please FT bring this MOD
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#91 (permalink)      9/5/2021 5:15:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2795
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2250
+2 details
Hiko9 wrote:

Incidentally on the subject of my drippers, i'm currently vaping an IGO-S i bought in 2013. How many devices from 2013 are still in daily use?

There are a surprising number of people who quietly still use their Original Kayfun Lites. They may have moved on from silica to cotton over the years, but they simply found something that worked consistently, and stuck with it. Good for them! :)

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#92 (permalink)      9/5/2021 7:57:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5688
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5471
+2 details
analogueman wrote

There are a surprising number of people who quietly still use their Original Kayfun Lites. They may have moved on from silica to cotton over the years, but they simply found something that worked consistently, and stuck with it. Good for them! :)

Indeed, that's why i still drip 8 years+ on lol

Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#93 (permalink)      9/5/2021 10:49:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Improvements to the tech, Hiko9. Don't get anything twisted. Nobody made a "not good enough for vaping" statement, especially me.

I tested 18350 mode for others. Of course a higher build gives better cell life. No need to re-coil a perfectly good RTA for people who argue more than they buy...

Cilika misunderstood my meaning, and has since used it to show her true self. I've noticed her "stand-offishness" and resentment ever since my short review on the Balance clone. She takes my reviews as personal attacks, when nothing could be further from the truth.

I used to think she/he was okay, too, until just recently. Oh well, I just won't loan her any more rebate points next time she makes a thread asking for them...I WON'T call names, or make something out of nothing.

Edited on 9/5/2021 at 10:56 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#94 (permalink)      9/7/2021 9:34:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16430
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29901
+3 details
I think, those who started vaping in 2013-14 (or before) straight or almost straight on mech mods and rebuildables (for lack of many other options, especially if you were in Europe), and used all the 18xxx range, could find - quite clearly - that even 18350-18500 cells have improved some since. Not as much as we would've wished, but some, definitely.

...Don't get anything twisted...

I don't think Hiko did. Neither did others here. Hmm...Did you notice that even in this thread, almost everyone was quasi accused by you of misunderstanding or twisting around your words?

What really blown up this thread was my very first phrase in post #8. Simple as that. Still I haven't got the clue what I misunderstood (or because I cited only one sentence of yours, what made it "out of context"?) But never mind, probably I'll never know lol! (at least you didn't manage to tell me)
From that point, anything I was trying to say was considered as a rant, etc. as an attack for your person by you, it seemed.

What on the earth I took "as a personal attack" in the Stratum discussion I won't ever know either. One likes or dislikes some gear, it's really up to anyone's personal taste. But true, I found some little details slightly "annoying" in that discussion, and it wasn't the first time.
Just one, I can suddenly recall, you insisted calling a $40+ mod a cheap disposable gear, might be for you and many but far from for everyone.
(oh if we can avoid it now, please, don't start a debate on who can afford what, and so on, blah blah, it's not the point. It was just one of your "statements" from great many, a lot wouldn't be ready to share. Finally, we are on an international cheap chinese gadget forum, but we are here for different reasons...)

Funniest part, you remind me to that $1.20. ROFL.
In nearly 9 years it was the first and only time I asked for borrowing some RP for the reason that I could gift the right amount to someone for a certain item. which I returned to you in 2 weeks or so (Search, if you've never noticed it. Even thanked it to you in a post)

Now please, just forget about my name, my existence, find someone else for discharging your imbalances, go on with all the rest, I wish you good luck in life. =)

#95 (permalink)      9/7/2021 10:17:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4368
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16226
+4 details
I would have though it would be utterly impossible to get on cilikas bad side … she’s one of the nicest, most helpful members of this forum for as long as I can remember.
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#96 (permalink)      9/7/2021 10:34:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12840
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19590
+2 details
LOL
See that this is still going on a week later.

Well, Cilika is no fan of mine but she truly is likely the last person on this forum to be arguing with, at least to such a degree.

She knows her stuff.

Well, nothing else need be said but gunning for Cilika is the last person here you should be.
#97 (permalink)      9/7/2021 11:21:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SuperSpace
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 257
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos305
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Improvements to the tech, Hiko9. Don't get anything twisted. Nobody made a "not good enough for vaping" statement, especially me.I tested 18350 mode for others. Of course a higher build gives better cell life. No need to re-coil a perfectly good RTA for people who argue more than they buy... Cilika misunderstood my meaning, and has since used it to show her true self. I've noticed her "stand-offishness" and resentment ever since my short review on the Balance clone. She takes my reviews as personal attacks, when nothing could be further from the truth.I used to think she/he was okay, too, until just recently. Oh well, I just won't loan her any more rebate points next time she makes a thread asking for them...I WON'T call names, or make something out of nothing.

Please stop being a little bitch dread boy.

Thank you for your understanding.

#98 (permalink)      9/7/2021 11:24:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8759
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31407
+2 details
SuperSpace wrote:

@Viking65: Richy7 is posting with his alt account again:(
Please make it stop!

#99 (permalink)      9/7/2021 11:26:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 787
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

In my opinion, they should have left this function out, as it is the main reason the 18650 mode can be a little "janky" at times.It's the seam where the mod breaks apart.

This is the thing that puts me off this mod.

I'm not getting into the are 18350s good/bad arena, but they (and 18500s) just don't have a high enough Amp rating, or capacity, for my vaping preferences and I would have no practical use for the mod in 18350 mode.

My problem is I have no faith in the long term reliability of the press-together electrical connections in the two halves of the mod - I would prefer a simple one-piece housing where it relies on solid connections.

#100 (permalink)      9/7/2021 11:34:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SuperSpace
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 257
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos305
airwinny wrote:

SuperSpace wrote:

@Viking65: Richy7 is posting with his alt account again:(
Please make it stop!

I would ask you to do the same Airwhiny but i know it is beyond your capabilities :)

#101 (permalink)      9/7/2021 12:10:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Crispycritters wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
In my opinion, they should have left this function out, as it is the main reason the 18650 mode can be a little "janky" at times.It's the seam where the mod breaks apart.

This is the thing that puts me off this mod.

I'm not getting into the are 18350s good/bad arena, but they (and 18500s) just don't have a high enough Amp rating, or capacity, for my vaping preferences and I would have no practical use for the mod in 18350 mode.

My problem is I have no faith in the long term reliability of the press-together electrical connections in the two halves of the mod - I would prefer a simple one-piece housing where it relies on solid connections.

Well, my solution is full time 18650 mode. Not too worried about the connections, I don't plan to let them see the light of day. 18350 is cute, and bonus for dna60 chip, but this is a single 18650 mod at heart, with the option for stealth.

Edited on 9/7/2021 at 12:11 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?