Reccomend me some sbs box mod
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/13/2021 11:40:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 743
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
RattyRat wrote:

Crispycritters wrote:
The styling is love or hate, but the Dovpo College DNA60 is being offloaded pretty cheap if you shop around. The max size atty it can take is 24mm, but 22s don't get dwarfed by the size of the mod and it is fairly small. Shopping around are the key words here...

I've seen it for under $80, not the cheapest by any means, but it is milled from aluminium (although still 141g - I don't think that's particularly heavy, but others are lighter), it's probably the cheapest way to get a DNA60 device and it will perform well.

It would be great for 80ish dollars but with "deals" its still more than a 100 bucks

You didn't pick up on my "shop around" hint. If I wrote the name of a different site my post would be deleted. I saw it on Dovpo's US site for $80 recently and have heard that some US sites were doing clearance sales at $70, but if that's no longer happening I'd pass because it isn't worth $100.

#12 (permalink)      8/13/2021 12:55:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 331
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos189
Sorry I'm little slow tonight, thanks the tip :)
#13 (permalink)      8/13/2021 3:40:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
Kizoku Tech Mod, mine was garbage.
I just got some new soldering tips in the other day in order to swap a DNA 60 small screen in. I wouldn't suggest trying this, it isn't an easy swap.
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#14 (permalink)      8/13/2021 5:11:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jerem74
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Insider is good
#15 (permalink)      8/13/2021 7:35:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 331
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos189
Couldn't resist... Bought a cheap as dirt supbox. If i like it, i may buy a BB... If i dont i still can use it as an sbs...
Converter and stratum balance still sits in the wishlist tough...
Thanks all the recommendations!
#16 (permalink)      8/13/2021 8:18:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
+2 details
My favorite is the Mixx.. Tech mod feels cheap. Just got the Balance today (tiny!) Insider has wacky colors left.., don't have the Paramour or Digiflavor (abalone looks sick though) the Katana is on here.. Pricier but most lightweight.., Supbox and Abyss are modular with BB bridges too.. Steppe looks nice, but more expensive..

The Mixx is heavy, but such a quality feel to it.. College looks cheap but is expensive.. The other Sunbox mod is something I always wanted.. The name escapes me though.. I wanna say Stealth but that's not it.. Then there's something called the Foxy...(correction, Flexy) Ahh the Easy! Sunbox Easy.. Which I feel jump started the sbs return to popularity.. Brunhilde.. Eh, Converter.. Both don't seem worth the price tag.. Then if you want that real high class shizz.. You need a Tek Division mod.. Or the Dani sbs... Boxer dicodes/DNA sbs.. Tons of options out there...

Edited on 8/13/2021 at 8:23 PM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      8/14/2021 6:31:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
RattyRat wrote:

Couldn't resist... Bought a cheap as dirt supbox. If i like it, i may buy a BB... If i dont i still can use it as an sbs...
Converter and stratum balance still sits in the wishlist tough...
Thanks all the recommendations!

The Supbox is fat, your 22mm attys are going to look out of place on it. The Balance has issues with the 510. For 22mm attys the Flexy is better than the Balance and more comfortable.

#18 (permalink)      8/14/2021 7:46:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16131
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29798
Agree on the Supbox being fat for 22mm attys, they look out of space on the Paramour too, kind of funny on the MIXX. On the Converter most of them look weird too (IMHO)
Yep, the Balance isn't perfect 510 wise, some attys screw all the way down, others leave you with a little gap, with some silicon (or delrin/ PEI) spacers that can be sorted out. In the cave they still sell those transparent and black silicon ones, they are quasi invisible and fill out perfectly any gaps.

Look-wise (if we want to be picky...) the ones which go well: Insider, Flexy, Balance, Kizoku, Sunbox Easy, maybe (probably) the Katana, Digiflavor (never had a closer look on these two). Someone mentioned that the Kizoku feels cheap, on photos it looks aright, at least, hehe, never seen one in life.

Just about the ones, more or less available on Chinese sites.

Ps.: I'd love if they cloned the Zero Nega 2 ;)

Edited on 8/14/2021 at 7:49 AM. Reason:
#19 (permalink)      8/14/2021 9:12:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
+1 details
I'd love if they cloned the Jenna rda and rta..

So what I meant about the Tech Mod.., its plastic bits make it feel cheap, yet its still fairly heavy with the other Stainless steel bits.. But mine has functioned well and its pretty darn inexpensive I gotta say..

The compact size and white delrin pushed me to get the Balance.. I considered the Flexy.., but kept forgetting it even exists lol.. Awesome that the Balance takes 25mm... None of my others do..
#20 (permalink)      8/14/2021 9:19:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16131
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29798
+5 details
For a little reference:

You need to add around 15mm for the MIXX's size to have an idea about the original look (compared to the others it's a tour)

And just imagine that full size 22mm Dvarw on the Paramour... =)
#21 (permalink)      8/14/2021 10:09:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16131
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29798
+1 details
Tony215, The MIXX seems to take 25mm attys pretty well ;)