Is the "Golden Age" of vaping over ??
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#101 (permalink)      12/18/2021 8:18:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Macro
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos99
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

I haven't heard a single person say they consider the first few years of vape gear as a "golden age"....But...

As much as some use "rose tinted" glasses, others use "shit goggles", for protection while they shit on everyone else. Both are equally delusional.

i don't have much rose tinted glasses for Joye 510/901 cig a likes and PCC cases

the vape we get now is light years a head with what some people quit with back then but hey we didn't know any better or what was to come

#102 (permalink)      12/18/2021 9:01:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
+2 details
I started to quit cigarettes, stayed because I love the gear, lol! Good thing I didn't do it to save money, lol, because a 6.00 pack of Newports seems cheap after buying new vape gear!

But it's fun, dammit! And it really DOES work - I had tried patches, gum, water torture, and fingernail pulling...vaping beat them all!
What does he mean when he says words?
#103 (permalink)      12/23/2021 8:54:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos80
+2 details
About 20 months into vaping, I can easily say I'm fairly late to the game, and loving it!

A good example is my 3 older brothers who spent thousands on computers since the late 1980's. They would sit there playing Doom through their crappy 15 inch monitors in what looked like 8-bit graphics. I just couldn't see the excitement, and opted to wait.. So, in 2002 I bought a used PC for $200, and within a month I was recording live TV on it while viewing everything through a 48-inch big screen. I caught up quickly, and became a local 'computer guru' in no time.

Sure, I missed out on all of that primitive vape gear, but I feel no loss. I've got dozens of amazing modern mods and RTA's, and couldn't be happier. I'm really glad I got in late once again.

Golden age? I think it's here now.
#104 (permalink)      12/23/2021 9:50:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10816
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
+1 details
Brianstech wrote:

About 20 months into vaping, I can easily say I'm fairly late to the game, and loving it!

A good example is my 3 older brothers who spent thousands on computers since the late 1980's. They would sit there playing Doom through their crappy 15 inch monitors in what looked like 8-bit graphics. I just couldn't see the excitement, and opted to wait.. So, in 2002 I bought a used PC for $200, and within a month I was recording live TV on it while viewing everything through a 48-inch big screen. I caught up quickly, and became a local 'computer guru' in no time.

Sure, I missed out on all of that primitive vape gear, but I feel no loss. I've got dozens of amazing modern mods and RTA's, and couldn't be happier. I'm really glad I got in late once again.

Golden age? I think it's here now.

Lol about your brothers.

We would drop hundreds on new graphics cards every six months, new CPU's every year and a new mother board too. 😊

Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#105 (permalink)      12/23/2021 12:05:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
+1 details

all of that primitive vape gear

Yes, a dripper topped mech is truly "primitive". No-brainer and hassle-free. It is a bummer though when I have to leave the cave to scavenge iron ore to smelt for wire and the only cotton is the fur on a dinosaur's balls.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#106 (permalink)      12/23/2021 2:00:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10816
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
vape8ion wrote:

all of that primitive vape gear

Yes, a dripper topped mech is truly "primitive". No-brainer and hassle-free. It is a bummer though when I have to leave the cave to scavenge iron ore to smelt for wire and the only cotton is the fur on a dinosaur's balls.

Talk about off the grid vaping 😊

Is it ok to say "OK Boomer"?

😉😉😉😉😉

Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#107 (permalink)      12/28/2021 1:04:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 7031
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos3963
+1 details
Boomer? He is talking about fury dino balls which were pretty rare given the nature of them beasties to start with

so yeah, tad older than "Boomer" :)
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#108 (permalink)      12/28/2021 1:27:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
+2 details
It's said they didn't even boil the dino ball cotton, just rip, run, re-wick, savages!
#109 (permalink)      2/9/2022 1:10:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Timmis
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 128
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos15
I quit cigs and started building coils 11 years ago. The Profile mesh RDA/RDTA/RTA's and one shots/shortfills simplified things for me. Instead of boxes and drawers of flavor concentrates, coils, wire, mods, addy's, and tools, I now have one small drawer. I am a single 18650 mod cloud chucker for life guy still, but have settled down to less gear and supplies. Pretty stoked to have a couple Geekvape Aegis mods and a few mesh RTA's and everything is compatible and road worthy. I still get to build/wick and mix juices but it's quick and easy and takes up less space and uses less gear. The golden age is still here for me, just scaled down a lot. Unfortunately living in New York, vaping never really was that popular because the bars and restaurants banned it to the sidewalk and media convinced many it was unhealthy (popcorn lung anyone?). Not until the Juul was in every gas station and classroom did you see more people vaping but most of them were still smoking, and the kids just loved the mango flavor and nic buzz. Big Tobacco still rules in New York sadly. Every vape shop i ever went to is long gone.

Edited on 2/9/2022 at 1:39 AM. Reason:
#110 (permalink)      2/10/2022 8:09:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3948
  • Reviews 106
  • Kudos4466
For me the golden age of vaping is over, I don't vape so much nowadays, maybe 20ml daily. 37 years on the cigs and given in to the fact I would smoke till the day I died. Vaping came along,was happy to chain vape forever but not the case anymore. As time goes by I struggle to find flavours I enjoy, in fact I now feel the negative impact vaping has on my airways, nothing like cigs though.

I still feel the need to vape, habit of a lifetime I guess.

The Golden age(of) to me is the transition from stinkies.
#111 (permalink)      2/11/2022 12:15:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5687
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5470
The golden age of enthusiast vaping is over for me, that market is all cloud chaser gear.
I started in 2013 and my enthusiasm has waned over the interrim years. What i want now is a simple, reliable, consistent, efficient device of low maintenance.

Mix juice once a year, recoil my atty maybe every 7-9 months. Costs about the same for a year as smoking for a week would.

I can make fixed voltage mods work. I've been saying for many years that all i need is one fixed voltage. PWM it for efficiency, i don't need a display i just need one button. The closest i've ever seen were the joyetech batpack, which i have 5 of, and the Digiflavor Helix, which I have 3 of. The helix is ideal and it was really cheap. Paid more for atomisers.

Remember the old old old ego batteries that had a 3.3v PWM mode? if they'd made something roughly sized like a 650mah ego but that took a 14500 (like a 14500 version of the ego mega) and had that mode i would never have moved away from that and 14mm drippers in 2013-14. I'd still be using it now.

The last atomisers i bought were 14mm squonk atties which i have since converted to top feed RDA use, they don't make 14mm RDAs anymore

They don't really make vape gear for me anymore, i had to buy a whole ulton satmod kit just for the 14500 mech. So my golden age of vaping is over.

All the pod systems and low effort tanks are what the business needs. Most people who would have been enthusiasts already are or have been at this point. Now the market mostly needs no-effort devices people who don't give a shit about vaping beyond saving money and health can pick up, fill, and use. I'm told that modern pod stuff is better than the CE/EGO stuff we had in 2013. If that's so, nonenthusiasts can now get an acceptable vape and without having to mess around, kick the stinkies.

So in that sense the golden age has just begun.

Edited on 2/11/2022 at 12:43 AM. Reason:
Green Screwdriver for LIFE