Airlocks
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/17/2022 5:31:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16171
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29812
carrion4worm wrote:

i've always found it to be rta dependent, some suffer worse than others, and those go to the back of the line! One thing to note: most Chinese atties are designed with 70/30 juice in mind, while many European MTL rtas (originals and their clones) use much thinner juice, ala 60/40.I've inadvertently changed juices in a rta, only to realize the current juice is 70/30, when i was previously using 80/20. Just that bit made leaks for days.

That's the far past...In Europe at least, most liquids they sell are 50/50, if not all of them, or you can choose options (which is rare today)

#12 (permalink)      5/17/2022 6:29:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2881
I hear you, Cilika, but to be safe I said 60/40...but the point remains...Chinese atties are designed with thicker juices in mind...most US sold juices are 80/20 and 70/30. Vape Wild, now defunct, was the last American company I know of that made "thin" 60/40 or less, juice.

As TY mentioned, all vyou can do is leave some air, and maybe thin out your next juice batch. i tend to be very specific with which juice goes in which atty, to avoid recurrence of issues like this.

Plus, i like to squonk, lol.
What does he mean when he says words?
#13 (permalink)      5/17/2022 8:13:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12778
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19444
philipvdb wrote:

zeus x and no problems. I changed to vanilla custard, same atty, and suddenly it was there.

No idea what it could be but I can say I have purchased and used heavily, about 10 authentic Zeus X but never had that issue.
Generally I do use 70/30 but my partner uses 50/50 for MTL and occasionally I have used a tank or two of his particular juice without any problem either.

I have used vanilla custards, various cream concoctions as well as Berry Medley type e-juice but never had that lock you speak of.
It was almost 90F here the past 5 or so days but the temp changes never cause my own vape to change.
My partner however does have the occasional issue with it doing that in the coldest of weather on an Aspire Nautilus.

#14 (permalink)      5/17/2022 8:24:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16171
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29812
Philip, I would case it in the "Mysterious things" category.

I had an other one. Sometimes I play with (very) old stuff, 3-4 times lately I set up an old RDTA. But somehow always manage to forget about them after some days and they sit on the table. (on a mod, of course)
And each time (uhh after a good month) they started weeping out of the air-holes. Bottom (Kof rdta) or top, no matter. Whatahell! They were always known not liking too much lying on their side but in standing position?? Some capillary action maybe...(?) Anyway.

Sorry for the off topic =))

Edited on 5/17/2022 at 8:59 AM