So, how about the 70W Sevo chip?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/7/2022 3:00:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16458
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29996
So, how about the 70W Sevo chip?
The question is. Obviously it's about boro devices.:))
Is it reliable? I rather mean in wattage mod.

If I ever used TC it'd be for squonkers, but always way more preferred mech boxes for it. Or for dripping but just can't get any-more around it .

Please, don't compare it to DNA, obviously it's not up to the same level, or if you do, give some details about the differences.
#2 (permalink)      7/7/2022 4:15:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ckejjOmega
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 1636
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos6301
+2 details
it's reliable in wattage. i have one that's a couple of years old and still working. If you arent planning to use temp control, the sevo 70w chip is fine imo. it's not as accurate or effecient as a DNA. The main benefits of the DNA60 chip are to do with accuracy of both power output and reading resistances, as well as the way it performs temp control. All of these are of little benefit if only using wattage mode.
#3 (permalink)      7/7/2022 4:29:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 531
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos270
+1 details
I have the bb clone by sxk and I’m quite happy with the vapor delivered over the past year or so…
Mind you I‘m a small time player, not asking much from my gear, and getting the satisfaction I can expect out of it.
Mostly Ka1 round wire. Mostly wattage mode. Rarely above 15W. Sometimes « mech » mode. Seldom TC with SS Clapton.
Happy with sevo 70.
#4 (permalink)      7/7/2022 4:32:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2853
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2304
+1 details
ckejjOmega wrote:

The main benefits of the DNA60 chip are to do with accuracy of both power output and reading resistances, as well as the way it performs temp control. All of these are of little benefit if only using wattage mode.

Absolutely. Using the chip in power only on a non-Boro tank mod, I've had no issues with it either. Hasn't died on me or anything, though I don't drive it particularly hard (30 watts/6 volts).

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#5 (permalink)      7/7/2022 5:34:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
+3 details
very reliable, overall. Remember, the "Sevo 70" has a very long history, originally appearing in early Asmodus products as the "Ares", and even appearing in early high end mods - with joystick navigation, no less.

A long history only forms opinions on reliability of the chip itself, however...every problem I've ever had with Sevos was usually vape manufacturer related (poor solder joints, bad wiring) and maybe, on one occasion - juice immersion, but I can't be certain of that, as the chip in question looks perfectly fine to this day - it just has the "sticky wattage button" malady that some Sevo owners describe, where the wattage moves by itself until maxing, or minimizing itself out.

Good reliable chip - I have 5 or 6 still in action, all many years old. one of the first chips with user controlled "curves".
What does he mean when he says words?
#6 (permalink)      7/7/2022 5:49:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LukeV
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 184
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos123
+1 details
I have a few mods with them and have never had any problems. Using a SXK BB with one on a daily basis right now.
Teenage angst has paid off well. Now I'm bored and old.
#7 (permalink)      7/7/2022 5:55:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 410
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos229
+1 details
Have two sevo70 (moonraker and supbox) mod and a sevo40 bantam, all fine, work as intended, bypass mode if you want that mech feel, seem reliable and accurate enough... Maybe it gives out a little more power at lower wattages than it should... I usually use them 1-2watts lower than my other mods (w/ same build, same tank)
For wattage mode or bypass it's good enough

Edited on 7/7/2022 at 5:56 AM
#8 (permalink)      7/7/2022 9:19:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 825
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos749
+2 details
I've been using a clone Cince Terre mod with a Sevo 70 chip paired with either a 24mm LF Lite or a 24mm Destiny at around 15 and 45 Watts for the last 8 months without any problems. Because it was a sub $30 cheapie I've used it as a pocket beater/bar mod and have dropped it and soaked it in juice a few times but it has survived so far.

As RattyRat commented the power output may need adjusting down a little for MTL (and maybe up for DL) but for budget board it's good enough if you aren't obsessed about accuracy. I've never used it for anything but wattage mode so I can't comment on TC and bypass.
#9 (permalink)      7/7/2022 9:33:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16458
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29996
+2 details
If I think a bit, I might have some mods too with Sevo chip lol
At least a Bantam and the Cinqueterre which I don't use much (...for w/o any reason) though it's a great mod. I'm more familiar with the Ambition chip.

Thanks for all the reassuring comments :)