please FT bring this MOD
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#81 (permalink)      9/3/2021 1:29:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8759
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31407
+2 details
analogueman wrote:

Stop drooling over them, man!

#82 (permalink)      9/3/2021 2:03:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16430
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29901
+1 details
Careful Air, you're going too far... =) You're saying that they are perfect for you, it's even worse than considering them good! As to me, I can't remember ever writing a phrase here like "18350's are good", was just trying to give C4W some hint about how different vape-habits we can have. But that was at least a week ago?? Hell would've thought that it'd start a war...

But after even ES you'll be found too to have some problems with your reading comprehensions,
and even more... hehe

About the "doll", it's really not a problem, somehow I didn't expect any better from him.

Edited on 9/3/2021 at 2:06 PM. Reason:
#83 (permalink)      9/3/2021 2:25:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5946
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+3 details
"How I control her posts is beyond me."

You don't control hers or anyone elses, you control yours. It's like most of what I have been trying to help you figure out.

"So, you support her attacking me, because why?"

I said mean hurtful things about SS, if she then attacks me over it do I go to you and say why is she coming at me I don't get it. No I fully support SS's right to say and act how ever she feels about it. That is my consequence to deal with is it not? It's just basics of being an adult in the world.

Are you super fucking high, or do you just not understand? This is feeling like a lost cause. I came into this with sympathy for someone, and man that just keeps dwindling with all your sad attempts at insulting me. Look if you want to insult me do better, if you want to be a grown man it is about more than you own a house and you own a business. Baby step your way into a deeper understanding that for your own sake. You feel like someone who has just stopped aging mentally at a very young age. Did you have a head trauma, or a kid when you were perhaps to young to understand how to care for it? Something in life seems to have dwarfed you mentally. You claim to be 53 but the way you rush to try and make things someone else's "fault" seems so deeply immature.

Due to the fact that you may not comprehend this, I have never cared what her argument is. I see you getting bullied online and you don't know how to deal with it. So I am trying to spoon feed you baby bird a way of not being picked on. God damn I feel like I need to make you a fucking adult coloring book with simple little pictures to illustrate you out of your own fucking asshole...

Your words here, "No, I think there is a reason I'm here, and it's bigger than a few trolls." So your the teaching ohms law fucking superhero of FT? Do you have a cape? Bigger reason, you are getting laughed at all fucking day and I pity you, and try and help, and I get your just constant barrage of stupidity dribbling down my screen, and God damn I am nice about it but every thing has it's limits does it not? So spare me your sage knowledge of the mythical lipo battery, lol. I would shrivel and die in your world, dude your a white guy with fucking dreadlocks in 2021 your world is of your own making.
#84 (permalink)      9/3/2021 3:10:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8866
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20396
+1 details
juicy fasttech drama and there isn't a line of people chomping at the bits to get in the middle of it. what happened to this place.
"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#85 (permalink)      9/3/2021 6:19:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Again, i refer to the technology used in 18350 cells. It is commonly known as poor, and has nothing to do with use or enjoyment, as long as you aren't using a mech or something silly, there are plenty of reasons to own some, and they have a place like anything else. Doesn't remotely make them good, just "good enough".

The technology is old, and bad. 18650 cells started off quite poor as well, and 18500 never caught on either. Only 18650 benefitted from the extra lifetime and eventually utilized new technology, making the cells good, and for a while, available to the general public.

Listen, I know everybody wants to be a special snowflake, and they are, in their own way. Still, it seems that every time I give a simple fact with data, or use terms like "most" or "many", people get all riled up, because they are different, and "how dare I" give generalizations that don't apply to them....that's great and all, but all it does is state the obvious and derail conversations into arguments. I don't talk about shit that I don't know about, as I've proved here countless times. Bad, old tech that unfortunately was passed on without an update....it happens all the time, and will continue to happen.

Edited on 9/4/2021 at 1:42 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#86 (permalink)      9/3/2021 6:36:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Eternal, damn, stop whining, lol.

WE GET IT. Sheila ruled your ass, lol

how can anyone keep up with your stream of consciousness posts? Who's 53? when did Still.Me become your topic? I doubt my "being high" has anything to do with your rambling posts, where you project your fragile psyche on me. I'm Alpha around here, not a victim. You are all confused, padawan.

dude, you need to deal with your issues over still.me. She has beaten you down to nothing.

Remember what DJ said last time?

"Be a lion" lol

I don't need, and never asked for any help from anyone. Don't need it, thanks. It's not help. lol, it's a CRY for help lol. I see you've gone from "caring mentor I don't want" to "another mad wannabe that can't have his way"

Don't care, and I LOVE ostrich pimples! If you don't toughen up a little, you'll always have to hide from Still.Me. It's a shame, you used to have some good posts about vaping, until she ran you off....

I'd worry about you. Look what I've done to you in just a few posts. You so mad

lol! You should have stayed quiet. I don't want a fanclub.

Edited on 9/4/2021 at 2:03 AM. Reason:
#87 (permalink)      9/4/2021 7:49:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wiralPirate
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 33
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos9
Damn, never thought this thread will turn into Reddit esque words war, but I ain't complaining *grabs popcorn*.
#88 (permalink)      9/4/2021 12:06:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
wiralPirate wrote:

Damn, never thought this thread will turn into Reddit esque words war, but I ain't complaining *grabs popcorn*.

If the popcorn is still warm, throw some Milk Duds in there, and give the bag a good shake.

I still do it every time I go to the movies.

Enjoy!

#89 (permalink)      9/4/2021 11:28:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Okay, back to the mod.

I had an issue, 2 in fact, since HEAVILY using this mod for three days straight, and it's worth mentioning, as this mod is twice the price of regular mods.

The mod is cool in 18350 mode, and actually performs very well for a short time with .5, 28 watt DoggyStyle on top. Cute, very pocketable. In my opinion, they should have left this function out, as it is the main reason the 18650 mode can be a little "janky" at times.

It's the seam where the mod breaks apart. As mentioned, in 18350 mode the mod is perfect, as there is no seam, no battery tube to tighten. Just a tiny dna 60 mod, minus the usb c, with a standard screw in battery cap.

In 18650 mode, The mod, unless tightened very well on the battery tube, will loosen at times, and the seam never "seems" to close up all the way. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but this mod should be used one way or the other. !8350 mode adds 2 torq screws to hold on the bottom adapter, while 18650 mode needs to be screwed extremely tight in order to look and perform it's best. It REALLY sucks that 18350 mode loses the USB C, but even so, this IS the best/only/number 1 DNA60 18350 mod available in the mainstream, and it's worth having if that's your jam.

I wish the 18650 mode was 1 piece and more streamlined, leaving out the "jack of all trades" approach and concentrating on the underserved "medium end" vape market. Still, even with a couple minor flaws, this mod has stayed in my pocket all week since getting it. It's not quite as thin and light as my Stab Alieno, or as small as the Stratum V4, but it's easily in my top 5 current fav 18650 mods.

Edited on 9/4/2021 at 11:33 PM. Reason:
#90 (permalink)      9/5/2021 4:26:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5688
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5471
+3 details
The "tech" involved in 18350s is exactly the same as in 18650s. They may happen to use slightly different chemistries, being that the major manufacturers you've heard of (panasonic/sanyo lg samsung) don't make one and it's typically been left up to the flashlight and camera industry to sort out cells like 16340, 14500, 18350

It's no wonder you don't care for 18350s if you're trying to take 28 watts from one. That's quite a lot of power even for an 18650. My 21700s aren't even rated for that (continuous - LG M50). Instead of looking at the amps rating, look at the discharge curve. you'll notice that above a certain current the output voltage starts to really sag. This is when your discharge is shortening cell lifespan significantly. I like to be gentle to batteries, I think i'd specify 2x18650 (ideally in series and balanced) for 28w.

The main problem i had is this whole "18350 not good enough for vaping" statement. I've said it myself when i was a higher power vaper and i think that's why it bugs me a bit when i read it. 18350 is fine, when used in its comfort zone. All cells are.

We do agree on one thing though, DNA type mods (adjustable buck-boost plus display) and 18350 is not a long runtime config even at lower watts - the small cells really show up the inefficiency of such boards.

Lastly, I have been conversing with Cilika here for many years. They have always been a productive and pleasant member of this community. This community needs people with experience of YEARS of hardware and how vaping has changed over the years, otherwise we lose the knowledge to teach others about the vast variety of options we have available.
I wouldn't be vaping today if not for the 14mm drippers i use. And probably wouldn't be vaping today if all mods were the size of those 200w montrosities that take 3 cells. Incidentally on the subject of my drippers, i'm currently vaping an IGO-S i bought in 2013. How many devices from 2013 are still in daily use?

Edited on 9/5/2021 at 4:29 AM. Reason:
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#91 (permalink)      9/5/2021 5:15:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2795
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2250
+2 details
Hiko9 wrote:

Incidentally on the subject of my drippers, i'm currently vaping an IGO-S i bought in 2013. How many devices from 2013 are still in daily use?

There are a surprising number of people who quietly still use their Original Kayfun Lites. They may have moved on from silica to cotton over the years, but they simply found something that worked consistently, and stuck with it. Good for them! :)

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...