[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
Is the "Golden Age" of vaping over ??
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/16/2021 1:00:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 619
  • Reviews 68
  • Kudos451
+2 details
Is the "Golden Age" of vaping over ??
There's very little new these days unless you're into pods, billet box derivatives, or even worse the dreaded disposables.
There's even disposable tanks FFS ??

Where's the new stuff, the innovations ??
I faithfully peruse the "New" section of the website on an almost daily basis and there's nothing there for me...It's just not here, most of the Chinese sites are just the same....A desert of good quality fairly priced vape gear.

Is it all over for all us old hands ??
www.blackhacks.website
#2 (permalink)      11/16/2021 1:42:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 421
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos318
Hi blackhack, don't think so. I think the golden Age is still there, with original RTA's designed all over the World and produced by chinese Factories which deliver Quality. See a few Aspire Ones. Same with Mods. There haven't been up to now so many different Mods in really good Quality for fair Prices.
Few Years ago You were happy for a Clone that worked and that was usable after only 1 Hour of scrubbing and Ultrasonic ;-). Or buying the original for 150-200 $ after joining f....g FB Lists.
Even the Prices of Taifun's, Vapor Giants Kayfun's are going below 100 € after 3 Months on the Market. so, for me a really golden Age.
#3 (permalink)      11/16/2021 2:07:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 11701
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos31854
For me the party’s over I think. I’ve got unopened boxes of gear. I just stockpile stuff now; 3 sx minis, 2 squeezers 4 different Rta’s and a couple of drippers I can’t even remember the name of. All still in cellophane.

Saying that I have preordered an Arbiter mini elsewhere so it can’t be completely done.

Edited on 11/16/2021 at 2:09 PM. Reason:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#4 (permalink)      11/16/2021 3:01:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 13686
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20317
"Like a bat out of Wuhan I'll be gone when the morning comes. When the night is over, like a bat out of Wuhan, I'll be gone, gone, gone. Like a bat out of Wuhan I'll be gone when the morning comes."
#5 (permalink)      11/16/2021 3:17:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 205
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos124
I would more call it congested with the EU directives and what not.

Hardly over.
#6 (permalink)      11/17/2021 6:56:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JR___
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 363
  • Reviews 205
  • Kudos280
zarck wrote:

I would more call it congested with the EU directives and what not.

Limitation of 20ml nicotine per liter ?!
Compared to what Usa, India and China governments did to the vape market.

#7 (permalink)      11/17/2021 7:56:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 205
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos124
+1 details
JR___ wrote:

Limitation of 20ml nicotine per liter ?!
Compared to what Usa, India and China governments did to the vape market.

Not really, but yes, there is some kind of limitations of X ml/ml for nicotine. But there are also restrictions for tank sizes and more.

I thought that the "and what not" makes the previous statement an example that also includes other similar restrictions/bans.

I could probably have phrased it in a better way.

#8 (permalink)      11/17/2021 8:19:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12191
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos18714
+2 details
I would have suggested the Golden age ended about 2 years ago and that it is now a bit more commercial with all the pod devices for the masses.

Just came across this page. LOL. 1st Online Vape Museum

This was my first device, INNOKIN ITASTE EP
We have come a long way since then but I cant personally imagine better flavour than I have already.

For myself, I think it all began to end about the same time as squonks became quite popular only because upcoming innovation wasn't directed towards my vaping tastes, such as pods. That, the pandemic, restrictions, anti vape rhetoric all adds up after a time.

Havent used nicotine for a long time now. Apathy towards vaping set in some time ago but I consider that a healthy progression towards being free of both the smoking addiction as well as the addiction vaping created. Buying so many unnecessary devices.

Apathy = no longer having the time to look up new devices, or often the energy to follow through and buy one that might appeal to me.
Marxism is hip fascism
#9 (permalink)      11/17/2021 9:26:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 387
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos198
As a recent vaper (since 2017) I feel there is still a lot to discover, sometimes looking back -say mesh wicking) and sometimes looking forward (new aio / rba).
I’m curious to hear from more experienced vaper what have been the big “innovations” of significance.
I can think of mesh coils, Ceramic coils, replaceable fixed afc, squonk, tc, Nic salt....
I’m sure I missed lots
#10 (permalink)      11/17/2021 9:29:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2715
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos4393
+1 details
Over since Juul invaded the market and if the vape tax passes in the States completly done there. I dont take pods or disposables into account when i talk about vaping. I'm talking about open tank systems. I expect Europe and the UK to follow the pod/disponsable path so vaping the way we know it is running on its last legs.
We can't agree on everything.
#11 (permalink)      11/17/2021 9:52:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Studip
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 255
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos242
+3 details
Although I wish every smoker would jam those things up the devil's ass and vape, I can't worry about or change the future of vaping. I suspect nearly every person on this forum is stocked for life with at least an acceptable setup. Coming back here is more a curiosity, sprinkled with an occasional buy.