Reccomend me some sbs box mod
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      8/14/2021 10:09:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16119
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29790
+1 details
Tony215, The MIXX seems to take 25mm attys pretty well ;)

#22 (permalink)      8/14/2021 11:12:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
+1 details
I love my Mixx.

Heavy? Of course, it's made with quality materials.

The chip, compared to others like Swag or Pico, feels powerful. It fires instantly and the vape is more consistent.

Edited on 8/14/2021 at 11:13 AM. Reason:
#23 (permalink)      8/14/2021 11:33:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
+2 details
I've used my Mixx a lot more since my Balance clone died. Initially I has power issues when cell voltage was low, but after inspection and a Q-tip, the leftover machining dust and coolant residue was removed. Since that day, no other issues.

It looks like Sunbox, and a PA-12 version would be the ultimate China/High End cross-over...with a DNA 60.

So, let's see that happen! Sunbox print the shells and Aspire assemble and install the rest, including that DNA 60, and sell it to the consumers for $150.

All the current mod lacks is a light frame and an extensive vaping suite of options. This new collaboration gives the Mixx everything it lacks...

Come on, Aspire/Sunbox, it would be the ultimate SBS!
What does he mean when he says words?
#24 (permalink)      8/14/2021 11:49:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16119
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29790
+1 details
That looks good Gatok. Maybe even better w/o its "hat". Might have to change that I said above about 22mm attys not looking good... ;)
Just found back my 18650 XXIX SS tube which got deformed by a dent at the end and went out of use years ago. With some sanding it will be just the right length for the MIXX. Well hopefully it'd solve the problem.
Just for some straightness ;-)

I guess, for changing battery you just unscrew the tube too (?) =)
#25 (permalink)      8/14/2021 12:07:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16119
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29790
+3 details
well I like this thing more and more. (what's the use of being an excessive mech clone collector in the past...) lol!

#26 (permalink)      8/14/2021 12:10:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
+1 details
cilika wrote:

I guess, for changing battery you just unscrew the tube too (?) =)

Yes, is way easier.

#27 (permalink)      8/14/2021 5:14:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2698
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2167
+1 details
For what it's worth, I'll add my vote for the Mixx too.

Is it the best mod in the world? Nope. Is it the prettiest mod in the world? Nope. Is it a light, pocket-friendly SbS mod? Nope.

But it's solid, the paintwork seems impervious to scuffs and scratches, the chip-set is a good one (offering volts as well as watts is a plus in my book), and for the price, I really don't think one can go wrong with it imho.
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#28 (permalink)      8/14/2021 5:39:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2171
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8361
+1 details
A got ma (orchid) blue one in a flash sale
cause it was cheap and a liked the look o it
no disappointed at all,
just ordered a 21700 battery tube for it (elsewhere)
fancyin another mixx in frosted yellow,
be interestin tae see the weight difference between the two
#29 (permalink)      8/15/2021 3:44:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2171
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8361
+1 details
cilika wrote:

Tony215, The MIXX seems to take 25mm attys pretty well ;)

and 26.29mm AFC ring on a Joyetech Riftcore Solo ;)

#30 (permalink)      8/16/2021 2:07:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 331
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos188
macranife wrote:

just ordered a 21700 battery tube for it (elsewhere)

So you can convert the Mixx into a 21700 mod? That's a huge plus if so.
All you guys seem to love the Mixx, guess I pick one up when it's on sale somewhere.
I also love the look of the balance(clone sood here). So tiny so cute, only reason i haven't bought it yet because I think it's a bit overpriced... Not expensive but don't know if that clone worth that money they ask for it here.
Also like the converter too, because it is the cleanest mod I ever saw. I don't really care that you can made it into a regulated tube mod... But it is so simple. No pointless usb port that I'll never use, no pointless buttons, only one button, and I don't even need more, I find the wattage I use once then I usually don't even tuch it anymore. Also you can rotate the button (and the atomizers air intake). So yeah... Clean and simple, and also a bit pricy for what it relly is, still not an expensive mod but you can buy better for taht knd of money (referring to the prices here on ft) :D
But surely will pick up a Mixx tho'. So thanks all the suggestion. Also is it worth to buy coloured mixx? How fast will the paint wear off?

Ps: you guys said the supbox is fat for 22mm attys... Thats okay really, I hope I'll like that kind of pod system, if so I definitely pick up an SXK BB too maybe even a DNA version. Any must have accessories/RBAs for the supbox if i like it tight and rebuildable? I pref af between 0,8-1,2mm.

Edited on 8/16/2021 at 2:25 AM. Reason: Typos
#31 (permalink)      8/16/2021 2:28:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
RattyRat wrote:

So you can convert the Mixx into a 21700 mod? That's a huge plus if so.
All you guys seem to love the Mixx, guess I pick one up when it's on sale somewhere.
I also love the look of the balance(clone sood here). So tiny so cute, only reason i haven't bought it yet because I think it's a bit overpriced... Not expensive but don't know if that clone worth that money they ask for it here.
Also like the converter too, because it is the cleanest mod I ever saw. I don't really care taht you can made it into a regulated tube mod... But it is so simple. No pointless usb port that I never use, no pointless buttons, only one button, and i dont even need more, I find the wattage I use than I usually dont even tuch it anymore. Also you can rotate the button (and the atomizers air intake). So yeah... Clean and simple, and also a bit pricy for what it is really (referring to the price here on ft) :D
But surely

You can buy the 21700 conversion kit from Aspire's store on Ali. You can also find the Mixx for forty to forty five bucks, just search google.

The Balance clones have various issues such as a weak 510, most attys can't screw all the way down causing a noticeable gap, the screen issues develop over time and even completely black out, the buttons on the white POM one don't match the white body and it becomes very noticeable over time, sometimes the wattage changes by all itself for one or two vapes. All of mine have been put back in their pelican cases and shelved now.

But you can easily swap out the clone DNA60 chip in the Balance clone for a genuine one.

Edited on 8/16/2021 at 2:32 AM. Reason: