Anyone got leaking problems with Vessel RBA?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/13/2022 7:29:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1814
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos564
Thanks for the suggestions, I already reached out to vandyvape CS. Got a first reply asking recipient address for the replacement o-rings, a week after and no more updates. I've used teflon tape as a temporary fix, the sides of the PC tank section is bulging af now. -_-
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#12 (permalink)      9/13/2022 9:08:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bkozior
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2020
  • Posts 33
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos11
+3 details
I replaced the loose fitting gasket on the vessel deck with SKU 2167404 and this size o ring fits much better and more secure now then the original gasket and prevents the deck section from falling out.
#13 (permalink)      9/13/2022 12:24:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neged
  • JoinedAug 2022
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
I started with the arctic tank and a ipv 2 mini cant wait for the d2 to ship already.
Now I own a mutation x v4 and a mini mad hatter.

On both rda I build with a 26g kanthal either parallel or twisted. Mostly twisted, and most of my build are at .5 ohms. I often smoke at 40-55 watts.

I always have alot of leaking on the rda that leaks to the ipv and and inside the 510 connector. Well the "a lot" of leaking usually comes after I been smoking it like lets 20 puffs?

Is that leaking because of my wicking or is my watts to high? I rarely drip on my mutation I usually just "paint" the juice. And on my mad hatter mini do drip it but I just drop like 2-3 drops per coil.

Just kidding! Not a bot, I've been around since 2017/2018 but I made a new account because I didn't like having part of my real name in my username which amazingly FT staff can't edit...Anyhow

Is this leaking issue prevalent with all Vessel boros?

I've been living the squonk life for the last few years (Pulse X & Topside Dual). I'm considering a Pulse V2 but saw the AIO .5 VV released that seems quite decent.

Have always wanted to get an SXK DNA60 BB but I'm tempted by the Pulse AIO, much prefer the battery life of a 21700 vs the compact form factor of an 18650 mod.

What's filling the tank like? Does it get dribbly and gross inside? Can you achieve a nice proper tight MTL draw with the Vessel or would I need another boro?
#14 (permalink)      9/14/2022 2:21:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1814
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos564
neged wrote:

Have always wanted to get an SXK DNA60 BB but I'm tempted by the Pulse AIO, much prefer the battery life of a 21700 vs the compact form factor of an 18650 mod.

What's filling the tank like? Does it get dribbly and gross inside? Can you achieve a nice proper tight MTL draw with the Vessel or would I need another boro?

The filling is ok, the left over condensation is the problem - although I think this is just a "me problem" and not anyone else. But I do get annoyed with the pooling condensation and I have to remove the tank every damn time to wipe the inaccessible back part of the tank chamber.

bkozior wrote:

I replaced the loose fitting gasket on the vessel deck with SKU 2167404 and this size o ring fits much better and more secure now then the original gasket and prevents the deck section from falling out.

Does this work for both the deck and the tank section?

Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#15 (permalink)      9/14/2022 5:28:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16990
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30481
dub09 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, I already reached out to vandyvape CS. Got a first reply asking recipient address for the replacement o-rings, a week after and no more updates. I've used teflon tape as a temporary fix, the sides of the PC tank section is bulging af now. -_-

I used sewing threads for an auth. Ceo which was leaking like hell from where the tank and top cap meet, it works now fine (though it's far from being my preferred tank)

Also contacted Vandy Vape CS more than 6 weeks ago, they wrote back a week later when I stopped expecting much, asked for my personal details, then for a good month...didn't hear from them again. About 10 days ago got an e-mail that they were shipping out my replacement mod, gaskets included, which normally (by following tracking) arrived to my place yesterday! I had to pay 4€ VAT on line (for those who are in Europe) which is fine, I've expected more. I'm still not on return home, will see it in a week or so.

So even if they are a bit slow, their service seems to be real! :))

#16 (permalink)      9/14/2022 6:48:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicViking
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 827
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos565
cilika wrote:

I used sewing threads for an auth.

I don't know what You mean.

Ceo which was leaking like hell from where the tank and top cap meet, it works now fine (though it's far from being my preferred tank)

Yeah ... I still don't know what You mean.

Is The Fucking You Get, Worth The Fucking You Get ???
#17 (permalink)      9/14/2022 7:22:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16990
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30481
+1 details
'Ceò Boro Bridge MT Essentials X Van & Del Design'. You can google it. It's for tight or loose (w/o insert) MTL vape so probably not your style. I just precised auth(entic) as you can get the clone here on FT.

Bought it at quasi half price from a local site 4-5 months ago. Must have been some left over from some earlier phases of the production or just a not very well succeeded example, as I had several issues with. Like: threads in one post are not cut all the way down, so it's hard to tighten down thinner plain wires snug enough. Thin claptons are fine. And leaking, but that is solved. Sewing (cotton) threads are a bit trickier to use than teflon tape, but I wouldn't leave teflon tape in direct contact with juice. (since I was told not to do so) =)

Anyway, for leaking issues because of bad gasket or bad machining (where the gasket goes) need the same troubleshooting in case of the lack of good gaskets.

Edited on 9/14/2022 at 7:25 AM
#18 (permalink)      9/14/2022 6:03:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicViking
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 827
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos565
cilika wrote:

Anyway, for leaking issues because of bad gasket or bad machining (where the gasket goes) need the same troubleshooting in case of the lack of good gaskets.

Oh ... okay. I take it that when You say "gasket" ... You're talking about the O-ring, Yeah ???

#19 (permalink)      9/14/2022 6:19:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicViking
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 827
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos565
As in ... NOT the three rectangular Black Do-Dads shown Lower Left in this photo,

but the two Round Thingamajigs ... right above the three Red Dots.
#20 (permalink)      9/15/2022 8:14:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16990
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30481
Couldn't call it an o-ring as it's nether a ring or an 'o'.
I meant the rectangular ones on the left lower corner on your pic which hold the tank section together with the rest. lol
But as above the deck (lower part of the tank) it doesn't leak only under the top cap, (right below where you can see the Ceo logo) probably it's the consequence of bad machining, they went too deep with the groove and the tank is not well sealed with the same gasket. That's where i had to put 1-2 turn of thread.

Ahh, sewing thread, in case you've never seen some: :))

Edited on 9/15/2022 at 8:22 AM
#21 (permalink)      9/26/2022 9:26:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16990
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30481
+2 details
Received (in hand) today the Pulse replacement, with a nice updated connector and a flawless chip (for the last one hour), absolutely awesome! Ohh and some gaskets too.

So VV service is real ;)