Who will be the first to go to prison for selling flavored juice or ecigarettes?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      4/17/2022 7:02:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
Vape Juice is not "big tobacco", before anyone starts believing that nonsense...there is a large lab in Nevada, and one in North Carolina, that makes then bulk of most American Brand names. They are not owned by any "Tobacco" company.

"Big Tobacco" examples in vaping are Juul and Vuse.
What does he mean when he says words?
#22 (permalink)      4/17/2022 7:13:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
+1 details
Most of us who have been at this for several years know several ways to work around any prohibition... We have amassed a vape apocalypse collection of mechanicals, attys, diy supplies to last a lifetime. Our style of vape is on the endangered list... Heavily regulated tobacco pods are the future...

Flavors are easy... Nic base can still be found here and there but, the price has skyrocketed... Customs appears to be overlooking small inbound shipments for the time being...

A dedicated vape shop will have trouble surviving without mail order... Just the layers of paper work and book keeping that is added is enough to put some out of business... Some of the larger cities can support such a venture for a while... Eventually as the markets shifts to nearly a hundred percent pods even those shops will close... Don't see the convenience stores carrying 18650's and atomizers...

It will probably stifle innovation of newer and better products... Then again did we really have innovation? I have been at this since 2009 and the verdict is "we need more study" to this day... Really? In all these years our best and brightest can't sort out if vaping is a better alternative to anologs... After watching our brightest scientist with the covid scamdemic it all makes much more sense... None of it is science driven... It's all about controlling the market and the dollar...

What is your two cents?

Edited on 4/17/2022 at 7:46 AM
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#23 (permalink)      4/17/2022 7:17:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
carrion4worm wrote:

Vape Juice is not "big tobacco", before anyone starts believing that nonsense...there is a large lab in Nevada, and one in North Carolina, that makes then bulk of most American Brand names. They are not owned by any "Tobacco" company.

And now they are regulated by BT... Well the same rules apply even to synthetic nic... The rules that BT pours money into lobbying for favorable outcomes..

It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#24 (permalink)      4/17/2022 7:44:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
+1 details
Vapor wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

And now they are regulated by BT... Well the same rules apply even to synthetic nic... The rules that BT pours money into lobbying for favorable outcomes..

Ironic, I know...especially considering your sig/avatar supports those that continue such practices...the US will never change for the better as long as mindless partisan-ism exists. The very root nature of Republican politics in the US is "bow to special interests/ money"...In fact, other than the "horror of the gays", they have no valid platform to improve/ recreate the "middle class" - which I may be the last remaining member of, lol!

While a two-party system isn't ideal, it DOES make it easy to know who's the lesser of two evils - and who fights against corporations having the last say in America. The fact that these problems exist here, and not elsewhere, shows what lobbying and special interest groups have done to America.

-this message sponsored by Amazon. Say "No" to Unionization! (Those peons would just buy drugs if we paid them more!)

#25 (permalink)      4/17/2022 7:49:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
^LOL... It's a uniparty system and they have you fooled into believing they are not working toward the same ends...
#26 (permalink)      4/17/2022 7:52:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
The same rules are popping up all over the world... China's goes into effect at the end of the month... BT has a long arm...
#27 (permalink)      4/17/2022 7:53:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
Lol, yes, I'm "fooled" when the GOP votes "no" to cap Insulin prices, and "fooled" by all the attacks on voter's rights and school teachers....don't forget all the GOP "No" votes on raising minimum wage, either!

The news is out there, if you want to see it. All members votes on specific subjects are easily available
#28 (permalink)      4/17/2022 8:09:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
It's cool you believe what you want... Funny how the two parties have been in charge for hundreds of years yet here we are... Also amazing looking at the financials of the congress critters... They all appear to be doing very well off the corporations...
#29 (permalink)      4/17/2022 8:15:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
Mitch sells votes and the democrats buy them... They can pass anything they want at anytime... If they really wanted Insulin prices they would have had them... It really is like all star wrestling...
#30 (permalink)      4/17/2022 8:23:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
+1 details
Vapor wrote:

It's cool you believe what you want... Funny how the two parties have been in charge for hundreds of years yet here we are... Also amazing looking at the financials of the congress critters... They all appear to be doing very well off the corporations...

Yes, they are doing "well" as you say. There are some that claim to want to change this (50/60% of Dems) , and others *(almost the entire GOP) that unapologetically want to maintain that "status quo" you mentioned...I just heard you earlier in this very thread complain about this ":status quo", yet you advertise brazenly the group that is most likely to KEEP THINGS THE WAY THEY ARE.

See? You seem to be voting against your own interests. Me, I own my own business, and don't feel the ONE thing the GOP has done to improve lives of the non-rich (2017 tax cuts) was an honest attempt - especially considering those cuts put the US into extreme debt, and likely were a catalyst to inflation (i.e., "price gouging/greed). Those tax cuts were aimed at the wealthy, as the 100.00 a year it "saved" me has been negated.

Most people vote along the lines of their family upbringing/ small circle of friends. To be fair to you, it takes a lot of effort to not be misled by current media, with right wing media being especially guilty of dishonest takes on reality. Good luck to you, but hopefully you'll grow to understand that you've been manipulated - you're poor and vote for the rich to get richer!

Don't ever be ashamed to vote to "take some back"!. I didn't want tanks and new rockets with my taxes, I want healthcare for all, and people need to take off the blindfold, and stop thinking the nation's future boils down to a popularity contest, or clever sound bites.

#31 (permalink)      4/17/2022 10:40:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
You don't appear to have a grasp of the tax bill... Mom and pop businesses all over the country expanded being able to fully write off the expense in the first year... My local hardware bought a new building and doubled in size, a small car parts manufacture doubled the building footprint and staff... Self employed ie: home health care for example received large breaks... I did the tax paper work for a home health care worker... She made 80,000 dollars @ 15.00 an hour... WOW the hours she worked... She received 9,000 more in deductions with the tax cut... Considering she paid 25% into SS, MED, and tax that is a chunk of change left in her pocket... You may want to have someone else do your taxes in the future...

How about a little reality for you:

The Treasury Department reported this week that individual income tax collections for FY 2018 totaled $1.7 trillion. That's up $14 billion from fiscal 2017, and an all-time high. And that's despite the fact that individual income tax rates got a significant cut this year as part of President Donald Trump's tax reform plan.