the house. All of them perform just as good as new - except the one that gets hot, it still does.

I guess i already have what i need , as i understand what i have is not "in the lower league" taste/th as i've been lead to believe in some other forums.

Thanks again for sharing your experience !
#8 (permalink)      12/19/2020 3:58:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
May i ask what's your personal top 3?
#9 (permalink)      12/19/2020 8:39:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RB_Boulay
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos7
Hi VeeRay.

Stop listening to those who are constantly praising the FEV. For me they are wrong.
I use the MTL galaxies and berserker mini v1 (6 turns KA1 AWG 30 2.3mm 1.15ohms at 10 watts 15mg).
As you I let myself be fooled by those who say "FEV : Exceptional flavor and hit of hell" and I buy a FEV.
My conclusion : With the same coils and the same power the flavor and the hit are much less present on the FEV and I will preciously keep my old RTA.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited on 12/19/2020 at 8:41 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      12/19/2020 9:10:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
Hi RB, thanks for the info. You've got a very similar setup on bsrk v1, except i'd die @ 15 mg, i can go max 9 lol, usually 6mg.

IDK, for some reason i've always been looked down upon in forums when i mentioned the Berserker v1 vs kayfuns and everything high end original or clone.

"it has weird taste" . "it leaks" . I saw the builds they were trying, 9 wraps SS claptons TC jesus .They don't know about the 2 unnecessary orings on the topcap/chimney respectively.

I humbly suggest you try 2mm , it's even better. The airflow seems to hug that size, although if there is an atomizer made for 2mm coils and 2 mm juice ports, that's the v1.5. Even 2mm sometimes fills the juice so much i'd do 1.8mm but idk how.

Never tried vapefly galaxies, they've burned me so hard with a defective Holic, and the response was horible from their side. Vandy on the other side, as long as you remember they're chinese and what face value means for them...you're in good hands. 10/10 service, no joke.

As for the fev, for one, klaus and german forums pummeled the idea it's fev vs the rest - more power to them, plus, i wanted something without juice ports, for one specific juice i vape like a junkie, it gunks in 6 h (sucraloze, yeah).
#11 (permalink)      12/19/2020 2:45:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
I use 0.8-1mm draw only, and I think Dvarw is very much on par with Spica.
Spica is better on th and can go perhaps just a hair tighter, but Dvarw is better on daily use and flavor.
I mainly use Dvarw, Spica, Millenium and Integra.
I also have Fev Vs but I can’t get great flavor from it.

So if you have Dvarw I don’t think there is anything that is really far better than it is.

Edited on 12/19/2020 at 2:46 PM. Reason: