Question for Lost Vape fanboys
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/21/2022 11:13:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
+2 details
Thank you all for the answers. I appreciate it.

Tomorrow we'll get out of the doubt, with both in hand.

Regarding 510 and battery socket soldering, will this serve the purpose?

#12 (permalink)      1/21/2022 3:09:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
$2.00 rebate earned+1 details
Gatok wrote:

Thank you all for the answers. I appreciate it.

Tomorrow we'll get out of the doubt, with both in hand.

Regarding 510 and battery socket soldering, will this serve the purpose?

If you have any materials to do some test soldering/desoldering with I would have at it to have no questions with dismantled parts on your hands.

Before you get too far along the display in the GRUS and the DNA 75Cs display differed with the GRUS display being more narrow by a small measure.
Another guess would be this will remain consistant with the newer Lost Vape product so the bed for the display may have to be made slightly wider. Try not to pull too much apart before you can access the abilities/manipulations needed to install the 100C.

There could be hidden screws in the Thelema Solo, if so the side plates with the product labeling would be my first guess. The screws I've experienced in Lost Vapes 510 are tiny torx you will likely need.

May the force be with you. ;0)

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#13 (permalink)      1/21/2022 4:41:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 331
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos189
$2.00 rebate earned+2 details
I wouldn't use a soldering iron like that on a tiny but very expensive circuit board, Soldering iron with TC is not expensive Imo... I have one and used only once... so probably was not expensive. Also, if you have to/want to change the USB port a tad more professionally I advise to get solder sucker... that vacuum pen I don't know the real english word for it.

kinda this little guy
#14 (permalink)      1/22/2022 6:25:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
+1 details
You will definitely want a smaller soldering tip, imo...any overdrip/ oversolder could be devastating to a 70.00 DNA chip, so practice first on the chip you are removing, or some other leftover electronics!

I've done this install 7 times now, and it gets easier each time! The biggest problem you will most likely face is fitment, as a chip too far forward will cause sticky buttons, while a chip too far back from the faceplate will cause button rattle. Once its wired and installed in the perfect location, run a bead of hot glue along the edges, which will hold the chip wonderfully with no worries! there are mounting holes on the chip, and they may have matching holes machined into the new mod, but it's unlikely, so hot glue always works...

If the mod you are transferring to has a seperate screen cradle/ mount, you may be able to use it for the DNA screen, but if they used a different method, you will need to come up with something...the last resort is to hotglue the screen edges to the mod window....which can work, but makes things difficult if you ever need a screen replacement.

As I always mention, Evolv has excellent customer service and technicians...they will even repair faulty installs,v lol....trust me - I know!

Edited on 1/22/2022 at 6:28 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?