Border protection and homeland, something
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/23/2022 3:10:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 63
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos18
Border protection and homeland, something
So I had been having packages stuck, and after emailing help here just a minute ago I got a autodial from border protection saying a package had been confiscated, sounded phony, but way weird as I'm dealing with packages that don't move in LA, anyone had one of these calls?

Especially odd as it wasnt research chemicals, or even whole vapes, just bridges and parts, panels and such, meanwhile usps remains the biggest 'dealer' in the US lol I'd imagine how much big tobacco sucks a bag but not this much, really please hahaha
#2 (permalink)      5/23/2022 5:34:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10971
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
+1 details
I would safely assume it's a spam call, expecialy if you get spam calls regularly (once a month or more).

Did the autodial ask for any information? That would be the first indication for spam. If they have your package(supposedly) they should already have your address and tracking number, and obviously your phone number already. They flagged your package so they know what the contents are. They shouldn't need any information from you.

Edited on 5/23/2022 at 5:35 PM. Reason:
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#3 (permalink)      5/23/2022 5:52:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10971
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
+1 details
Everybody knows those calls about "your cars extended warranty". I took a minute just to follow the prompts for shots and giggles. They asked for the make\model\year and VIN number.... They should know all of that if they supposedly know my warranty is up.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#4 (permalink)      5/23/2022 8:38:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 63
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos18
+1 details
Voicemail didn't ask for anything aside from press 1 to talk to someone, gotta be spammer scammer junk but quite strange I have a package from ft that seems to have been stuck since 4/30, and few more still passing through customs, could mean anything on a customs failure, just weird as I've lost packages to customs but never gotten a call as we've now gotten really weird on vapemail

I've definitely gotten car warranty calls, now that shite is out of control, I guess it's a new angle
#5 (permalink)      5/23/2022 9:07:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 32410
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos64362
Skeeeets wrote:

Everybody knows those calls about "your cars extended warranty"

I get like 6 of them a day.

Funny thing is they manipulate the phone numbers so that you are more likely to answer.

Called one back just to see and I got an insurance company (not auto related) I dealt with 2 years ago.

I asked why did you call me and she said we didn't call you, your case was closed 2 years ago.

She quickly said I am going to forward this to the IT department.

So yeah any call that is recorded is mostly a scam.

@Ericsgreen

If it was border protection or customs, they would have a real person call you, not a robot.

Edited on 5/23/2022 at 10:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#6 (permalink)      5/25/2022 8:41:40 PM US Central  
BannedAlt13
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMay 2022
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Message removed by a moderator (SPAM)
#7 (permalink)      5/26/2022 4:47:07 PM US Central  
SirDab
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMay 2022
  • Posts 17
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
#8 (permalink)      5/26/2022 6:50:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 63
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos18
+1 details
Agree, thanks for input, I would've disregarded entirely of I hadn't sent email about a stuck package here 1 hour before the call, maybe that's relevant in the same way as number manipulation, it made me think it's such a narrow scam, how many folks would ever have packages coming from overseas at any one time, all of us do, usually several
#9 (permalink)      5/27/2022 6:55:57 AM US Central  
SirDab
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMay 2022
  • Posts 17
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0