please FT bring this MOD
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      8/24/2021 5:46:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

I write reviews, I buy lots of vape gear. I have opinions, and I share them. You don't have to agree. Doesn't mean I'm going to change my mind. I give MY opinion, no one else's. Others like to let me do all the work, so they can swoop in and pick over every little thing, trying to start an argument.

#42 (permalink)      8/24/2021 5:51:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12831
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19573
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

As long as we understand each other, doll.

LOL

Condescending little prick with a twist of misogyny on top.

#43 (permalink)      8/24/2021 6:06:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16424
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29898
+1 details
Yeah, that "doll" was a bit poor
=D
#44 (permalink)      8/24/2021 6:13:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
cilika wrote:

Yeah, that "doll" was a bit poor
=D

Eh, not when I say it to you. You ain't Still.Me, just like I'm not DJ.

Don't let her influence you. That would be terrible.

What does he mean when he says words?
#45 (permalink)      8/24/2021 7:01:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
Hiko9 wrote:

I vape this setup because cotton wicks and VG make my throat swell up, feels tight, weird. not good.

PG and silica are okay

I think the vapourisation temp of PG is less than that of VG, PG does not give thick clouds, so i don't get the kind of thick, almost chewy vape i used to get at 16-18w with 40% VG. 100PG isn't common so it is kind of hard to compare.

It vapes because the wire gets up to temperature, it's just a small coil and wick so the vapour amount is commensurate with that. The aerodynamics of a well designed, TINY atomisation chamber increases "effective cloud"

Explaining the best i can. Cloud chaser rig it's not. But it vapes well enough.

Have you tried Cellucotton? I still have some from years ago but seldom use it anymore although it does wick well.
I've enjoyed reading your posts here. True old school vapes still working for some today like my gennies.

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#46 (permalink)      8/31/2021 6:59:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
The Dovpo/BP "EIEIO" or something arrived yesterday, a quick look and the mod seems good quality, with tight seams, shiny stainless and nice anodizing. A nice type C cable is included, better than most, as well as a 24mm 510 plate (22mm comes installed) and a cute 18350 adapter. all necessary tools and o-rings have spares, always a nice touch with BP products.

Each 510 plate locks into place with a bayonet-style locking system, it can be tough to remove. The 24mm plate is flat and holds up to 24mm attys, while the 22mm plate is 24mm diameter with a bevel allowing 22mm and less.

To change into 18350 mode is a bit of a committment...the short 18350 plate installs with 2 included torq screws. The 18650 mode reqires no screws, and locks together by tightening the battery tube itself. There is ample room for double wrapped batteries, and the battery door is easy to grab and spin. threads are smooth enough, no issues to mention with build. The biggest problem i have is changing 510 plates, there isn't much to grab on...same thing with the battery tube knurling - it is identical, and could be better.

The fire, adjustment buttons are fine, nice and shiny, and clicky. the adjustment buttons are small are flush, making them tricky to adjust at first. Typical DNA 60 button presses and features. Escribe loaded up immediately, and a small LED lights up under the USB. Device has presets loaded as "DNA 60 small screen" at first load-up.

This mod is a great match to their "Hilt" style mosfet mod, it looks similar while staying small and adding loads of features from Evolv. This mod is very similar, size wise, to the SXK Alieno. They are the same height and feel slim in the hand, a nice small mod, though Still not in the league of the YIHI Stratum 18650 mod, size- wise.

Edited on 8/31/2021 at 7:01 PM. Reason:
#47 (permalink)      8/31/2021 8:50:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
#48 (permalink)      8/31/2021 9:08:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Karebopapo
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2020
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:
[quote][/quote]
Wowwww mate u already bought it..how is it bro.. worth or not 😅😅😅
#49 (permalink)      9/1/2021 3:02:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5688
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5470
+2 details
It's all about the power you take from a cell. The closer you get to a cell's limit, the less you will get from it
Push a 25R really hard and you'll only get 1500mah from it before it's flat

This really hurts a small cell like a 18350. I'm still testing how my YDL18350Ds behave under load. They seem to like 5.5w fine.

It's all well and good saying that 5.5w isn't a common vape - in 2021 it probably isnt. In 2013 when i started, it was the norm. Most cigalikes were 3-5w

the volts-amps are really irrelevant apart from as a component of the wattage that reaches the coil. If you're vaping 4.4v at say 8w that's because you're using a lot of turns of thin kanthal to keep the resistance up. That's fine, such a coil is probably more efficient than mine. But you have to use a boost regulator to boost single cell battery voltage to that 4.4v and those aren't efficient.

The 1.65v (ish) devices i use, use PWM to step down their battery volts to 1.65v. This is highly efficient. Balances out. I estimate, depending on hardware used, that if you could get that 4.4v down to 3.0-3.3 and use PWM to get there your battery would last ~15-20% longer.

I am a lazy person, and my DIY eliquid seems to be very clean and gunks coils very slowly. With dry burning, i like to get a long time out of my coils so i need a rugged coil (i've had one last 11 months as my sole vape)

This is because i use fat (0.3mm) kanthal to make these tiny but tough coils down at the 0.55 ohms needed

5.5w is unusual in 2021. The rest is just a different tune. That's really my point. You can make just about anything work with tuning - with some caveats. I tried to vape a single Eneloop X AA at 0.2 ohms for my 5.5w and it did kinda work but i think i damaged the AAs, they don't like to charge anymore after 30 or so cycles of that.

The joyetech batpack is a good mod but they fucked it up real bad - the edge of it tapers, even at the bottom. Which makes it about as stable as a feminist at a strip club. Breathe hard near it and it falls over.

Edited on 9/1/2021 at 3:25 AM. Reason:
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#50 (permalink)      9/1/2021 6:27:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
still enjoying this little guy...Be sure to adjust Escribe settings, and reduce stand by time, as it comes set at 60 seconds...I usually am satisfied with 15 seconds.

After 1 tank of juice through my fave tank, about 35 or 40 puffs, the battery gauge shows "full", even at 44 watts!

Of course, 35 watts and lower is desirable for 18650, just for battery life on a DNA 60.

Havent tried 18350 mode, but will over the weekend.

very comfy in hand, works well for lefties! righties are fine too....
One thing to mention is short 510 pins way not register to this mod. So far, my Taifun Gx and DoggyStyle are unusable with this mod for me, though I haven't done any switching of 510 plates or adjustments, this was just an initial problem that needed to be mentioned.

Yes, i would buy it again! Very nice, even a bit "high end" looking and feeling. Nice job by BP!
#51 (permalink)      9/1/2021 6:42:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Karebopapo
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2020
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
carrion4worm wrote:

still enjoying this little guy...Be sure to adjust Escribe settings, and reduce stand by time, as it comes set at 60 seconds...I usually am satisfied with 15 seconds.

After 1 tank of juice through my fave tank, about 35 or 40 puffs, the battery gauge shows "full", even at 44 watts!

Of course, 35 watts and lower is desirable for 18650, just for battery life on a DNA 60.

Havent tried 18350 mode, but will over the weekend.

very comfy in hand, works well for lefties! righties are fine too....
One thing to mention is short 510 pins way not register to this mod. So far, my Taifun Gx and DoggyStyle are unusable with this mod for me, though I haven't done any switching of 510 plates or adjustments, this was just an initial problem that needed to be mentioned.

Yes, i would buy it again! Very nice, even a bit "high end" looking and feeling. Nice job by BP!

ok adjust escribe for the screensaver is it?so can safe more batteries life.from what web u buy this mod my friend.can u share with me? fasttech not bring it in yet 😔😔😔