Vat - French vapers
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#71 (permalink)      5/28/2022 12:11:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FapiFapo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7926
  • Reviews 133
  • Kudos12070
1 st bad experience here with VAT.

It was my first puchase since a long time, and i haven't noticed the box "Opt-in to pre-pay EU VAT"

Thanks to cilika for the thread, i now noticed it lol. But for this order (previous to this thread) i thought VAT was automatically included in total price.

The package was splitted due to manufacturers delays.

First package went through customs without problems.

Second one is now held by customs and i have to pay 6 euros for a 22 euros atomizer.

Fail.

Edited on 5/28/2022 at 12:11 PM
GEEK IS BACK !!!, so maybe i'll be back too, sometimes.
#72 (permalink)      5/28/2022 12:33:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FapiFapo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7926
  • Reviews 133
  • Kudos12070
+1 details
I forgot to say that i'd have to pay double (12 euros !!) at delivery if i would not have done it online.

Conclusion : ALWAYS check the box, pass the message to your friends.

Edited on 5/28/2022 at 12:35 PM
#73 (permalink)      5/28/2022 3:51:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos76
+1 details
FapiFapo wrote:

It was my first puchase since a long time, and i haven't noticed the box "Opt-in to pre-pay EU VAT"

Conclusion : ALWAYS check the box, pass the message to your friends.

Indeed, the box to prepay VAT is not obvious at first sight!
@Anniepan, Fasttech should make it more visible, by enlarging and highlighting it!

Yes FapiFapo, always check the box, it will save you a lot of trouble!

As for me, I'm waiting for a replacement for a defective item I received in a previous order.
FT has put the old IOSS number on the package, so it will be a new experience with a replacement item! (With a value of $00.00)

I'll be back here to report how it went with customs when I receive the package.

Edited on 5/28/2022 at 3:57 PM
A pessimist, is just an optimist who has gained experience ..!
#74 (permalink)      5/28/2022 4:26:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos76
+2 details
@Anniepan,

In another thread I had suggested that the box for VAT be pre-checked when ordering.
Those who don't want to pay VAT could uncheck this box, but then they would have to take the consequences!

Some paid shipping methods are sometimes pre-checked, even though the order is over $20, so it's free! So why not do the same for the VAT ...!

Could you please pass this suggestion on to the relevant department?
#75 (permalink)      5/28/2022 5:26:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FapiFapo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7926
  • Reviews 133
  • Kudos12070
Tonycobweb wrote:

@Anniepan,

In another thread I had suggested that the box for VAT be pre-checked when ordering.
Those who don't want to pay VAT could uncheck this box, but then they would have to take the consequences!

Some paid shipping methods are sometimes pre-checked, even though the order is over $20, so it's free! So why not do the same for the VAT ...!

Could you please pass this suggestion on to the relevant department?

Yes.
Double that.

#76 (permalink)      5/29/2022 10:45:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11426
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5945
Tonycobweb wrote:

FapiFapo wrote:It was my first puchase since a long time, and i haven't noticed the box "Opt-in to pre-pay EU VAT"Conclusion : ALWAYS check the box, pass the message to your friends. Indeed, the box to prepay VAT is not obvious at first sight!@Anniepan, Fasttech should make it more visible, by enlarging and highlighting it!Yes FapiFapo, always check the box, it will save you a lot of trouble!.

Tonycobweb and FapiFapo, Thank you so much for your input. I have forwarded it to our departments. We'll see if other customers have the same requirements and then decide.

#77 (permalink)      5/29/2022 11:22:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 505
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos256
Making the prepaid VAT box checked by default sounds like a good idea, it’s easy to uncheck!
#78 (permalink)      5/29/2022 11:40:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16169
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29810
That would be alright, except in the cases when customers need to contact staff for different proceeding with VAT (see thread "Spanish customers issues"

So I'd rather opt for making the note "Opt-in to pre-pay EU VAT (IOSS) for hassle-free deliveries" more visible. Written in red or with thicker characters for example.
#79 (permalink)      5/30/2022 3:54:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos76
cilika wrote:

- (1) That would be alright, except in the cases when customers need to contact staff for different proceeding with VAT (see thread "Spanish customers issues"

- (2) So I'd rather opt for making the note "Opt-in to pre-pay EU VAT (IOSS) for hassle-free deliveries" more visible. Written in red or with thicker characters for example.

- (1) In this case they could uncheck the box and then contact the FT service to give their preference for VAT!

Or, as I had written in the "Spanish customers issues" thread (post #43):

"For those who don't want to take risks, as Anniepan has already mentioned several times, you can always ask for VAT to be applied on the whole invoice (including shipping costs).
You can even ask them to organize the order for you, by giving them the list of products you want to buy, and specifying how you want the VAT to be applied. As soon as the order is created, Fasttech will give you a PayPal link to pay your bill, including for vape related products, as PayPal will not know the purpose of this payment."

- (2) Ok for this, it's another possibility I had also proposed !

Edited on 5/30/2022 at 5:36 AM
#80 (permalink)      6/9/2022 10:38:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TULLOW
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2018
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos0
Bonjour et merci a tous le participants a cette discussion qui fait bien jaser.
J'ai passé une commande cette année au 27/4/2022 en cochant bien la case option paiement de la tva au départ.
Ce colis est arrivé dans ma bal le 24/05/2022 sans problème de douane a ce jour en utilisant le service d’expédition proposé par FT.Epacket routed by FT
Pour ma part je ne commande plus beaucoup en Chine,seulement des articles introuvable en France,genre glass tank qui vous sont vendu a prix d'or sur le territoire.
Certains vous le diront "c’était mieux avant" LOL.
#81 (permalink)      6/9/2022 12:24:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonycobweb
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos76
TULLOW wrote:

J'ai passé une commande cette année au 27/4/2022 en cochant bien la case option paiement de la tva au départ.
Ce colis est arrivé dans ma bal le 24/05/2022 sans problème de douane a ce jour en utilisant le service d’expédition proposé par FT.Epacket routed by FT

Salut TULLOW, mes 6 dernières commandes sont arrivées sans problème, apparemment en France ça se passe bien maintenant !

Sinon, t'as une préférence pour le pré-paiement de la TVA ?
Tu préférerais (1) que la case soit pré-cochée par défaut, ou (2) qu'elle soit juste mise en évidence pour qu'elle soit plus visible ?

Comme le dit Anniepan dans sa réponse plus haut, le staff attend de voir les avis ou les propositions des acheteurs pour prendre une décision, donc plus il y aura de réactions, plus vite FT se décidera !

Quel que soit le choix, les deux propositions auraient au moins le mérite de nous éviter des soucis en cas d'oubli !

Ça pourra être utile à des acheteurs occasionnels comme toi, ou à des acheteurs plus réguliers ..!