Vandy Vape Pulse Aio cracks bulletin.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/15/2022 2:21:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16160
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29809
+1 details
So there are two kind of cases that might happen with the Pulse.
Cracking issues and crackling issues. Luckily I didn't have anything else than some slight moving of the panels on the body with my first Pulse. But I really have to look for it.
I hardly use any juices that contain citric acid.

By the way it's a cracking little mod ;)
#12 (permalink)      5/16/2022 8:05:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
cilika, does the one you have just say full battery all the time? Mine has that issue, sent a message to VV.

I attempted to crack the vessel RBA tank with heat this weekend. I put a .53 ohm I think it was, dual fused clapton in it, with 7 wraps spaced 3MM, and cranked the wattage up pretty good 55W. I could have put in a much hotter build, but this one seemed some what still appropriate for the tank, but was the bigger side of that.

The build was big enough to not be an enjoyable vape with the airflow. Everyone has there own feelings on what is enjoyable so that is subjective.

I chain vaped it till the drip tip I had on it, not the included one was really hot. It did not take long, I kept going with it and used that build for 2 hours, repeatedly chain vaping it and getting it hot, letting it cool, and getting it hot.

Then I put a 1.31 ohm build made with single strand 26 gauge Kanthal, a higher ohm build but still one with some heat, that seemed more than appropriate for the deck. Running that at 25W it is a much nicer vape, have been on and off using it for the rest of the weekend. When you chain it, it heat things up, but it is not just out of the gate hot like the last build. Basically I could have done a much more hot high ohm build, this was in the not that big a deal category to me. It's been so long since I have built that way, I really wasn't sure how that was going to go. If I do any more tests like this I will probably go more wraps 24 gauge. To give it more heat than this.

So far no cracks in the RBA vessel, What I did get was liquid between the two o-rings that looks like cracks. So far so good. It might have been more difficult for it if I was in and out of cold weather doing this. I was in a constant temperature area. Also no tank cracker liquid was used, I have some citrus stuff some place if anyone wants me to attempt cracking it with that and a high heat build let me know.

All the RBA tanks will be somewhat different I am not saying you can't crack it with heat, but so far so good, this one has not been all that delicate, I don't think users should be scared of putting some heat on it. The deck has enough space to throw more at it than is even good on it due to the airflow not being big enough. Not a bad deck, not a bad vape.
#13 (permalink)      5/16/2022 8:20:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
first build: 5.4 volts

second build: 5.72 volts

cool it down a bit (a lot), you'll getter a better vape. In fact, i believe the device is 6 volts, so the "pushing it to the limit" nature of your build MAY have something to do with your battery indicator issue...at that level, once your battery is 1/4 expired, the device will start "throttling down", whether you want it to or not.

And before anyone starts complaining about "vape how you want - type stuff", remember we always need to build to the device we are using...with a low build (.2 or lower), usually 4-4.5 volts is more than enough for commercially available coil wire and juices...and on mechs, it provides quite a hit, does it not? That's 4.2 volts, WITH a fresh, newly charged cell.
What does he mean when he says words?
#14 (permalink)      5/16/2022 8:28:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
The battery indicator has been an issue from day one.

The builds were to torture test, but not go overboard. So other users could get information without doing it themselves.

I am not asking for any help I am good.
#15 (permalink)      5/16/2022 8:34:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16160
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29809
Eternal, just to avoid some confusion, in these RBAs you can use massive builds (if the deck and air-flow allows it) it won't crack your tank! Plastic cracker juices would, if the tank is acrylic or PC. (classic)

I was trying to clear out this just above, there's the "cracking" and "crackling" thing. :)
Mine hasn't cracked either. Only the heat resulted some minor deformation on the mod itself, that lead to some slight moving of the panels, a sort of crackling feeling, when you try to push the opposite corners, or the edge of the cover around the button, that's all.

For not to "crack" the mod, just avoid tightening down too much your nut (the bottom pin is adjustable as well) and avoid citric juices, (in case of leaking) that'll do :))

I tried an SS clapton build in it but prefer it with 24G plain wire. (5-6 wraps usually I use, and it's always on the cooler side)

Well, I'm having one issue with the Pulse, I get sometimes the "check atomiser" message and it needs some fiddling. But it reads the state of my battery normally.

Edited on 5/16/2022 at 9:00 AM
#16 (permalink)      5/16/2022 8:37:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
I HEAR you,ETERNAL SPLINE, but you also mentioned vaping a .3 -ish build on a Diesel at 6 volts, which is nowhere close to what "normal" vapers do - it's basically a "series" build, which has no place on a single coil Boro device.

I know this is your first, so I'd hate for you to ruin it, thinking of it as a dual coil, full size atty.

But, yes, by all means, do what you like. Good luck, and would love to see you post some photos in the Gear thread!

Edited on 5/16/2022 at 8:39 AM
What does he mean when he says words?
#17 (permalink)      5/16/2022 10:08:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
Soultaco wrote:

Thought y'all might like to read this if you are getting cracks in your AIO. TO ALL DEAR VV FAM

“While the original design was sound, the way users utilized the mod presented scenarios that weren’t easily predicted. Low ohm builds, high heat, different boro tanks, and other factors introduced the possibility for fractures that we didn’t experience in development of the mod. Service has been over and above other China manufactures, and will continue to be so. We have improved the frame, and any future warranty claims will receive this version, including any that have already been replaced and have further issues. Thank you for your patience, and support of Vandy Vape and Tony B Project”

Follow Vandy Vape for more details.

Here is why I posted it Cilika, the first post was about heat cracking. So I figured I would test mine. I also have the black version so not all things will be the same, that is why I just spoke about the actual tank and not any other parts of the mod. I am not saying heat cracking isn't possible, or anything just that a stress test of it was done by me, and it did pretty well. It wasn't all that extreme of a test. I am not suggesting anyone stress test anything, but I am not worried about breaking mine. So if users want to go with a somewhat hot build, in the RTA base mine survived but do so at your own risk. I would suggest going with a build like the one you mentioned using Cilika, that sounds good. Fused clapton's fit fine, but I think if anyone does go that route with it maybe go with smaller than what I used. The heat is to much for the airflow to keep up with.