You guys test away, but remember: the second you loosen the grub screws, the experiment is ruined. Be sure to use a long enough wire where you can make as many wraps as you desire, without loosening the grub screws. You can't put the wire back in " almost" the same place and expect the resistance to not change.

Also, while grub screws effectively change the length of the wire, as I mentioned in the original thread " electricity follows the path of least resistance"....while grub screws/ clamps mostly stop the current, some methods of coil fastening do a better job than others.

Any questions? Ask. While it may cause some here pain, I have the experience and know how, and have never steered anyone here wrong.
If you have forgotten, the proper experiment is documented perfectly in the original thread, which I forget, but it is a pre made Vandy vape coils thread...
Shouldn't be hard to find...

EDIt: and yes, starting the experiment with a brand new, unheated wire will skew results in most occasions...a preheated, used wire is best for testing, as anyone who's even coiled a few times will recognize the resistance "settling in" as it is glowed a bit, so don't start with new wire! Once you guys have your process in order, you will repeatedly obtain the same results - which is the beauty of science! that's why it's a "Law", not a "suggestion" or "hypothesis". I've been right (like so many other users here also from that thread) all along -- you just need to catch up! Finally, You're on the right track.