Possibly the Most Expensive Rebuilding Kit in the World...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/12/2021 4:49:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2984
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2421
Possibly the Most Expensive Rebuilding Kit in the World...
At USD 66.76... wow!! :-O

In conjunction with German 103, The 17-in-1 Mime's Masterful Toolbag by Vapefly. No MAP (yet) either.

They've also put out a significantly cheaper tool-less bag/pouch @ USD 22.68.

Any takers..? ;-)
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#2 (permalink)      7/12/2021 6:06:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PeteG
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos4
nope that is insane money
#3 (permalink)      7/12/2021 6:52:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6193
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4456
+1 details
lol that's pretty funny, 20.00 worth of tools, and a pretty bag so you can be fancy.
#4 (permalink)      7/12/2021 6:56:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 911
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos861
I made the mistake of buying tools separately as I needed them. All I really needed was a decent pair of snips that could cut coil legs close enough to the deck to avoid shorts - I used the crappy screwdrivers and allen keys that came with the drippers/tanks I bought, drill bits to coil, kitchen scissors to cut cotton, a pin to thin out excess cotton and just made do with whatever I had available instead of buying a kit.

Of course eventually I bought a dedicated tool kit - but the tools inside budget kits are pretty poor and needed regular replacement. Over the last 4 years I've spent more on mediocre (Coilmaster/Geekvape etc) tools than the price of this kit.

If the tools are good quality its actually a good price - its a pity it comes in a gay little leather pouch, I'll happily buy the tools if they are decent quality and available without the bag for $20 under the full kit price, but I'd never pay for a gay little leather pouch, a zip up canvas style bag does the same job. Quality tools are a good investment, designer bags - not so much.
#5 (permalink)      7/12/2021 7:10:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 433
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos111
Lets start a 90s 'gay' slang revival movement..

It used to be such a valued adjective.. Now with all the politically correct bs shoved at us.., we can't feel free to say things like gay bag, gay dog, gay book..

Its one of the greatest tragedies faced in our contemporary culture..

Time for a revival Crispy.. here, here.. I'm only surprised it took this long..

We now can use the word gay again, to describe practically anything we want in a vague, yet negative light..

Who of you, if any, is with us!!? Rise up and remember!

Edited on 7/12/2021 at 7:12 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      7/12/2021 7:34:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 911
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos861
Meh.

The word 'gay' has always been a part of the English language and isn't solely used as a descriptor of any group or sect.

Any group that claims the word gay is 'their' word and can only be used in one context, should pick up and read an English dictionary and re-educate themselves. There is an entire world outside the confines of their village.
#7 (permalink)      7/12/2021 8:38:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6193
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4456
+1 details
I never stopped using gay, then one day a gay friend of mine was like what makes you think that (reverse trike I think was what I was calling gay that day) is gay and wants to have sex with another same sex model of that thing it is? How do you even know it's gender? I was like what are you fucking talking about, that shit is gay as fuck, lol. I got all the love for gay people, but some times some company puts out a product targeted at straight men that is gay as fuck. He kept after me a bit, and I stayed with my use of the word, he knew it was no disrespect to him. I think that is what is important with language. It's being heard for what you are saying, and how you are saying it, it's the communication, which oddly loses so much when you type it on a forum.

You can buy really good quality tools, but allot of the time you have to seek it out off of vape sites and they are not cheap allot of the time. I have a screw driver set with all the little bits that plug into the same piece and it has allen, and the star one, multiple Phillips and flat, and they all drop into the base of it in a little container. I got it at home depot, no more stripped screws. Scissors I bought some vape sheers, if you look for that you will find them, very sharp precision scissors. Leg cutting tools, home depot again... Bit's for wrapping coils, coil master makes some rods that are black that do not conduct electricity so you can even fire your mod with the tool in place. They have a soft plastic end on them with the size clearly written on it, they are perfect once you get used to using them.

All these specialty tools didn't cost 66.00 and I would bet they are all better than what this kit has. I also didn't get a gay leather bag though. I got a sparkly bedazzled jewel bag I hand made myself, JK... they live in a small cardboard box. Got to keep it masculine AF! Don't want anyone getting the wrong idea and buying my drinks and shit, lol.
#8 (permalink)      7/12/2021 9:24:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2984
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2421
I'm with EternalSpline on this one.

Before the likes of Coil Master and the numerous other Chinese companies started producing them, I remember all-in-one kits appearing from online retailers, and a few of the higher-end accessory makers.

It seemed to me at the time that one was merely paying over the odds for the convenience of getting everything in one purchase in a nice looking package. Yet the majority (at the time) disagreed with my point that you could put together a more tailored kit for your own individual needs for much cheaper.

It's still the case to this day. But people are lazy, and want a flashy-looking kit in one mouse click.

Let's look at this particular kit...

How many people actually use a steel coil brush? Surgical scissors... dedicated hair or seamstress scissors are just as good and a fraction of the price! Those wire snips... do they capture the wire end before it flies off? Nope, so clearly it isn't the best quality! And I don't think the case is leather either - it certainly doesn't claim to be, even if it looks like it. And that 510 atty stand is one FT sells for pennies. Etc, etc.

Edited on 7/12/2021 at 9:30 AM. Reason:
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#9 (permalink)      7/12/2021 10:12:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
It might be great tools in this kit, but I'd bet they made this in very limited quantities....too expensive for most to take the chance on this.

It's all about the Flush Cutters....that and perhaps a coiling rod are the only really "specialized" tools that aren't available everywhere.

Good Allen wrench bits last much longer, and strip far less screws, than the cheap, soft freebies in your atty bag....so, if it were me, I'd carefully pick tools individually, for quality.
What does he mean when he says words?
#10 (permalink)      7/12/2021 11:08:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zentrucker
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 949
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos605
+1 details
Should go good with someone's collection of hundred dollar metal tubes.

Edited on 7/12/2021 at 11:09 PM. Reason:
Peace be with you ...
#11 (permalink)      7/13/2021 12:04:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
zentrucker wrote:

Should go good with someone's collection of hundred dollar metal tubes.

Or, as a good friend of mine calls them: "door stops". This because he has lots of Purge tubes, in their protective case, as door stops in his old, unlevel home.

They lose value quickly for resale in the secondary market, and that's if you can find a buyer...

I'll keep my oldies, but there wont be any new ones added. The last I bought (at 95.00) was the sidefire Suicide mod in brass....Basically a smaller Purge Slampiece....for 350.00 cheaper.

What does he mean when he says words?